navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 153410 times)
M

« Reply #795 on: October 27, 2020, 06:43:08 AM »

I love collies, especially in the park when they run over. Never know if I'll get to have a quick fuss, or if they'll stop 3 feet away, quickly catalogue us, and then run off again to continue their revue of the park, and make sure everything is where they last left it. Springer Spaniels do a similar thing too.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #796 on: October 29, 2020, 04:48:24 PM »

Oh my goodness Mart, just catching up and watched Link 4 and it's definitely one to make the eyes water a little.  Such amazing progress, congratulations and thank you again for sharing.

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #797 on: November 01, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »

Took Frg (the BEV) for a spin yesterday and ended up with a new housemate. Only temporary, hopefully will be adopted later today.

But here he is, my favourite cat of all time, the chicken killer himself, big beautiful Bruce.

This is him meeting Buster for the first time, pic taken about a minute after Buster and I have entered the room, and Bruce has slowly approached:

And here an hour later when we popped back in to see how Brucie was doing:

And about 5 mins later again as I just left them to chill out together

Tigger

« Reply #798 on: November 02, 2020, 10:24:59 AM »

So on the second pic, I see that Bruce is going for Buster's throat but obviously from the third pic, he decided against it Smiley

Lovely pics Mart, thanks for the update.

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #799 on: November 08, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »

Some updates.

The two timid cats, the B&W and the ginger & white have now been adopted. The man that took them saw the vid of the girl "attacking" me and wasn't phased at all. He's now sent us a vid showing them both being fussed and the B&W walking back and for to him for more fuss, so they are sweeties, they just needed a safe new home.

Bruce has settled in in his new home, and is already sleeping on the young lad, or on his bed. Hooray.

We have some kittens in who helped me clean their pen

kitten cleaning

And we recently took in (separately) two monster boys, a street cat with bad eyes and cat flu, who would have had the biggest head I'd seen, had it not been for an abandoned cat that came in the same day:

He's very timid. He was left behind when a homeowner moved. The neighbour looked after him, but when he asked the ex neighbour when they were coming back to get him, he was told that they now had a kitten, so didn't want him - what a lovely person!
He is gigantic, and has a very unusual coat which fades on the body, and is darker on his head and tail. I thought he looked like a Silverback gorilla with the fade, and as he's silver my cleaning buddy suggested Sylvester as a name. He tries to get under the beds and jam himself in a corner. He also has cat flu so we have to put drops in his eyes which scares him, but he doesn't fight back.
Yesterday he got a bit braver and actually got up to eat while I was fussing him, we then did his eyes, and I gave him his first cuddle to say sorry, and he surprised us by going to his food bowl, not hiding again. So he's getting braver finally. He is reserved but can't go till his eyes are better and the cat flu ends. I was going to foster him, but our old boy Flash is no longer jabbed, so we couldn't.

Cuddling Sylvester

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #800 on: November 08, 2020, 12:05:29 PM »

Keep them coming Mart cheered up my Sunday morning. Power to your elbow.

Kidwelly South Wales
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 [54]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: