navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended FIT provider  (Read 7339 times)
paul149

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 10:38:15 AM »

+1 for Good Energy from me Smiley Yes they are slow paying out but it is within the time frame that they must pay out and it is probably because they cannot take it from their own reserves unlike the other big (foreign owned) providers.

Quote From Above
""Plus they're not a tax-avoiding, pollution-causing multi-national corporation!""

-1 for EDF especially as I have lost count the number of times I have tried to call them at different times of the day and will not sit on the phone when told " your call is important to us ( not as important as it is to ME) and you are in a queue and your expected wait time is 45-50 minutes!!. banghead

So if in the event you may need to contact anyone look at their customer handling record!

"Cheap insurance is fine but god help you if you make a claim"

Cheers Paul M.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:41:48 AM by paul149 » Logged

3.5 kWp (14 x Sanyo H250E01 + SB3000TL) 225' (SW) at 35' Pitch Lat 51.30' (Bristol) Installed cost 2.63/Wp (Nov 2011) now with solarimmersion and 250L unvented dhw (Almost Zero gas input for DHW from Apr to mid Sep)
pluggy

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »

I've found EDF to be excellent - really good help team on the end of the 'phone (In the UK), swift payments, no hassle..........

I wouldn't have thought a solid anti-nuclear guy like yourself would be entertaining EDF....  Wink

I'm with EDF as well, no problems, quick payments straight into bank.

Home monitoring System : http://pluggy.me.uk/homeserver
10 X Hyundai 250W PV, Sunny Boy 2000HF Invertor, 35 degree roof, Bearing 154, Lancashire
martin

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »

I can only speak as I find - EDF took over from Seeboard in this area, and as such have been with them "for ever" - each time I've checked the tariffs they've been within a gnat's whisker of the other companies. I certainly don't agree with their nuclear use, but my pottering off in a huff is not going to make lots of difference to it. As I've said several times, of late their 'phone service has been exemplary (both the dedicated "green team*" and the general lines) - I've always got through quickly, the staff have been pleasant and helpful -  we almost speak the same language too (Scots callcentre for general calls! Grin)
When I went through a recent "find the cheapest tariff" thing recently, they managed to reset the DD details incorrectly at the end of the first month - a few minutes on the 'phone got it sorted, along with what sounded like genuine apologies - sorry, much as I'd like to find fault with their service, I really can't............

*They were utterly brilliant during my "last minute dash" for the highest rate of fits - could not have been more helpful
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:38:43 PM by martin » Logged

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
E.ON Company Rep: Malc

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »

Just been looking at EON and bit confused with rates published in their fact sheet.

It says that generation rate is 15.44p - has this been RPI adjusted? Approx difference 3.5%

Hi ianh64

Sorry for the late reply. Just spotted your question.

I can confirm, our FIT generation rate of 15.44p/kWh for solar panels of 4KW or less has been adjusted for RPI.

Payments are adjusted each year in line with the RPI. This current rate is due to reviewed again after 31 March 14.

Hope this helps.

Malc
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 12:26:23 AM »

Just been looking at EON and bit confused with rates published in their fact sheet.

It says that generation rate is 15.44p - has this been RPI adjusted? Approx difference 3.5%

Hi ianh64

Sorry for the late reply. Just spotted your question.

I can confirm, our FIT generation rate of 15.44p/kWh for solar panels of 4KW or less has been adjusted for RPI.

Payments are adjusted each year in line with the RPI. This current rate is due to reviewed again after 31 March 14.

Hope this helps.

Malc
That table is completely wrong.

The table shows the tariffs as if they actually apply now, 'Tarriffs received until the 31st march 2014' should read 'Tariffs received after 31st March 2014'.

Also whoever wrote that is misrepresenting the eligibility periods, as anything installed after 1st January 2014 will not be eligible for an RPI increase until April 2015.

Please get this rewritten as there's already too much confusion out there without FIT providers putting out wrong information.

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
ianh64
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »

Thanks all. I've done my application based on recommendations from here I went with EDF.

I would have liked to use Good Energy but slow response to my questions, slow payment and 0845 number put me off.

EDF on the other hand have been easily accessible, good staff on end of phone on an 0800 number and once set up, promise speedy payments.

EONs misleading marketing shows a trust problem and they ruled themselves out.
ianh64
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »

Well, few days ago I finally got my paperwork through from EDF. I had phoned them a few times in the interim since submitting my application on 22 Dec and they always said that things would take time so I was partly prepared for the wait.

If The Green Team is reading, or competitors looking to take note, a big thumbs up as it was very refreshing dealing with the EDF Green Team team on all occasions. I always felt that they took my queries seriously and they genuinely cared that things were taking longer than they would have liked. A very refreshing alternative to the normal big faceless corporations that unfortunately blight even the most basic of communication with modern, profit orientated companies.

Before anyone pulls me up on not going with a green alternative, I had wanted to go with GoodEnergy but they were not the easiest of companies to communicate with, on one the occasions that I did talk with them I had to wait for them to phone me back (next day) and I just didn't get the warm feeling inside that the more knowledgeable EDF team instilled in me.

I just hope that the good service continues.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:27:44 PM by ianh64 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: