navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RHI Government Consultation Response  (Read 4462 times)
Ted
Global Moderator

« on: December 14, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »

The government has just published the results of their consultation on proposed changes to the RHI - both Domestic and Non-Domestic.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/the-renewable-heat-incentive-a-reformed-and-refocused-scheme

Main changes are implemented from next April, but anyone applying for RHI from today will be eligible for the new tariffs when they come in.

There will be new limits for heat demand maxima for a property:
 - ASHP 20,000 kWh
 - biomass 25,000 kWh
 - GSHP 30,000 kWh

No changes to solar thermal.

Other future changes are to include assignment of rights (same as rent-a-roof for PV) but no date for that has been decided yet.

Volunteer moderator
brackwell

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:31 AM »

I do not see a distinction between Air to Air HP and Air to Water which i thought the old system did.

Ken
GarethC

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:28:03 AM »

Am I right that there essentially wasn't any support for air to air?
brackwell

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 09:50:10 AM »

Yes that was correct but in this report it just refers to ASHP ie AIR SOURCE hp
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:51:01 AM »

There is no RHI support for Air to Air Heat Pumps. To be eligible the product must be listed as such on the Product Eligibility List (PEL) which also requires ASHPs that:

- must use a compressor driven by electricity.
- must use a liquid to provide space (ie room) heating. It can also supply DHW or other heating to the same eligible property.   
- must have a minimum seasonal performance factor (SPF) of 2.5.   
- from 26 March 2016 must be compliant with the Ecodesign of Energy-related Products (ErP) Directive.   
- must not be designed to use heat from air expelled from an appliance or building when generating heat.

Volunteer moderator
ringi

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 10:01:27 AM »

- must use a liquid to provide space (ie room) heating. It can also supply DHW or other heating to the same eligible property.   

What stops that liquid being the liquid/gas that connects the two half's of a split Air2Air system?
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »

I believe it is down to interpretation by OFGEM. But if the product is not accepted on to the PEL by them then it is not eligible.

Volunteer moderator
ringi

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 11:28:42 AM »

I believe it is down to interpretation by OFGEM. But if the product is not accepted on to the PEL by them then it is not eligible.

I was thinking if someone set out with the design aim of being accepted onto the PEL, there may be a way to create a A2A system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: