navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new 500 watt wind turbine fitted having problems already  (Read 37010 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »

(two shifty looking guys hiding out in in a backstreet lockup in Ankara)
     One with his long legs hanging over the top of the desk,picking the crums out of his tash with one hand while scratching his nuts with the other is giving his assistant a terrible telling off.Threatening death by firing squad after having each limb removed with a hacksaw.
      The assistant(the expert freehand drill tech) is on his knees on the floor pleading for his life.
        "But masta,You said, they was only for lucky dip,lucky bag and lucky if ever one of them worked,You did Masta,,You did"
       "Be quiet Bin Ali,Be quiet or I will cut out your tongue.have you sent Mick back a controller,?"
        "Yes Masta,,yes,I sent him the one that came back from Sputnik,the nice shiney one with the rattle."
       "H,Mmm ,,Good boy,come here,"The Tash,s voice warms and he stretches back on the chair,pulling hard on his reef and letting go clouds of smoke.
   "I am going to promote you,I am going to make you my personal assistant,"
        Ben Ali grovels on the floor,,,"Awwww Masta,gracious Masta,You do this for me,?"
   "Yes,Out of the goodness of my heart,I will promote you to number 1.My right hand man." "Be quiet now,,have you got back any more controllers,"
    "Ahhhhhh masta,The controller which come back from England I send back to the UK and the ones from Germany to Ireland,I mix them up good so that no one get the same one twice,like you said."
      "Good man Bin Ali," " Soon we have the money to travel to UK and open resturant in Park lane" " I must think of a name,Something very english,something exciting,Something like
       "The windjammers revenge"
         "Posh and renewable"
                                 Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 07:19:08 PM »

Effin brilliant Biff.  hysteria
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »

Sputnik,Mick,,
                   I mean no offence and apologise if i have hurt your feelings, but its how I imagine their operation.
    I do hope you see the funny side.
                                         Biff
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:49:51 PM by biff » Logged

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
sputnik

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »

I did indeed! ;-)
kernelpower

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 08:34:09 PM »

Our business got proper stitched up by a Turkish company it was only 800 euros but we ain't the biggest company!!
sputnik

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »

Ok I know I'm floggin' a dead horse now but........

I shaved a bit off the blade stubs (? The bit that fixes to the hub) to increase the pitch and added a larger aly tail fin, so now it points and turns ok.

I suspected a while back that I'd been sent a 12v version instead of 24v. So it gets upto 12v at a modest turn but has to be screaming to get above 24.

Could I fit some sort of step-up transformer to help? I know this would more than halve the amps but any voltage below 24v isn't going to add anything to my batteries.
Or am I being a tw*t?
oliver90owner

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »

I shaved a bit off the blade stabs

You may regret that.  Fitting wedges would have been a far better ploy.

Could I fit some sort of step-up transformer to help

The output is likely three (or 5) phase AC from the stator, but rectified to DC for battery charging.  If you could separate the phases and transform them ... but you would need to deal with all  the phases. Three lots of transformer losses and wild AC to contend with.

Is it possible to halve your battery volltage?  Otherwise you need an inverter along with more losses.

RAB
sputnik

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 03:44:29 PM »

Could the step-up not be fitted after the rectifier?
agrarian

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »

Could the step-up not be fitted after the rectifier?

Well it could, but it would need to be a dc to dc converter or an inverter, transformer and additional rectifier ........ too many losses to make it practicable.

Ag
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:08:45 PM by agrarian » Logged

2 x Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW , 1.2KW pv, 540Ah@120v deep cycle, 2 x 2KW sine wave, off grid on a Snowdonia mountain. Never forget that the power varies as the CUBE of the windspeed.
mickmm

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »

Hi Folks   i have just got my refund from Istabreeze  for the faulty controllers   i sent back   i have also received a new controller of a different manufacturer  for half the price the others were   i have now fitted it up   and the battery light came on   great  extrahappy   and this morning the turbine was whizzing round  but its not showing any output lights on the controller,  the charge light  is off  banghead  so like wise  is it a 12 volt one connected to my 124 v bank   i am getting a bit fed up with the usless  Turkish rubbish ....   i am awaiting delivery  of a watt meter that goes in line with the controller output   and when fitted it will tell me what output i have if any??   if  there is nothing showing   then they will get that back as well   sh*tfan       it should be here very soon    then it will hit the fan.    i may decide to take it further   and claim compensation   for all the messing about  taking it up and down and getting my son to give me a hand   and the return postage    whatch this space    mickmm
sputnik

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »

I think that the only thing that is 24v on these things is the sticker that says so. Sickening cos they charged me 30 quid more for a 24v one.

I've replaced the rectifier, charge controller with third party stuff and it still doesn't produce any power.

We've been had mate.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »

Hang in there lads,
              There must be some solution,? whistlie
       How about a combined,fire sale on fleasbay ,like suggest before, but the two of you giving your experiences as the reason you want to get rid of these articles.Be sure to put everything down correctly and keep all the details of transactions.
                                                     Biff
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:18:57 PM by biff » Logged

sputnik

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

It's blowing quite nicely here at the moment, and thanks to my work on the tail and blades the Ista is spinning well.
However I'm reading voltages 9 to 19 frequently but it's not topping 24 unless in large gusts.

I reckon it would be doing ok in a 12v system but this thing is definitely NOT 24v.

I'll post some videos on youtube later.......
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »

Well done sputnik,
                However,, and however,This is the best wind you will ever see, Grin and if it canna deliver in this,it will never deliver.
                                                                                            biff

mickmm

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »

Hi   well Sputnik  i have found the same thing as you     its been spinning that fast you could not see it  but all it did was to put a slight glimmer on the  charge led  on my other controller  so i turned off my P V   but after a couple of hours  and  not 1 decimal point   was added to my battery  digital readout   monitoring  my 24 volt bank,    so it looks like its a dead loss fume   i have  sent another email to Istabreeze    and had a reply form   what sounded  like a Turkish name person who says  he will get back to me soon  fingers crossed!   banghead
I told them  i was considering claiming compensation for all the times i have had to take it up and down  for no fault of mine    i told them so far its not produced  a single watt   of power for me    and as Biff says  the winds will not get any better than this     can any one recommend another  make to replace this rubbish  at around 4/500 watts  at 24 volts

thanks  mickmm  help
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: