navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 116923 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2016, 03:05:39 PM »

She was sold to me as just under 2 and a half years,
                                         If True, It will be the first time one if my countrymen told the truth about a dog he was selling Grin.
  I examined her teeth this morning and they are not fully developed. So she could be even under 2 years old. She is very underweight
 and cannot eat a lot at a time. She likes what she sees and Diese is good to her with plenty of patience with her playing hard to get.
 I am looking forward to them settling down together, She will be good for him and I am hoping that she is not a control freak.
 Time will tell. At the moment she is using charm with me but it is only skin deep, I appreciate the effort but the memories of her former owners
 and the confusing bad times will slip into the background. Trust has to be earned.
  There is so much about our canine friends that we do not know. 4 legged Biff demonstrated
 a very sound knowledge of people,s characters. He was normally very relaxed with women but on the two separate occasions that he took
 exceptions to their presence, He was some 20 ft away from them and not directly the target of their conversation.
 I had him under control but he did not settle until they left.He knew the members of my family and gave them great greetings only reserved
  for someone special. This was when he was 10months old and meeting them for the very first time.
 My kids used to fly in once a year, i kept a large 6 bed house, When the kids would land they would all sit down and say.
  Show us your dog,s tricks. (Now matter what dog I had, they all had party pieces,
 So i would  take a stuffed toy out of his box, Tell him to sit in the middle of the large living room with all the family sitting around,
 Then march down the hall,,Up the stair into each and every room, hiding the stuffed toy in a wardrobe of behind a dresser,without changing step.
 Now he is supposed to be sitting in exactly the same spot until I return. I can hear the kids all cracking up laughing, i know that he is tracking me
 on the ground floor going around with an exaggerated posture of listen to my footsteps ,,Then i am heading down the stair and then down the hall,
 and just as I open the living room door, he jumps into the exact spot where I had told him to stay,,I remember my kids telling me that he had been
 running around all over the place but i would calmly say,, nonsense,,he has not moved,, look at him," and yer man would be sitting like a statue
 still in the exact same spot. There were many little moves like that in him that he displayed a terrific sense of humor. He could pretend not to see
  a ball, if he was being sent down into a mucky hole to retrieve it, and my son would come into the house and tell me, " Hey dad,, Biff has lost the plot
  he cannot see the ball. and outside he would go,issue instructions to the dog and 4 legged Biff would look and look and see nothing..I would always give
  him a few minutes to enjoy it and then quietly send him in with a nod of my head.The response was immediate. My son was impressed.
 Hide and seek was another one. He would walk all round the darkened Garage  and not find them,,It meant the game lasted longer and they felt sorry for him
 when he finally did point them out, giving him big hugs,. He was not immune to sarcasm. Our canine friends know a lot lot more than we give them credit for.
 Memories,
            Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
gravyminer

« Reply #271 on: May 11, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »

GM, writing a post like that must have taken some guts, especially as there is a lot of science argued round here.
those here with a bond & patience with animals will be open to what you are saying  / trying though.

Thanks Mr Gus

I occasionally hang out with some very interesting people, some of them with university backgrounds, who explore the outer edges of science, the anomalous effects that the scientists hate like some of the quantum effects that demonstrate the power of intention.
Once you've broken through and are able to be more open to the weird poo, theres a whole world to discover that makes the world of science a bit less interesting. 

We hear folk say that if we can't hear it, see it, smell it or feel it, it doesn't exist but when you consider how narrow our fields of reception are and its logical that there will be frequencies beyond normal human perception, then its a fair question to want to know what there is just beyond our frequency ranges.

Most are aware of those little ultrasonic devices that allow us to 'listen' to bats echo  sounding. In fact its beyond our ability to hear these frequencies but simple electronics screws the frequency down to audible.

So what happens when this is done with light ?

Regular science just won't go there ........

But as you rightly say this is probably not the place to explore such thinking and yet when its apparent that some here can intuitively understand their animals ( just as the animals intuitively understand us ) then it is sometimes possible to get the logical 'left brain'  types to at least allow the possibility that a bit more science might be needed to explain things.

gravyminer
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #272 on: May 11, 2016, 08:26:05 PM »

It is really difficult to fathom something that you cannot see, feel or understand,
                                    For years, i have believed that Dogs see an aura or layer of hues of electronic impulses,some kind of chemical magnetic field.
   around us humans, They not only smell the different emotions,they sense the electric impulses as well
  They not so much see it as sense it through their Jacobson Canal which still functions properly in the more primitive breeds of dogs.
  The Spitz groups are a more original species than the Shepard, the Shepard type dogs are a recent evolution of the species.
  If a dog can give you a warning about some one they have never met before,,from over 100ft,through the windscreen of a car,
  Then they must be working some very hot technology indeed. It is not just smell or electrical impulses,there has to be something else as well.
  I have witnessed this type of thing for years and the dog was very seldom wrong , if ever. It is really strange.
                                                                        Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #273 on: May 11, 2016, 09:29:48 PM »

GM, nope i'm with you all the way, I worked in sound & got used to frequency beyond the normal ear, ..& when there is an earth tremor (like at Oakham a few years back) ..it can easily set my ear off with vibrations, the wife just accepts i'm right now having had it confirmed.

I was also a "break magnetic strips" guy, & mobile phones hot ear +++.

For folk to not acknowledge that we are of limited frequency ranges & to ignore other species clearly superior & honed abilities are not really as clever as they imagine themselves to be.

which is why its so perplexing that folk don't take "frequency" more seriously.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS
Leaf Owner (1st gen)
gravyminer

« Reply #274 on: May 12, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »

the wife just accepts i'm right now having had it confirmed.

Awesome Mr Gus  extrahappy  few can ever claim this ....

Your sensivity in regard to sound and possibly electro smog is not that unusual ( I know quite a few who struggle with this ) its just that its not repeatable enough for 'science' to accept and gets pushed into the weird stuff corner to be mocked by mainstream as delusional.

When the experience is totally real for you but not experienced by others around you, you earn to STFU after a while cos its not fun being ridiculed.
But now with the internet you will find many others who will be similarly blessed / cursed, some of whom are bright cookies and curious.
Don't expect any research funding though.

Clearly animals have different sensitivities to humans in some areas but there are humans who can pick up / connect to whatever frequencies are being utilised and ways to learn how to enhance our human receptors.

gravyminer
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »

We are getting there, She is still tired from her long journey. You can see it in her eyes in the pic above
                              Biff

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2016, 08:08:25 AM »

Dear Mam,
          I am stuck up here in Donegal with a loon who believes that getting up at 6am and walking me around the place is normal behaviour.
 I don,t know what to make of him but his wife is very nice. I would take the bus straight back home only they are a kind of racist and do not
 allow us dogs on public transport plus the fact that i have a very bad tummy bug which gave me cramps and a dose of the scour.
 I have been on a diet of minced chicken breast,rice and rice water, little portions that would not feed a gnat.I am allowed into the house and
 I sprawl flat out sleeping but i have my eyes on the rubbish bag in the kitchen and the tasty bits on the table. Yesterday at 6pm, I sat on my
 extreme best behaviour and watched him eat a large salad dinner.There were these incredibly succulent chicken breasts and I watched as he ate
 one and did not even offer me a slice, Then, after he ate a large bowl of fruit and yogurt, His slave Diese wanders over and collects a slice of chick.
 Just as I was about to give out, he proffered me a really nice bit. I don,t remember what happened to it, One minute it was sitting on my tongue.
 I went cross eyed in disbelief, then it disappeared. I checked the floor to see if I had dropped it but no,! and this guy Diese was sitting looking the
 other way, trying to make me believe that he is not interested in me. They do things differently up here. They have silly uncanine rules.
 I cannot get into the rubbish bag or get up on the seats, He don,t shout or throw things but he is up out of his chair and across the room before
 I can blink.He is certainly not normal. I would forgive the cross words,etc if I could get into the bag properly but he don,t say a word apart from
 "Here Girl, and makes me think of something else to do.
  It is not a bad place all told. I would head back to Galway but I think I will hang round here a while longer to my tummy settles. Diese is quite nice
 but a real big softee. Last night, I permitted him to give me a good night lick..Yeahhh,,he is Ok you know, He is not as dumb as I first thought.
  Things are looking up Mam, Give my regards to the rest of the brood,
Lots of Love, Your Daughter
                         Shep.

stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2016, 10:18:55 AM »

....playing whoopee, gee that's better,
mother father kindly disregard this letter. Grin

apologies to Allan Sherman.

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
Greenbeast

« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »

New navipet at GB-towers!

Picked up a Raven 5 weeks ago (@ 3 weeks old)
Hopefully he'll live in the region of 40-50 years and have a jolly life on the farm

Here he is at 3 weeks:

4 weeks:

7weeks:

gravyminer

« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »

Great letter home Biff
Hope her tummy settles soon.
We had to cut out meat entirely with our first Sheperd. She was a rescue that was living in a van in the corner of a field as her owner became homeless.
We'll just look after her for a couple of weeks while you sort yourself out .....

And Dale is a great name for a raven GB
I had to re check that pic of Dale at 4 weeks cos at first glance it looked like there was a ghostly cat apparition in the background  wackoold

gravyminer
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:28 PM »

You are right GM,
              There is indeed a beady eye looking in on junior Raven.Little Shep will have to wait a while longer before any more big long trips. She is doing pretty good but full of fun and divilment.
  I am going to try her on mackerel tomorrow evening, I was to have her all ready for the 19th of this month,to present her to someone very special. Shep is a genuine bundle of merriment with great attitude and very game. I know that she is giving a little bother at the moment but once we hit the right road, it will all be plain sailing.
 She never learned to go up and down stairs, so that was a joyous victory for her which she shared with me. She is young in the mind but anything but stupid. The first day she came into house, She listened to Diese drinking from a bowl in the kitchen. When he had finished and walked into the living room where we were, Shep got up,walked into the kitchen, Picket up his drinking bowl,carried it into the living room where we were and slung it across the room. So I thought that she wanted a drink as well..Out i went and filled it again, I put it down on the floor for her. But she just sat back and looked at me. There is no evidence yet of any destructive tendencies which normally accompanies this kind of personality. Her head is 100% and she stops to reason things out. I showed her how to come down the stairs,step by step and of course doing it on her own,she lost concentration half way and ended up in a pile at the bottom,,up she got,,righted herself, flew up to the top again and then came down, one by one. She has a few hills to climb but it will be worth it.
                                                          Biff

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #281 on: May 14, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »

Hi GG,
      The Raven is a Very special Bird. Lorenz studied them intently and wrote extensively about them,
 I think his language explanations are "in Solomon,s Ring". He studied raven families at his father,s castle and even had his own raven.
 So it will be worth while to dig out his books and have a read.
                                Biff

Greenbeast

« Reply #282 on: May 14, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »

Well ahead  of you biff! Read King Solomon's Ring, plus both of Bernd Heinrich's modern books on the raven. They are astounding creatures. Our  smartest native animal by far
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2016, 09:41:32 AM »

Hi GB,
     "Upon Aggression" is a good read as well and "Man Meets Dog" is a must.
  He was writing long before the DNA code was cracked and his conclusions on the origin of our canine friends was made to look foolish. Still he got the lingo near perfrect.
 The Russians kept him in Bed and breakfast for four years and his writing during that time were some of his best.
  "I have found the missing link between the higher ape and civilised man, " ,, " It is we".
  He was/is a giant.
                   Biff

Greenbeast

« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2016, 01:46:58 PM »

Yes I've been meaning to grab those too Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: