navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE - LATE FIT Payments  (Read 34592 times)
Iain

« on: November 20, 2013, 10:44:17 AM »

Hi
Worth a check
Just found out my July payment didn't get to the bank until the 14 th October.
Phoned in my October reading on 1st of Nov, received e mail confirmation on same day.
Just checked and found my payment has not been released. SSE have changed over data bases. The readings had not been transferred over to the new database( until I phoned).
Iain
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:20:02 PM by Ivan » Logged

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
john999boy

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »

I'm also with SSE and have found that they normally take 28 days to process payments so would think that 20 days is being overly optimistic Iain.

Hopefully in saying that, they haven't lost my account into the new database abyss as well?  Wink

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
skyewright

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »

Phoned in my October reading on 1st of Nov, received e mail confirmation on same day.
Just checked and found my payment has not been released. SSE have changed over data bases. The readings had not been transferred over to the new database( until I phoned).
Just noticed that our payment for that Qtr hadn't appeared either. I'd meant to check earlier...

When I called up SSE they found a note on our account saying they weren't making a payment because there was no export figure for the Qtr (we have a TGM and an export meter). It looks like our export figure must have fallen down the gap when they changed over to the new system (it was certainly provided in the original telephone call, and confirmed  back to me, along with the expected payment value). Quite why they just "made a note" & didn't query the apparent omission with us wasn't clear.

It seems they now have 2 separate databases. One to collect the readings & one to handle the payments. A side effect of this appears to be that the person who notes the readings now can't tell you what the payment will be, as that isn't calculated till the figures are transferred to the other system. Presumably they have some reason for "improving" the system in this way...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:38:36 PM by skyewright » Logged

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
john999boy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »

As an update to my last readings I can confirm that I also had some problems with them.

I phoned at about the 10th of Dec and was told that they'd stopped a payment to me (at the beginning of the month) as the amount they were going to pay was obviously wrong. Maybe this wouldn't have been so bad but they didn't seem to pick up on it until I phoned them. At this stage they said the payment would be processed straight away and it was for x.xp. I couldn't remember the exact amount I was due but thought I was being told something incorrect.

After checking I realised they'd ignored the export payment - just as they did for skyewright!

Hopefully they can manage to get it all right next time.  whistlie

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
ProDave

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »

My last generation reading went to SSE on 1st December.

Normally I get the cheque about 3 weeks later.

Nothing yet this time. I assume because of Christmas etc.

Anyone else on the same reading cycle got their payment yet?

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
Brian-s

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »

I sent my reading on December 1st and did not get the normal confirmation Email.
I sent a reminder on 21st and still have not heard anything.

Brian.
Pat_

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 01:25:58 PM »

I just phoned them about a reading I submitted on the 30 Nov. The guy said they were up to the 28th Nov at the moment.
AlanM

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 02:56:50 PM »

I phoned today and was told the same, up to 28th Nov. However the guy i spoke to said hang on a  minute, he then went and pulled my payment forward and authorised it. He said he hears his colleagues trotting out the mantra of " we have 65 days to pay you ", and disagrees with that attitude as it just pisses people off. He gave me his name and said to ask for him in future and he would spend 5 minutes and authorise it when i give the readings... So there are good people there. He did say the delay was that they had introduced a new database in mid november and then after use found bugs in the system.

Alan
ProDave

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:22 PM »

Anyone got there December payment yet, or even an email?

Or is it just me still waiting?

Brian-s

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 07:24:15 AM »

I got an Email yesterday saying my December 1st payment was being processed.

Brian.
ProDave

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »

Me too.  Got the email this afternoon.

So they are now 1 month behind processing payments.

I hope they take on some extra staff to clear the backlog.

skyewright

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »

The saga continues...

Just called in our quarter to 31st Jan & also enquired why the last quarter's payment still hadn't appeared in our account. It seems that the guy I talked to on 6th January hadn't done it right either! So the quarter to 31st October figures were taken again & processed straight away right up to being passed to the "Approvals" stage. "Approvals" were said to take a couple of days, the payment should be received shortly after that.

Then we moved on to noting the quarter to 31st Jan, which will hopefully pass though the system more smoothly...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Pat_

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »

Wasn't sure I could face reporting all this but I will.

I never received my payment for last November. When I contacted them they claimed my cheque was put on hold because I hadn't completed my annual statement. This statement was received by me 2 months early, but responded to the same day. They admitted that this excuse was just crap but that was what had happened. They then sent me a cheque for 3 times the amount owed. I wasn't prepared to have them claim the money back later so told them. They said tear up the cheque but we will now arrange BACS payment even it you don't pay your acc by DD.

This sounded good so I agreed. Got a letter saying I had agreed to receive BACS payments but with banks account numbers asterisked out asking me to check numbers were correct. Sighed and ignored. Next day received letter saying thank you for agreeing to pay your bill by DD (with plain text account numbers!) Phoned them and shouted. They said ignore letter sent in error, but got them to send retraction email for the record.

Just had similar crap with BT so not a happy bunny!

I discovered, though, that Skype 0800 numbers are free so you can call two different 0800 numbers at the same time with headset, plus wireless landline held on one side of head by the headset. Really cool two have two handsfree opportunities to complain.
marshman

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 07:54:38 PM »

System 1 is with SSE for FiTs. Well I got fed up of waiting for the last quarters payment. Submitted reading on the 2nd or 3rd Jan on line and expected payment around 3 weeks later based on past performance. Called them at the end of Jan to ask what was happening as it was more than 28 days. Told by harassed sounding gentleman that they were behind and still processing November and December but I should get payment in 2 to 3 weeks. I said fine but could he confirm they had in fact got my readings as I had no confirmation. He said they definitely had. This was interesting because he hadn't got any of my details! Still as it was a winter quarter and the payment due was small I let it go. Well today I thought hey they still haven't paid. So I called again. This time the gentleman (a different one) said wow it should have been paid by now. Let me check. He came back and said they had not got the readings, so I gave them again and he said he would send them striaght to the payments team and I should have the money in my bank within 7 days - we will see. I then asked what was the best way to submit readings, email, phone or on-line? he said "telephone and get the persons name". Up until this quarter SSE have been quite good. Not as good as Scottish power who "look after" system 2 - they paid in 23 days last quarter - there average over the last 2 1/2 years is 21 days.  SSE is now trailing at 38 days over nearly four years.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Iain

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »

Hi
They seem to be getting worse. Phoned today to check there were no problems. Readings phoned in, end of January. They are now up to mid January so I should be paid soon! He said he was new and they have taken on more staff.

At least both my readings are on the database this time so will just have to be patient.
Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: