navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfering an EON FIT contract to new owner upon sale.  (Read 7025 times)
ProDave

« on: February 05, 2014, 06:44:40 PM »

A friend of mine is in the process of buying a house that has a 3KWp solar PV system installed on the original high rate FIT.

I thought it should be a formality to transfer the FIT contract into their name as the new owner upon completion of the purchase.  My own FIT contract with SSE has a specific clause about transferring the FIT payments to a new owner upon sale of the property.

But the EON FIT contract has no mention of this. Just how to cancel the FIT contract if you move.

What should she do to ensure the FIT contract continues at the higher rate, either with EON or another supplier.

She appears to have the MCS certificates etc and confirmation of EON accepting the FIT contract at the original rate.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
supremetwo

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »

Ask them for a 'change of ownership' form.

https://www.eonenergy.com/terms_and_conditions/Residential-Terms-And-Conditions/feed-in-tariffs

If You are planning to transfer ownership of the Generation Unit You must contact Us to request a “Transfer of Ownership” agreement form.

When this form has been completed to our satisfaction We will update the Central FIT Register and write to You and the new Generation Unit owner to confirm that this change has taken place.

You must notify us at least one month prior to Your planned change of ownership and provide the relevant meter readings on the date of the change of ownership.

If You wish to nominate an alternative payee to receive the Payments You should contact Us to request an “Assignment of Rights” agreement form. You will remain responsible for providing meter readings as set out in clause 5 and clause 7 in order for the nominated payee to receive regular FIT payments.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:33:51 PM by supremetwo » Logged

JohnS

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »

I thought it worked just like changing the supplier's customer when you moved.  

Is EON the supplier?

Even if you don't want to stay with them, best to change supply and FIT together.

2.1kWp solar PV
ProDave

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »

Thanks

I knew it had to be possible.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: