navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 113093 times)
Greenbeast

« Reply #435 on: October 30, 2017, 06:14:12 PM »

Oh Well done GB and Frank,
                    He looks the picture of our Diesel at 12 weeks, He will be a big kind hearted softee.
                                                     Biff

Yes that's what i'm hoping for, kinda want him to have the look and sound of a fierce dog, but be a softy really (like our rotti)
M

« Reply #436 on: November 07, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »

Had some bad (actually very, very good) news last week, that Scout had been successfully matched, and would be moving to his new home on Monday. So we made the best of the weekend, went for a play in the river, and it looked so much fun I went in too

That tired us out a bit, so Scout and I briefly rested our eyes (for an hour or so apparently)

Then yesterday arrived, Scout packed his bags, and got ready to go to work

I was doing OK till I had a clean up and stepped on 'honky pig', which gave out a noise that had been heard about 1,000 times per day up to then. [Edit - just to say, we didn't deprive him of his favourite toy, we packed a new one for him in his bag, as the original is getting a bit too close to becoming a three legged piggy.]

Still, he's been matched locally, so we've passed on our contact details and offered to board him if needed.

Good boy Scout, good boy.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:03:58 PM by M » Logged

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #437 on: November 07, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »

I take my hat off to you Mart, that's an amazing thing that you've done.  An emotional nightmare for those of us reading about it never mind you who actually did it.

Have an applaud, in fact better still, have a standing ovation!!!!!

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #438 on: November 07, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »

I would very much like to join the applause.  genuflect genuflect

Good on her Mart!

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #439 on: November 07, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »

Absolutely Mart,
        Very well done. genuflect
                                    Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
M

« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »

Just when you need a cuddle, the shopkeeper magically appears!

Got a call last night from a local guide dog owner asking if we could look after her dog for a couple of days whilst she's away with family. Apparently the dog is a 'right cuddler'.

So next Thurs/Friday sorted!

Sadly. Actually that's not true, it's not at all sad, but the gorgeous tom cat that befriended me at the cat shelter, and which I planned to nab once Scout left, was given a loving home the week before. And in all fairness to the adopter, they saw him first, but had been waiting on a home check. Lots of posted piccies and he looks like he's landed on his feet (as a cat should). Oh well, there is another ex-feral and slight bruiser who is now working hard on my emotions ...... must resist ...... but resistance is futile!

M

« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2017, 12:11:01 PM »

Finally got a dog. Though I have to say I was a little concerned about how it looks, but the lady at the Canine And Terrier Rescue Centre was very convincing, and said he was a rare Eurasian breed and will look more dog like when he grows up. I hope I haven't made another mistake like the time I bought a long nosed, long tailed, short legged African Terrier from the bloke down the pub wearing a zookeepers jacket.

OK, I admit it, he's the bruiser I mentioned in my last post. We're giving him a trial with the other boys, and if that goes well, we'll foster him and hopefully keep him. Photos are after only 30 mins of arriving, and he came to me for a fuss and a flip, so he's no fool.

But I haven't given up on a forever dog.

Philip R

« Reply #442 on: November 26, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »

I have looked at the attached photos.It does look a moggie not a doggy!

Philip R
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #443 on: November 26, 2017, 02:53:23 PM »

It,s hard to tell when it is lying down like that,
  The tails and the ears are all in the same place. onpatrol
                                         Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #444 on: November 26, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »

Yep he pulled a fast one on you there Mart, you've obviously been appointed as his "junior diddler" and you might be promoted soon to "lap in waiting".
has he let you feed him yet??

Desp

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
Tigger

« Reply #445 on: November 27, 2017, 08:27:43 AM »

Well done Mart, one of the best breeds of Dog you're ever likely to get. 

We have four of the same breed at home and you can be sure that with a lot of patience and some careful training they soon have you doing everything they need.

I hope he makes the grade and fits in, looks like he's at home already Smiley

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »

Well done Mart, one of the best breeds of Dog you're ever likely to get. 

We have four of the same breed at home and you can be sure that with a lot of patience and some careful training they soon have you doing everything they need.

I hope he makes the grade and fits in, looks like he's at home already Smiley

Thanks, and of course he's staying, was there ever any doubt!

His name is Harley, prompting my brother-in-law to suggest I'm having a mid life crisis as that's what I'm supposed to go and get at my age.

This morning he's decided to help with my trawling of RE news:

Friends dog staying for a few days in a week, lovely 7 month Lab, so hopefully all cats will have reached a mutual disregard for each by then.

Then we really must get on with finding our forever dog.

Tigger

« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »

Harley looks as smug as he deserves to be for catching himself a good carer.  Keep us all posted on progres.

As for the mid life Harley thing, buy a Triumph instead. Better made, better value for money and best of all its British  Smiley

Greenbeast

« Reply #448 on: December 02, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »

The boy is heading for 14 weeks old and 18+ kg already

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #449 on: December 02, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

I brought Diesel home in a Renault Trafic,
                                       He was not very happy at the start. Old Natily was very good to him and raised him like her own. He used to grab her by the neck and drag her across the floor. She had infinite patience with him and then when he was about 8 months old or so, He changed into being ultra respectful towards her. We never ever seen her do anything wrong on him,,bare her teeth or snap him but something certainly happened and what ever it was,,did the trick and he grew up to be one of the most gentle and considerate dogs that we ever had.
 We think that we can plan the future but it always turns out that we have to be happy with what we get and what we get if often not quite what we planned for. Not worse,,not better  not quite.
                                                                                    Biff

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: