navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It died :-(  (Read 5531 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »

KP,
  Wot are you going to sing,?If you turn up singing "Three blind mice",he might take the shotgun to you.
                                             Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
clivejo

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 10:10:59 PM »

Mine has only two blades and a wonky shaft, but I think the coils are ok, what voltage is yours?

DISCLAIMER : Iím not responsible for anythingÖ for anything I say or do. Cos Iím a proud member of clan Eejit who once ruled Ireland.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 11:03:58 PM »

Hi Clive,
         Paul,s is 24volt.
                           Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
kernelpower

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »

I could prob have it away in the night if I really wanted to , Turbines deserved to be loved and nourished and appreciated!!!
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 11:26:58 PM »

Absolutly KP,
         I could not agree more but shotguns are horrible things,they are noisey and angry and can leave you feeling weak and full of holes.
        Holes that sticking plasters cannot cure.When we were kids we used to knock about with this big shorthaired German pointer called Spot(he was the brains among us).If we got seen in someones orchard,Spot would take care of the dogs while we got out of it as quickly as possible.
     I distinctly remember us sitting on him by the river bank,to hold him down while we dug the pellets out of him with a penknife.He would grab us and hold the arm in his big mouth,we would wait till he stopped growling and then dig out the rest.Then we would drag him over to the river bank and push him in,jumping in after him.I have no idea how he knew we were nuts about him but he did.Then we covered up for him when he robbed a fowl and he did plenty of that.He was a ledgend in his life time but not to his owners who spent a fortune paying out for him.
   But even Spot got to know that ominous click and could leave a hole in the hedge making an exit to get away before the shotgun was even raised.
                                                                       Biff
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:43:21 PM by biff » Logged

camillitech

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:49 AM »

Mine has only two blades and a wonky shaft, but I think the coils are ok, what voltage is yours?

As Biff says CJ, but to be honest I'm not fussed what the voltage is, if it's 24 I can charge Harry's batteries and dump heat to the shed, if it's 12v I can power up the new 32' x 8' hen shed and if it's 48v I can put it into the house bank. How about we go 'Halfers' at KP's if it 'comes off', you take the blades and shaft and me the stator. Perhaps I could deliver it when I turn up on your, Billi and Biff's door one day  hysteria

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »

Clive,
       He is playing hard to get,!! Send him a pic of your turbine resting in a nice Christmas gift box under the chrissy tree with a blade on either side.
     No mere mortal could avoid being overcome with such a sight.
                                                              Biff

agrarian

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 09:39:51 AM »

Turbines deserved to be loved and nourished and appreciated!!!

Hear hear ....

Ag

2 x Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW , 1.2KW pv, 540Ah@120v deep cycle, 2 x 2KW sine wave, off grid on a Snowdonia mountain. Never forget that the power varies as the CUBE of the windspeed.
kernelpower

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »

Talking of turbines , mine is pretty knackered , I put the brake on in a gale and it has completely destroyed one of the magnet rotors , the metal disc is still there but totally empty Sad I found a few sections of epoxy but no magnets yet Sad pics to follow !!!
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »

Kp,
     You are coming out of this much better informed than when you went into it.Just imagine the value of this as a talking point at a little gathering or garden party and some one asked you do you know anything about renewable energy.
      You will be able to straighten up,have another sip of the gin/tonic.adjust the glass,s and look sadly profound,making  that very very telling remark,
      "You know,,its not quite all straight forward as it seems," Then continue in a similar vein,,"H,mmmmmmm I remember I once imported this wind turbine from Turkey".and "I wrongly believed that because they were exellent boat builders that they would automatically be exellent wind turbine builders".
    Dont say anything about the size and cost or make any remarks on the Turkish version of blackadder and baldric but you could let them know that if you had decided to sue and take the Turkish manufacturers to court,then the Turkish economy would have crashed and you did not want that on your conscience.
                Biff

stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »

When you see the numbers sold on teabay, there must be no end of folk with a dead turnip in the shed (but too ashamed to admit it).
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
agrarian

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »

Biff,

You have a worryingly fertile imagination, you might consider becoming a writer, if you're not already. The title "Biff's Fables" springs to mind. Long may you continue to amuse.

Ag
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM by agrarian » Logged

2 x Yangzhou Shenzhou 2KW , 1.2KW pv, 540Ah@120v deep cycle, 2 x 2KW sine wave, off grid on a Snowdonia mountain. Never forget that the power varies as the CUBE of the windspeed.
kernelpower

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »

Your'e right there Biff , words of wisdom Why do I always learn the hard way Sad , Its still putting out some volts but the amps will be pretty cr*p,"Think the steel disk got impregnated"  with rust and it was only a matter of time , I fully expect too see a very rusty rotor disk when I take it down tomorrow.

That 1.3kw is getting some interest on ebay £200 the other day up to about £600 now ,  last time I spoke to Exmork it was about that price for a 2kw albeit a couple of years ago , I know they are different but guessing they are pretty similar.
stephendv

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »

The 1kW 2.8m diameter huaya turbine (I think they're the manufacturer for exmork), goes for $502.  January 2013 prices.
Exmork do the same one for $550.

http://www.casanogaldelasbrujas.com
2.8kW PV, SMA Sunny Island 5048, 5 PzS 700 battery bank, stinky diesel.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »

AG,
    My old mam was worried too.She used to look at me exasperated and tell me I had excuses for excuses.
    KP,
      We all have to start somewhere.As of late I have been the victim of several chinese suppliers who got the money but never delivered the goods. I have learned that there is never a problem with the language untill I pay the money,Then that great understanding between different cultures seems to take a dive,especially after the feedback date expires.However I am learning and each new failed delivery is treated as a challenge. genuflect
                                                          Biff

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: