navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 159856 times)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »

With your lot GB must be nearly a whole cow!
Stann they will resurface, usually in a patch of grass, you find them with the blades of your mower. hysteria

Kidwelly South Wales
M

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »

Just a quick pic of Flash (the feral feline) now that he's been with us for 6 months. Still going well, though there have been a few surprises, notably finding a large squirrel (deceased) proudly left one morning in the conservatory. Given that his nickname is 'no neck' as he's so solidly built, how he got it in through the catflap with him, will remain a mystery.

Just for a laugh, here's another Daily Mail article on devious foreigners doing anything it takes to get into Europe (or is it?)

Stray dog who raced 430 miles to a better home

Mart.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
JR

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2014, 09:21:50 PM »

My dear cat Beauty who turned up as a stray - had her for 9 years until she sadly passed away.

A birds eye view of Beauty, as snug as a bug!

The same year found Pretty Boy on the washing line - 2 years later he passed away.

Good Boy now 5 years old - bless.

Billy
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2014, 09:49:07 AM »

Mrs B got a friend in this summer to keep her company while I was away.  Trouble is he's not moved out.

A far cry from the long gone duo of Collies.   Grin
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2014, 09:51:53 AM »

saddle  back    Smiley

Parma the pig  now bigger , to carry billi  jr   ....  and managed to destroy  all lawns ....

* piggy.jpg (99.52 KB, 992x558 - viewed 335 times.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:55:21 AM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
martin

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2014, 09:57:30 AM »

Billy, is he like many dogs of his ilk -"body like a bog brush, heart of a lion?"

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »

She has lost a bit of weight since then and he has put it on, She is the naughty one,who would act deaf and ignore your commands if she felt like it. So it is necessary to boss her at times. He is a big sensitive,considerate bundle of fun who tries to do everything right and who enjoys nothing more than creeping around the jungle with David Attenborough.The creepy music makes him sit up and pay attention. He knows all the adds with dogs on them and is ready for them before they show up. He used to dive on his box of toys to prevent the telly dogs from taking them but he is much more laid back now.Nat was a rescue dog,One of 2, Roxi caught some degenerate brain disease that totally destroyed her. She went from being a very alert biddable fantastic trials type dog to a wreck that could not trust herself to go for a walk without falling over and having a fit. Her star peaked at 9 months and slowly but surely she fell to pieces before our eyes. During Roxi,s reign ,Poor Natily was the lemon of the lot,Yet before Roxi expired,She stepped into the breech and quietly but firmly asserted herself,Backing the strongwilled but old Xena down into her place for the very first time in Xena,s life. I allowed it not being disloyal to Xena(one of my very few one man dogs) but because Xena,s could never hold back Natily. So the Lemon as I called her, The dog I tried to offload and sell,became the one who took responsibility,she wanted it and she got it and never made mistakes. The only reason I never sold her was that the people who wanted her were all suspect and would end up destroying her and dumping her. He stubborn ways do not suit everyone. Then Xena dies of old age,One morning I opened the kennel door and 4 legged Biff walked out but Xena was still asleep. A white rose grows over her grave.Like 4 legged Biff,She was a big age. He was 14 when he passed on and Diese was waiting in the wings. Natily welcomed him with open arms and tolerated all his rough games and tricks. It must have been quite a contrast for Nat to see this kid walk straight in,,No rescue,no hardship,just the life of Reilly.We knew that he was no longer a pup when we saw him with a hurt look and Nat was refusing to be his punchbag any more but after a few weeks he got over it and learned a bit of respect.I still think of Roxi and how things have turned out. We can plan all we like but the future is like the weather,What ever will be,Will be.
                                 Biff

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:59:44 AM by biff » Logged

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Billy
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2014, 05:31:32 PM »

True enough Biff.

Martin, yes indeed and the fluff has not fully grown and bony as hell but he has a certain attitude and one should kneel in his presence.  Truth be told I am getting rather attached to the little Heinz.
martin

« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »

He's rather reminiscent of my Mum's dog that we took over when she couldn't cope any more - he was a "Chihukie" (Chihuaha/Yorkie cross) ,and he'd pick a fight with anything, of any size - GSD - "no problem, lemme at him" - his party piece was to dart through some bullocks and under the gate, once he was the other side he'd turn round and bark furiously at them........ One of life's characters... To be honest, there's very few dogs I don't like Grin

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »

He has a big heartspace, (chest) Billy,
                                          and will be an energetic bundle of tricks and yes he is proud and haughty but I know to look at him that he hides things under his bed blanket. Grin
                                                                       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Billy
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »

You know things Biff that perhaps you shouldn't.  His Lordship doesn't want you to talk about what is under his blanket!   Grin
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »

Grin Grin
          fingers crossed!  ( A squeaky teddy bear?),
     A friend of mine had a spoiled rotten Kerry blue,who used to nick things out of the frying pan and hide them right down the back of the sofa and there they would stay. You always knew when he had nicked sausages, he would growl at anyone who sat on top of them, To be honest,it is not nice to have a Kerry Blue sitting in front of you and growling like that. My friend thought it was hilarious.
                                                              Biff
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:31:01 PM by biff » Logged

mr_magicfingers

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2014, 08:28:33 PM »

I waited 30 years to have a dog of my own, due to work, living abroad, stupid shifts etc. Last year we collected Muppet, a standard poodle. I'd never have chosen a poodle but my girlfriend didn't want anything else. Now I find it hard to imagine owning anything else, she has totally stolen my heart.

This picture was just after returning from doing some shopping. I was putting groceries away and heard her running around, came out of the kitchen to find this. She's got into a carrier bag of shopping, taken out a toothbrush, chewed her way into the packaging (no mean feet in itself) and was running around with the toothbrush in her mouth looking stupidly pleased with herself. I grabbed my camera and managed to get this one lucky shot.

Solar PV: 6kw (24 x REC 250w), Sunny Boy 3600TL-21, roof facing 178 at 40 slope.
300l Thermal Store, 2 x 3kw immersions via Immersun + Dunsley Yorkshire WBS
Woodwarm Double sided 6kw WBS
7 acres of old woodland I'm slowly bringing back into order.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »

The standard is a very nice dog,
                           and your Muppet is a beauty.
                                                           Biff

Billy
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »

What a fine example of fluff that pulls the heart strings, and how we love our animals.  I reckon Poogles are much maligned, but when you know them.......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: