navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recomends please... Meter/store data, between 48vDc and 3.7kw Inverter.  (Read 8458 times)
clockmanFR

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »

Thanks rogeriko will have a good look at your link.  COR, bursts into song, so sexy for my batts, so sexy for my batts.

Paul, might ping Eltime a mail and ask how much, I know there stuff is good but their price is good too.  faint
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:47:39 AM by clockmanFR » Logged

Everything is possible, just give me TIME.
rogeriko

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 08:12:09 PM »

Here is another type    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MS6172

If you have a Turnigy you can replace the internal shunt (that's the bit that gets hot) with an external one   http://www.rc-electronics-usa.com/special-mods.html  Then you can run it at 100 amps no problem. here's a photo of the wimpy shunt inside the turnigy.

* TURNIGY.JPG (83.9 KB, 486x457 - viewed 380 times.)

clockmanFR

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »

Thanks again rogeriko. I loved the rc=electronics modification.  genuflect

Have contacted the Australian Jaycar co. and await.

Also dropped Eltime a mail, and await.

rogeriko

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »

This is the Chinese one I was thinking of yesterday but I couldn't find it, now it has appeared. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECO-DC-Dual-Digital-Led-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Amp-Power-Meter-0-90V-100A-shunt-/350846579367?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item51b015f2a7

hobbit-express
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »

http://www.navitron.org.uk/product_detail.php?proID=835&catID=157
Is this the kind of thing your looking for?
clockmanFR

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 07:53:15 AM »

Reply from eltime, was bad, (but normal ). They sent me details of Measuring Transducers errr. I asked for a cost effective max 70vDC max 80 amp watt meter, "contacts us" they said but I just did.
But in this day an age expecting an employer of this company to actually understand products is perhaps to costly. So yet again I go elsewhere.

Many thanks young Hobbit-express, will keep that in mind, but it shows amps used per hour, Ah, so would have to convert it to watts for her indoors.
Oh yes, My sheep still need tackling and shearing. (got one this year called Ninja, it jumps into the hedges and eats it way out, rugger to catch and hold).

Rogeriko, hmm, ever had one?. Looks a new gadget to me and I have not seen it anywhere before?  It sure ticks the box, but not clear what it actually displays, and as for operation, I do hope the set up explanations are a little better than the usual mumbo jumbo transalation.
BUT I do like that stonking great shunt bolted directly to the PCB with the 2 flying leads to the display chip.

Any way have sent 26 by Paypal so await outcome, if its real s.hit at least I can get my money back.  extrahappy

rogeriko

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:52 AM »

I never bought one but I believe it probably works OK. Please report your findings.

clockmanFR

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »

Hi rogeriko,

My semi-report.

Pic shows it powered up.

2 menu's by pressing the OUT button, shows what's going out.... Other menu shows internal battery Volts, and three other functions but not sure what they are yet as I have no working power going through the meter.

2 displays, using the up and down arrows, showing Volts, power in Watts, Amps, C is amp hour, H is time.

Note, if battery supply removed then meter stored info is lost. Cry 

Trust this helps
Ps, at the price I thought it was worth playing with it, especially with this shunt arrangement.

* P9280323a.jpg (97.76 KB, 696x522 - viewed 185 times.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: