navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flexible chinese blades  (Read 2193 times)
agrarian

« on: May 09, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »

Camera shot reveals just how flexible chinese blades are in high winds.  Shocked

Or maybe it's just the chinese camera!  banghead

Ag
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:48:37 PM by agrarian » Logged

2 x Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW , 1.2KW pv, 540Ah@120v deep cycle, 2 x 2KW sine wave, off grid on a Snowdonia mountain. Never forget that the power varies as the CUBE of the windspeed.
camillitech

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »

Congratulations on your first photo upload Ag  extrahappy

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
agrarian

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »

OK Paul and Tod, One or two from the black museum,

Above : Several very good reasons to eliminate overspeeding.

Ag

2 x Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW , 1.2KW pv, 540Ah@120v deep cycle, 2 x 2KW sine wave, off grid on a Snowdonia mountain. Never forget that the power varies as the CUBE of the windspeed.
camillitech

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »

Love the 'camo' blades Ag, was that a planning requirement or an effort to 'get it under the radar'  hysteria  hysteria

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
agrarian

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »

Paul,

You have PM.

Ag

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 07:08:07 PM »

Great Pics Ag,
           The first pic is a beezer.The whole lot must have been just about to go to pieces.
    Considering,I have been extremely lucky,I really have.Apart from my dog finding the locking nut for the hub and before I could quite lower it to the ground,the whole shebang dropped off about 10ft above the ground,buckling one blade only,After that,I used a locking compound on the big nuts.
    i did post a pic of a blade set that was hail blasted right through the leading edge,other than that i have been very fortunate.
                                                                                        Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
agrarian

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 07:23:26 PM »

Adding an extra set of brushes to an early Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW to reduce the likelyhood of high resistance connections.

Ag

Think I'm becoming addicted to uploading now I know how!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:41:55 PM by agrarian » Logged

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »

Love the pics Ag, just a tadge  of a breeze in the first one.
Do regret not going down the same route as you and Biff, but there is always time.
Knee those pics coming.
Best
Tod

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
agrarian

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »

It's been pointed out to me that the picture of the "flexible chinese blades" might give a false impression to anyone wishing to engage in wind turbine generation, so for the record, the blades are no more flexible than any other blades and the picture is a result of the way the camera recorded the image and the speed of the turbine at the time.

Ag

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13:27 AM »

I wondered about that AG,
                           I know you use the same type of blade as me and I recently had a poke in the box to study a blade set and could not for the life of me figure out how these rigid blades could possibly bend like that. hysteria
                                                           Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: