navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leisure v car battery - camping use  (Read 5399 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »

Wait now Chas,!!
                  Are you serious,? Shocked
                                       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
chasfromnorfolk

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »

Wait now Chas,!!
                  Are you serious,? Shocked
                                       Biff

Well, I do like a solution made from the stores... it could have taken months of development to arrive at that!

No, of course not. Part of my 'problem' such as it is , is that the shower unit's attached to a seasonal weekend holiday let and nothing that can go wrong, nothing that requires any tinkering (with apologies to Tinkers) and nothing costing significant money to upset the 'books' can feature. So, the existing set-up fits between 'interesting free but unreliable bodge project' and 'interesting but expensive solar project'. A compromise, but 'twas ever thus.

Chas
guydewdney

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »

Here's one in a "sustainable conference centre" I went to a couple of years ago, which made very effective use of a boiler codsed up from 2 rads and assorted other bits and bobs - fed on old pallet wood, logs etc...........

why does 'sustainable conference centre' have to equal 'bad inefficient, dangerous, bodge'? No insulation, plastic pipe on boiling water, noxious fumes from paint burning off rads, not a pipe clip in sight.....

Makes my place (which we are thinking of making a conference / courses centre) look positively neat and tidy.

Would you mind PM'ing me the details of said 'conference centre' Martin?

apologies to OP for OT. 

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »

Hello Guy,
         Its all about the actually idea and having it working of recycled bits and bobs.People are supposed to look at that and say,"Well blxxdy hell,I think I could do a damd sight better than that" and they get cracking.
        But that works and you can see why,Thats the important bit.If it all came enclosed with neat little piccies and a big long detailed blurb,it would not have half the impact that that outfit does.There is a method in that madness.
                                                                     Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
guydewdney

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »

or people think - I dont want that hinky pile of carp in my house, if thats what I have to do to be 'sustainable' then I dont want it.

Pic of wheel on day 1
7.2kW Waterwheel and 9.8kW PV
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 10:10:49 PM »

Or if they see what a good result can be got out of such a pile of junk,
                                             They can get stuck in and do a really good job,which looks the part and works well.Folks would naturally want to achieve better results than what is already there.Martin,s pics prove that its not rocket science.Its well within the grasp of mortal man.
                                                                                    Biff

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: