navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sanyo CO2 Eco 9kW PRV leaking  (Read 1751 times)
MacBeagle

« on: April 16, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »

I have got a leak in one of the two PRV's on the Tank unit. How do I ascertain which one is the guilty party? I have phoned a few local plumbers to see if they could do the job but as soon as I mentioned "heat pump" they backed off and mumbled about priests and exorcism. So it looks like I will have to do it. The red 2.5 bar valve on the tank is fitted at the factory according to the PDF and has an ominous shroud over the connection - how would I get that off? I know how to isolate and purge that one. The black 9 bar looks easier to change but will need advice on how to isolate and purge.

Thanks

Andy

rogeriko

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »

By leak do you mean dripping from the outlet? I find that by turning the knob on top a few times all the way around will open and close the valve quickly and thus reseating the valve and it will stop dripping.

MacBeagle

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »

Thanks for the reply. The outlet is not so much a drip as a steady stream and I have jjust done what you suggested to both valves to not avail. The red 2.5 bar was very smooth and shot out hot water, the black 9.5 bar vibrated the pipes something shocking. The picture was taken a couple of days ago and I remember the water being cold, is this a clue pointing to the black valve or would the hot water from the red valve have cooled - the outlet pipe run is about a metre?

Philip R

South Cheshire

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:38:31 AM »

Are the two PRVs discharging into a common overflow pipe? makes identifying a bit harder.

You mention hold and cold, can you show a bit of schematic for the two PRVs, it might become clearer.

Philip R
MacBeagle

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »

My best shot at a schematic. The booster pump was put in because there was some doubt about getting sufficient water to the bathroom which is at the furthest point in the house. It has never been used.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: