navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New build heat pump quote  (Read 3871 times)
Bodidly

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »

If you go down the Heat pump rout I do not see the need for additional systems. Ours does all the hot water we need using 2.3 kWh per day for this and has never gone wrong in 6 years. To back up what knighty said you would be hard pushed to find anyone who would tell you their house had to much insulation so do all you can within the space you have available. I put in more than the regulations at the time required but I still wish I had done more as even with an efficient heating system it is still is not free to run and will only get worse as the costs of energy go up.
efficiencyman

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »

I have fitted a whole house heat pump.  I am very impressed with price quoted 1500  for a Sanyo rotary compressor of 15Kw output . it has performed exstremely well, I have it installed as a Hybrid with my old system of 10 rads and under floor all on separate zone M/Valves. Even during the coldest days I am well impressed during my trials and temperature dependent Hybrid use.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:04:41 PM by Eleanor » Logged

Wet underfloor & multi zone Hybrid heating. Gas & 15Kw Heat Pump, Heat Stores 20 Evac Tube Solar Thermal. LED Lighting throughout.  Nissan Leaf Tecna Zero Emision Car.
pudding

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »

The Dimplex heat pump uses a Copeland Scroll compressor. Any experience with them, reliable, efficient? I think you're right, if the heat pump will do everything we need, there's not a huge point in paying any more capital expenditure for another system. May aswell upgrade any insulation as everyone says.
Other-Power

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »

Dimplex are good but Kensa are also good, and simpler too, they are local to you and if you work with a local installer you should be ok.  I have worked on projects with both and Kensa units seem rugged and do deliver.  I have seen COP of 4 on well designed Kensa system, using a heat meter and a kWh meter, so they can do the business.  Spend time to reduce you heat demand as much as you can, Kensa make a 3kW heat pump now, called the shoe box, if you could use that you would be on to a winner.  Just a side note, have you got the OK from Western Power to install a heat pump, I think the form you need to submit is called a J form.

Cheers

Jon

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: