navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FIT Supplier - recommendations?  (Read 3219 times)
talisman

« on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »

Am in the process of having a 4KWp Solar PV installed and was wondering if there are any preferences to the FIT suppliers.

I am at present with British Gas for my domestic Electricity and Gas. Is it prudent to stay with them or go with another?

Now that both my sons are at University it is only my self and the dog, I may get a lodger in the near future but as it stands I can certainly see my self exporting more than I use ... unless I get one of those Immersun gadgets and hook it up to an electric oil radiator to help heat the house in the winter

decisions decisions. Now where can I find space to put more panels? lol
martin

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »

I have nothing but praise for the EDF green energy team - friendly, helpful and efficient....... I'm no lover of their general policies, but in this respect, they're good to deal with. It may well pay you to try 2 or 3 of the comparison websites for the best prices on inbound energy  - I've just been through several of them as EDF hoiked my prices up by 30% as of this October, but to be frank, the companies were all at least as expensive (when you rootled through the minutiae and confusing offers - M&S looked really cheap until I looked closely at the offer), so in my case "better the devil you know.........." whistlie

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Quakered

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »

Another vote for EDF. I have been with them for both Gas and Electricity for a few years and their Green Team was excellent when we first installed our panels in the very first days of FiTs. They were always friendly and helpful even when it was clear their own systems were not coping. Everything has been running smoothly for 3 years now. They initially took a monthl or more to payout the FiTs but now do it within a few days of submitting the readings.

Patrick

No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford

3.2kw PV and Tesla Powerwall
Jaguar I Pace
Ivan

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:11 AM »

Definitely look for a 'no standing charge' tariff - but thanks to the government, they've done their best to outlaw this type of tariff 'for our own good'. There are still some available, and if you're already on one, I guess it doesn't alter (at least mine haven't), but it's not possible to get the same deal as a new customer.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
merkland

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »

I am with Scottish Power on one of their fixed price contracts which expires at the end of this month.
Current pricing: first 225kWh used each quarter is 22.614p and all remaining kWh at 12.171p.
I have been offered two options.
Move to new monthly Direct Debit  prices which would be a daily service charge of 27.39p and all kWhs at 12.948p.
Or take out a new fixed price contract to February 2016 which would be daily service charge of 31.5p and all kWhs at 12.948p.
Which would you choose?

merkland.

200w wind turbine grid tied, 1x175w PV grid tie or to batteries,
2x55w PV to batteries, 24vx440ah battery bank. 3.5Kw grid tie (14xSanyo 250w facing 160degrees at 80 degrees inclination, Aurora 3.6 inverter), 2xflat panel water heating (for over 30 years )
Stochengberge

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »

It's horses for courses.
All I can say that Eon did have their issues, but now they have got their systems sorted they pay direct into your account a few days after being emailed a reading.

SB.

On the North Downs of Kent with 3.2kWp facing 12' west of south @ 33', 36 x 58mm Thermal tubes on an east / west split, 300ltr triple coil DHWC and an 8kW to water WBS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: