navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Anyone recommend Good quality ASHP Brands and maybe tell me which to avoid  (Read 12225 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »

Sean,
     Why on earth would you take the secont point personally,? Is there some reason why you think that this might be directed at you,?
   Please explain, ballspin
                          Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Sean

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 11:19:43 AM »

As far as I am concerned the Immersun threads were affected by the second half of the sentence ie someone was using this Forum solely to sell their products

removing those posts is fair enough, and expected behavior - but the manner in which other legitimate posts, including those mentioning issues with products sold by Navitron, are castigated or removed, has led to a stifling of PV surplus switching debate - why lock the threads

this isn't the right place for this, and it's nothing within my scope of control either - I'm just one of the masses, expressing a shared point of view
Sean

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »

Sean,
     Why on earth would you take the secont point personally,? Is there some reason why you think that this might be directed at you,?
   Please explain, ballspin
                          Biff

I'll let others conclude if that was pointed at me, if it wasn't - then why mention it

as I said above

this isn't the right place for this, and it's nothing within my scope of control either - I'm just one of the masses, expressing a shared point of view
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »

Sean,
       Your idea of a shared point of view is debatable,,Our job as moderators is to have the forum running smoothly and not to have salesmen squabbling in the background sending out Pms left right and centre trying to hawk their wares while rubbishing their opponents wares.
     You dont see the overall picture and are most definatly not in a position to comment on it.
                                                                     Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
M

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »

Please, please, please, no more arguments, complaints or sniping about the rules. I've fallen foul in the past, and realising my mistake have simply apologised and learnt.

If someone allows you free entry into their home (or place of business) for which they incurr costs, then allow you to play with their toys, it seems only fair that you abide by their rules.

If I don't like the rules, I'll walk. If I want to play and share, then I'll except the rules.

Because of the nature of this site, it can not be a democracy. It is however, as far from a dictatorship as seems possible within the confines of looking after both ours and Navitron's best interests.

So those that have spammed, accidentally or deliberately - suck it up!

Mart.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 11:31:57 AM »

"I,ll let others conclude if that was pointed at me"
          Exellent idea Sean, genuflect
                               Biff

martin

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »

"has made people somewhat nervous of posting mentions to ANY product not sold by Navitron," - damn good thing! - As I've already pointed out, it would be FAR easier just to ban any mention of "brands", but we do try to allow "reasonable discussion" - it is a difficult, and at times damned annoying tightrope to walk...

Just to give an illustration of the timewasting rubbish we have to deal with, some months ago a new member managed to slip in (unnoticed) several blatant plugs for an insurance brokers - eventually we caught up with him, deleted the posts, and nuked his account..... A few days ago, up pops an application for membership from the very same company, using their company name as username (which is specifically forbidden), so I deleted the application, and had the decency to send an email explaining "why" - there followed a protracted exchange of emails from said party, who eventually denigrated the forum, said he'd be taking his spam elsewhere, and as far as I'm concerned, confirmed his unsuitability as a member by using "management speak", and referring to "I will continue to use more active sites going forward" - he never denied his intention to spam, and blamed the earlier transgression on an "over keen" SEO company........ This is what "goes on behind the scenes all the time", so I'm quietly amazed that more members don't get scalped by the admin team when they start whingeing about how censorious we are, or how hard done by they are when we've done what's necessary to keep the spammers at bay..........

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Sean

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:13 AM »

and are most definatly not in a position to comment on it.
                                                                     Biff

you think that stifling legitimate debate isnt something members of a public forum can comment on

Sean

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 11:41:18 AM »

"has made people somewhat nervous of posting mentions to ANY product not sold by Navitron," - damn good thing!

ok a simple question - rather than making the open discussion of competing products so problematical, why doesn't a representative from Navitron get involved in such threads and sell the virtues of their product

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 11:42:02 AM »

Dont wriggle about Sean, Grin
                         The sentence began with,"you dont see the overall picture and"
                  This is why you are not in a position to comment on it.
                             Biff

martin

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »

"stifling legitimate debate" - we don't! - we do stamp on anything that looks like spam - as others have said, much goes on out of sight of the members, so they may see a "missing post" and assume the worst of the moderating team from a position of not knowing the whole story - and believe me, it gets bally irksome when you're accused of being Beelzebub incarnate when the accuser is not in possession of the full facts......

"why doesn't a representative from Navitron get involved in such threads and sell the virtues of their product" - could you imagine the whingeing from the whingerati about such a move, about the "bias" and "stifling of legitimate debate"? hysteria

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Sean

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »

Dont wriggle about Sean, Grin
                         The sentence began with,"you dont see the overall picture and"
                  This is why you are not in a position to comment on it.
                             Biff

Biff, why is this so difficult for you to understand - I don't have a problem with anti spam activity, I do have a problem with the manner it's being done as it's preventing a proper debate, and if you think it's just me that thinks this way then could I politely suggest that you haven't been paying attention

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »

Its time for a cuppa Sean,
                              A little break will do you the world of good.We do value your input and let me be the first to say that there have been times when I have been quite pleased to be informed properly by you on various different subjects.In other words,I have learned from you and thats what this forum is all about.Meanwhile,the kettle whistels whistlie
                                                     Biff

Sean

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

I have learned from you and thats what this forum is all about.

exactly !!!!!!!!!

learning - that's what this forum is all about - ''Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum''

so why is learning what the merits of a Navitron ''product'' is over an alternative so very problematical
rhys

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 12:17:09 PM »

Navitron now sell what I consider to be arguably the best heat pumps on the UK market in the panasonic Aquarea range, well done to Navitron for getting that sorted out, you may as well just end this thread now tbh... well, if energy saving and rarely having to use the immersion for back up at low outside air temps are the criteria anyway.

tbf I think the mitsubishi ecodan range also do something a bit similar, but I don't think they've got a HT version.
It's a shame Navitron haven't got the full datasheets online for each model though...
I'd missed that Navitron had new systems, thanks GavinA.
And claiming a COP of 4.74 wow! Can we discuss that!!!  extrahappy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: