navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Effect on F.I.T when changing supplier  (Read 2159 times)
devbias

« on: February 20, 2014, 12:42:46 PM »

British Gas currently supply my gas & electricity.

I had 4KWH solar pv system fitted November 2013 and also registered with Britsh Gas to supply my F.I.T payments.
After an ocean going nightmare with BG making mistake after mistake setting up my F.I.T it is now finally done although I still haven't had a payment yet but I did only supply a reading a week ago.

I am thinking of changing my supplier for both gas & electricity but don't want to move my F.I.T.
 I know that this has been covered before but I remember reading a thread once on here that BG were no longer making F.I.T payments to non supply customers.

I can't find the thread now but I know I've not dreamt !
Not much of a saving changing supplierier but if I can change and leave my F.I.T with BG and not have any problems it seams worthwhile for the savings and to stop being pestered to take a smart meter.

Would appreciate comments from current BG customers and customers who have done exactly what I'm thinking of doing so I can gauge if its worth the hassle.

4KWH SE/NW SPLIT SYSTEM CHESHIRE
16xHyundai His-S250MG
Sunny Boy 4000-TL21 Inverter
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »

The issue is that they will not open a new FiT contract if you are a supply customer for one of their competitors. Once you have a FiT contract in place then switching supply shouldn't be a problem.

Volunteer moderator
devbias

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:16:39 PM »

Thanks Ted, that's what I remover reading some time back.
BUT given the performance of BG administration and don't feel confident in a trouble free switch to another supplier and leaving the F.I.T whith BG

4KWH SE/NW SPLIT SYSTEM CHESHIRE
16xHyundai His-S250MG
Sunny Boy 4000-TL21 Inverter
Hydroteam

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »

Don't know if this helps but we have been supplied by First-Utility whilst our FIT registration has been with British Gas for over 2 years now.

Apart from teething troubles at the registration stage with British Gas, it has all been fine so far.
The 3 monthly meter reading notifications are prompted by an email from British Gas and I submit them through the link supplied in their email message.

FIT Payments by cheque have been received through the post within less than 10 days from my meter reading notification.

I only wish they could pay by electronic transfer instead of a cheque in the post...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: