navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repower MM82 2.05MW wind turbine foundation ring  (Read 20119 times)
camillitech

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »

Sent you pm Paul,

Not sure about your foundation, perhaps a bit of both,  a concrete base fixed through with resin anchored bolts. Have a look at the stuff I just sent you. I guess the scale is slightly bigger...

Have my own mast quandry, I have the miniwind, and i either fit it to triangular lattice mast, (i have 6 sections at 3m long, 2 at 450mm wide section and 4 at 300mm wide section), or get a mast made which can fold down, (scissors mast..?)
Alan

That's pretty much what I did for my Proven mast Alan, a concrete screed then drilled down 450mm with a 22mm bit, which was actually a little too small for the M20 studs. I'd do it 25mm if I were to do it again. As for a mast, this may be your lucky day, since I've just a acquired an 'as new' 15m galvanized one for buttons I've a 14m folding mast here that I'll swap you for some M30 stud an nuts.

It's on Raasay of course but near the ferry terminal

and it does need welding as I had to cut it (unnecessarily as it turned out  fume ) into 7m lengths to transport it.

It's an old lighting tower, one of those that fold downwards, a bit like Ecogeorge's.

Could also let you have a complete Lombardini if you could be bothered to collect it.

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
AlanM

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 09:38:54 PM »

Oh right, how does that work? Is it just hinged at the bottom or does it have some other mechanism?
camillitech

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »

It's hinged halfway up and has a counter weight that wraps around the base, I'll take pictures tomorrow and email them to you if you send me your address. Something like this http://www.skyntwks.com/product/tubular-pole-tilt-down/

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SMA SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 9kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
AlanM

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

Aye, that'll be the same address that i sent the SIG rock adaptor stuf to you half hour ago... Grin

Pics would be great, ta!

Alan
oliver90owner

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 10:40:36 PM »

do you know if that three hundred cubes get poured in stages, or is it all blooshed in in one go?

One continuous pour is preferred and for thick sections they would add something to retard the strength gain - like fly ash.  Ultimate strength would be good and the lower rate of heat production during extended curing would avoid thermal cracking.

RAB
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »

The crew lowered their crane jibs during the storm. Each turbine is assembled in 4 days, which includes dismantling and re-assembling the big crane at the next turbine. It's interesting that each blade is offerred to and bolted to the hub on the ground, which involves some lovely slow synchronised movement of the 2 cranes. I've yet to see the 'propellor' being lifted but it must involve rotating it to the vertical, part way through the lift.
The 2 men in the tower use impact drivers to tighten all those nuts where the components meet. It reminded me of boiler-makers and the racket of rivetting. At least they have ear protection now.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:10:12 PM by stannn » Logged

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 10:54:18 AM »

It's 2 months since the erection work on the 4 turbines was completed. The propellors have been locked against rotation during that time. This week, 2 of them have been rotating and then stopped several times in a windy period. Today, one of them has been running for hours and so has probably passed its exams.
Does anyone know what is involved in commissioning these giants?
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: