navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we crazy ?  (Read 12996 times)
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 07:27:59 PM »

quote]one of the many reasons that your suggestion to charge up batteries on PV during the day and extract it at night is a bad one - with a grid increasingly powered by wind, daytime electricity will be the dirtiest by far as we want to encourage export to the grid during the day and import from it overnight)[/quote]

I probably miss your point again ,  but the forecast  for PV and Wind installations  will  dominate the el. grid , and I do not get your point of
daytime electricity will be the dirtiest by far
, surely, if this focusing towards  much more PV and Wind is not wanted , then you can pretend to argue , that the Grid is dirty and some holy grail has to be created ...

Beside my pessimistic eye ,  i rate PV  as a very optimistic and supportable future

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/elliott-negin/the-time-for-wind-and-sol_b_5208289.html

http://www.motherearthnews.com/renewable-energy/solar-power-and-electrical-energy-ze0z1405zcov.aspx?PageId=4#axzz1413hEQB9

as we want to encourage export to the grid during the day
 Roll Eyes is this so  and again do you see this happening in Europe , with all those ideas to cap  additional  increase  of PV ? I see and read  , that folks try to use all at home , but surely i am up for the idea to export ( thats the reason  i think the 16 A limit of connection  can be expanded  seen over 24 hours  hysteria )

All i am saying is ,   that other ideas should come  into consideration  ,  and  one of it would be to run bigger PV s  with lesser Gti s from PV and a direct charged battery  , as well this could overcome the weak Grid structures   many countries suffer from  ...

per  10 kw PV one needs then only  about 1.5 kw  GTI  to feed  the house and the Grid  24 hours a day ... Heating water and underfloor could  be done directly with DC and heatpump without expensive control gear required   , so theoretically even a 30 kw PV and a 4 kw GTI  would work according to PVgis for one 16 A household or location (do not think so limited in regards of roofspace !)
And again   there is a price difference  of about 6000   between a 30 kw PV GTI  to a 4 kw Gti  or  in my battery head ,  that is the value of a 130 kWh battery  , that then is able to provide power as a base load supplier for the grid for the next 10-15 years (before its recycled)

Surely in the UK , with generous FiT and RHI tariffs  , this should be  a hot place  for germinating ideas ...

Best regards ,  

Billi
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:34:50 AM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: