navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverter and ASHP lifespan  (Read 178 times)
Home Farm

« on: August 25, 2019, 07:13:57 AM »

We have a SolarEdge inverter and was wondering how many years we should get out of it.

I have a similar question about air source heat pumps.

These are expensive pieces of kit, so was wondering if its years or decades.

Our DIY and sustainability journey: https://www.myhomefarm.co.uk
TT

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 12:27:29 PM »

I suppose it depends how heavily it's loaded, do you get it serviced every year- heat pump?
Location of inverter, temperature of this location,
Heat will damage the inverter
Terminations checked for tightness etc
GeoffM

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »

Different brand but my Mastervolt XS went in less than 2 years, and the replacement went after about another 2.5 years. Both were replaced under warranty, now expired. The current one has been in for about 3 years so I suppose I should get ready for anotehr change. I want a smarter one, and I believe they are fairly easy to fit (even possibly a d-i-y job ) and cost less than they did 8 years ago, but that might all be rubbish.

There's a thought though, would a change of inverter make any change to the FIT stuff, does it even need to be declared?
supremetwo

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »

Inverter details are not on my MCS certificate - just the panels and the meter.

So, unless the installer registered those, there will be no inverter record on the MCS database to change.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: