navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new 500 watt wind turbine fitted having problems already  (Read 37018 times)
mickmm

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

Hi still awaiting a reply from the Turkish  person from Istabreeze  but i have also found a bit more out about the problems with the 24 volt turbine   from another agent for them
after i purchased a controller from him   i gave him some information about the problems   we are having with the 24 v version   
I have sent another email   asking  for either a genuine 24v tested  replacement or a refund    other than that i have said i will take legal advice   with my legal cover on my home insurance  that covers me for  personal grievances  etc,    and i have said i will set up a complaint with ebay,     so  its up to them whichever way they want to go Huh   
Below is a copy of the reply i received from another agent also selling these on Ebay   and has thanked  me for pointing out the problems and the fact that  he was still advertising 24 v ones which he has now   altered the add to just the 12 v  version       thanks   mickmm

Dear xk8man2,

Hello xk8man2

Thank you for writing to me, I am sorry you are having problems with the istabreeze 24v, yes we have had some problems with the 24v but not all, some of the 24v turbines work well and I think its a problem at the factory labelling stators wrongly. Anyway we have dropped the 24v version until they sort them selves out.
Thanks for the head up on this as I did not realise we still had an advert for 24v version, I have now removed it.
I can not help you with your istabreeze problem but I will refund your payment for the controller if you wish to return it to me.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »

Well at least they are making some effort,
                               However,they are well aware of the problems with that 500watt wind turbine.It is not as if they did not know.I seem to remember telling one particular director that they were advertised as being made in Germany,whereas the fact was they are Turkish made with Chinese bits. He got rather stroppy and told me he had reported me to the advertising site owners.I replied that,that was an exellent idea and that I would furnish the reason to the advertising site owners as to why he should withdraw that particular model turbine, This was 3 weeks ago.Instead of trying to take my helpfull comments on board, he became very aggressive.I suppose If I had a barn full of those fantastic articles I would be hoping to get rid of a few before the sh*tfan.
 To be fair, The chinese Yang-Shens were no hot stuff when they came out first,Not only were the blades far too big but the hubs were suspect and the controllers were made of putty.One thing they did have was exellent lump innards,The problem with them was that they overproduced lecky,not like this recent new kid on the block.They have to produce lecky and if they can only show a glimmer in a force 8,get shot of it immediatly,dont waste your time.
                                                          Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
sputnik

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »

Wouldn't  a voltage doubler circuit like this provide a work around?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_doubler

C.
mickmm

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »

Well what a problem i have had making sense   of the way the istabreeze .co.uk works,   i have been passed from pillar  to post   with different company names    even  1 from Germany    who told me to fill in a complaints form  and send it via an attachment   i never heard  of them??  anyway  i got in touch with the original seller   and told him i was prepared to  Ebay and open a resolve  system    he has now come back and told me he is arranging a collection  possibly Friday    so i have had to get my son to give me a hand in the freezing cold wind and rain  to take it down and get it took to pieces   and boxed up   and its to go back and i will get a refund, so its a result  at last !!!  i did tell them i would not give up      so a happy ending      mickmm
oliver90owner

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »

its to go back and i will get a refund, so its a result  at last !!! 

Don't count your chickens until you actually have the cash in your hand!  'Will' denotes the future.  Don't try holding your breath until it arrives!

Good luck.

RAB
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: