navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sodium Iron Batteries.  (Read 1938 times)
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« on: February 27, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

My brother in law stayed with us over the weekend, he was telling me about one of his colleagues at CMU who is developing a production line for these batteries. Apparently the excitement around this project is considerable.

http://sciencebusiness.technewslit.com/?p=8332&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=university-research-spinoff-to-build-manufacturing-plant

Bro in law E-Mailed them asking, "Do you need UK distributors?"

Nothing ventured nothing gained eh.

Desp

Cobblers, the title should read "Sodium Ion Batteries" I don't know how to change the title wackoteapot
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:19:10 PM by desperate » Logged

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
dhaslam

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »

It seems that they last well but with reduced capacity.   I suppose that is just  allowed for in  the particular application.    Sodium Sulphur  batteries at high temperatures  still seem to be the choice for large scale battery storage, 8992%  storage efficiency and over ten years life at near full capacity.         

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium-ion_battery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium-sulfur_battery

DHW 250 litre cylinder  60 X 47mm tubes
Heating  180,000 litre straw insulated seasonal store, 90X58mm tubes + 7 sqm flat collectors, 1 kW VAWT, 3 kW heatpump plus Walltherm gasifying stove
rhys

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »

Irony ballspin
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »

Remember this?
Things are progressing well, Bro in law thinks we (Navitron)  and off gridders may be of some interest to Jay whitacre.

Have a looksee, who knows?

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »

Sounds promising indeed Desp,
                             They seem to be quite happy about the whole thing and maybe they have a winner.Its about time.A couple of ton of those babies would suit me down to the ground.
                                       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: