navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surprise,!!!  (Read 9281 times)
the blacksmith

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »

Ive lived here now for about 18 years, we are gradually getting things done( got the money no time, now got the time no money) , but my wife bless here does not understand the need for "projects" which in the end will help to get our cost of living down, one way or another!
The problem is you need to have in my opinion really good fore site , stick an extra cable or two in while the floor boards are up, then the kids start grumbling there internet is slow, so up with the floor boards again so you can feed x metres of cat5e around the house.

I did buy a couple of books from hughe, but the truth is i cant see us getting planning here for a turnip, maybe in the future i will just stick the planning in and see what happens.

I'll have to stick with pv as I've got more panels than you can shake a stick at, i went out one Sunday to pick up 4 panels, i ended bringing back 19, (they were too cheap to turn down) , the trouble was i already had 14 sat back home, then i stumbled across a place that made cider, time to keep my head down fight

I hope the pmg goes well, im sure you will keep us informed  with pictures.

tb
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:17:23 PM by the blacksmith » Logged

4.2kw & 4.1kw pv array+ immersun
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 10:54:28 PM »

Wow,, "You went out to buy 4 and ended up buying 19"
        Believe it or not, It is the kind of thing ,I would do myself and have done. You cannot go wrong.
  But Ciderrrrr, errrrrrrrrrm hysteria
                                                    Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
the blacksmith

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »

Biff, I got the panels for 30 ea, new old stock, I could not turn them down . They have got mc3's not 4's.
Before I moved down to Devon I used to drink bitter, maybe because I'm older ,now after a hard days slog in the summer I do like a cider or 3, picked up some from Sams @ winkleigh, it does go down very well......

What is your poison?

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:38 AM »

Believe it or not Blacksmith,
                            It pains me to have to tell you that neither my wife nor I drink at all hysteria. Before my kids came along I enjoyed a drink but once they needed this and that, I did not have the dosh to spend on anything else. I know it is not what people like to hear.I was also into music and did a lot of driving, so no booze there at all but I could get up with the band and a pint of farty lemonade and sing rather well for someone who looked half shot. I also ran a bricklaying gang on the continent and booze was the last thing I needed there. I am not anti-drink but I am mad enough as it is fingers crossed!
                                                             Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
the blacksmith

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »

Biff, theres certainly nothing wrong with  not drinking.

I know what you mean about the kids wanting things, ours are 12 & 17 now, the eldest has just past his driving test.
so its gone from us paying for driving lessons to helping him get his car, to helping him insure it & not forgetting us putting the fuel in it for him!
Hes staying on at school & just picked up a summer job, so hopefully when he gets a really good job he can then look after us Grin

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »

" So hopefully when he gets a really good job he can then look after us"
     Sadly Blacksmith, 
                      It don,t quite work out like that, seldom does. They fly the nest and meet the love of their life, get married, have kids and expect you to carry on looking after them as well hysteria
  You will find that they have different idea to you. They will listen carefully to you but still go ahead and do it their way.( just like I did with my own parents). I am not complaining. I have been pretty lucky, touchwood.
                       Biff

the blacksmith

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »

I know where your coming from, i was exactly the same at there age!!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: