navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RHI application deadline date?  (Read 5297 times)
Mishoo

« on: January 27, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »

Can anyone tell me what the cut off date is for last applications? What is the cut off date for commissioning? I have searched all weekend!
wattever

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:27:14 AM »

Hi Mishoo
The RHI for domestic premises has not started yet. This summer maybe. The voucher scheme for RHPP ends 31 March 2013. Go to
www.gov.uk/renewable-heat-premium-payment-scheme for info. Commercial scheme is ongoing.

wattever

4kW Sanyo HIT 6sqm homemade flat panels Rayburn log boiler, two Aarrow wood stoves
Half hectare mixed hardwood coppice, 9 year rotation. 3.5 cu m Rainwater harvesting. MHRV. North Dorset.
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:40:15 AM »

Expect domestic RHI proper from September (summer but only just).

You need to redeem any RHPP voucher by 31st March. But funding for this could run out at any time in which case no more vouchers would be issued - so apply for your voucher now.

Volunteer moderator
Mishoo

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »

I am self employed farming. The house is used in the business and there's a farm office in the house. Does this then qualify for the rhi payment of 8.1p a kilowatt hour used as a commercial setup? The boiler will be heating the office and the rest of the house. Is it correct that one has to first install the new boiler and system before registering and getting an application off in the post? I would have thought i would have to register and apply first and then go from there. Is there anyone who can answer this?
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »

Do you pay Business Rates on the part of the house used as an office? If not then it will not be classed as non-domestic for the purposes of RHI.

See Chapters 3 and 4 in this document: http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/e-serve/RHI/howtoapply/Documents1/RHI_Guidance_Document_Vol_One.pdf
and specifically 4.40 onwards for detailed guidance on the eligibility criteria.

It might be possible to turn your new system in to a 'district heating system' which could be eligible if you pay separate Council Tax bills for separate buildings on the farm and use a single boiler to heat them all.

Volunteer moderator
Ivan

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 02:11:59 PM »

Is there any chance that RHPP will be extended beyond 31March, or is this an absolute deadline?

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Mishoo

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »

So can one claim rhpp and then go on to claim rhi on the same scheme? I think I've read somewhere you can't claim rhi payments if you've also received a government grant. Is it correct that i have to get the boiler installed before i can apply/register for RHI? The whole thing ha given jobs for the boys alright.
A.L.

G69, Glasgow

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »

hello,

So can one claim rhpp and then go on to claim rhi on the same scheme? I think I've read somewhere you can't claim rhi payments if you've also received a government grant. Is it correct that i have to get the boiler installed before i can apply/register for RHI? The whole thing ha given jobs for the boys alright.

you probaly will be able to claim RHI but it will be reduced by RHPP amount,

read this document - www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/66155/RHI_domestic_scheme_-_consultation.pdf - particularly paragraphs 65-69
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: