navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help and advice needed Please, Biomass DH costing a fortune to run  (Read 30544 times)
Martin0121

« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2014, 12:11:34 PM »

Yes mostie that is ours, the -2 version.  It is a long thread lol we are taking any advice, suggestions or comments.
Other-Power

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »

So there isn't the flow rate to support the required demand, you may have air in the system or the heart main is to small.  This might be why there is cavitation due to excess pressure across the pump.  Do you have any design specs for the hay main?

My advice is based on me spending my money doing this and my job spending others money doing this.
Martin0121

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »

not got any specs for that unfortunately.

We do now have an appointment with a rep from the installation company, at 10am tomorrow morning, going to put all the data to him, along with all the info and advice from here and see what they say.

the flow rate has always been my main thought as to the cause, but never thought about the constriction from any pipe work.  Ill check tomorrow.
mespilus

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »

You need to politely determine if the 'rep'
is 'just a rep', who could be selling carpets or lintels next year,
or,
a 'rep' who knows this business.

Check his business card for any capital letters
and google them to see if they are truly professional bodies
or
single payment = membership for life.

If he turns out to be 'just a rep',
you need to leave him certain in the impression someone from the engineering department is needed.

Now in the HS2 blight zone
Martin0121

« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2014, 10:47:03 AM »

UPDATE

The guy that cam round was a service engineer.  He was on the go non stop for for 7hrs gathering more data from all of the houses, the boiler room, checking filters, pumps, pressures, you name it he checked it, nice and thorough.

He has taken all of that away along with all of my data, observations and all suggestions as to the problem that i have forwarded from this forum. He is going to run through them with the design team to find out where the problem lies, he does admit there is a problem somewhere in the system.

We expect to get a report back in a week or so, so keep your eyes peeled and I will post the results and or calculations he comes back with.  Some of the figures didn't add up to me.  I wont go into them just now though.

Thank you again everyone for all the help.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: