navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 82289 times)
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #465 on: December 31, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »

What a sad picture to end the year on Paul.
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #466 on: January 01, 2018, 09:36:36 AM »

Well done Stan
Not easy to keep them calm. Great news that Mollie is recovering well.
I get my nose in the face wake up call every morning.
We have Breton friends over for the New Year and my mate has just had his hip done trotting around like a good 'en. No cage for him.
Your poor wee dog Paul, is she allowed out for brief periods?
6 months is a long sentence.
camillitech

« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2018, 09:51:34 AM »

Aye chaps, gonna have to do something, can't keep her locked up for that long, it's a sin.

Cheers, Paul

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #468 on: January 01, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »

Nice to know that Elliot still loves you Tod. Grin
This article describes a major advance in the treatment of shattered bones although I'm pretty sure that I saw the Supervet using it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-40366645
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #469 on: January 01, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »

Is it love Stan?
There is no peace till I get my bum into gear.

Do you chaps have pet insurance?

Seems to be everywhere now if so any thoughts?
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #470 on: January 02, 2018, 12:50:23 AM »

Aye Tod.
         I was with Cornhill Insurance for years.
  The staff were excellent. It was called Pet Plan back then.
                 Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Greenbeast

« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »

We have the bull dog and the raven insured. Because hhe bull dog will be prone to all sorts (and has already had surgery) and the Raven is outside my OH's technical scope. The rest my OH fixes or we just stump up the cash for big referral bills when they occur (probably 5-6k in the last 3 years).

With 10 dogs, 10 cats and the bird it would be a bit much to insure them all (given we have a vet in the house)
Greenbeast

« Reply #472 on: January 06, 2018, 07:00:26 PM »

Update on the boy, now over 26kg at just under 5 months old

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2018, 01:20:33 AM »

Hi GB,. 
       Diesel grew just like that.i was advised to cut back on the grub and the exercise until his bones hardened up. 2 of his siblings incurred big vetinary fees because their bones began to give serious trouble. It never bothered him even when he was weighing in @ 74kg+ but I did cut back on the car/van travel because I already found out that it was bad for the growing bones.
 Your guy looks exactly like Diesel who was a surprisingly graceful mover and full of beans. He will be 8 in March, the years just fly. I hope your lad does well. I find that if you can take them up , carefully into the 18 months area trouble free then you will be trouble free from then on. It is not quite as straight forward as we think.., Good luck.
         Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2018, 08:42:34 AM »

He is a handsome lad GB.
Does he still imagine that he is a small pup. Climbing onto your lap?
Greenbeast

« Reply #475 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:41 AM »

He does tend to creep along until his head and paws are on my leg like you see there.
As him and his mum are kennelled there's not really a lot of lap crawling in the house Smiley
M

« Reply #476 on: January 18, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »

Sadly. Actually that's not true, it's not at all sad, but the gorgeous tom cat that befriended me at the cat shelter, and which I planned to nab once Scout left, was given a loving home the week before. And in all fairness to the adopter, they saw him first, but had been waiting on a home check. Lots of posted piccies and he looks like he's landed on his feet (as a cat should). Oh well, there is another ex-feral and slight bruiser who is now working hard on my emotions ...... must resist ...... but resistance is futile!

The cat I mention above, fluffy ginger and white called OJ is now famous, as is my left arm!

Animal lover rescues more than 600 animals including dogs, rabbits and bearded dragons in just 10 months

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
M

« Reply #477 on: February 07, 2018, 05:28:29 PM »

Schrodinger's Dog?

Got a German Shepherd arriving tomorrow ...... ish!

Got a call from Guide Dogs asking if we could look after a dog (young male in training) for two long weekends (Thurs-Mon), so of course said yes yes yes. But I deliberately didn't ask what type it was. So, theoretically, it's a GSD until I open the front door and find out that it isn't ...... right?  wackoold

Nothing but rain forecast for tomorrow, but hopefully some sunny walks on Friday.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Greenbeast

« Reply #478 on: February 07, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »

6 months and still no ears....

Took the van seats out to accommodate him, will refit a LHD driver seat for the impending baby seat....

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #479 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:11 PM »

H,,,mmmmmm GB,
                    That looks like a Czech bloodline Shepherd, ?  I see Diesel a lot in your pup, In fact, I collected him in my Trafic and also took out the front seat for a while.
    We worry about Diesel. He is a fantastic mover like your dog will be but there are certain disadvantages in powerful deep chested dogs. When they are young and well kept with regular exercises ,they can keep their tummy muscles taunt and prevent their stomachs from flipping over, Oh It can still happen in a young dog but the likelyhood increases with age, The tummy muscles lose their tension with age and then it can happen. It is partially hereditary but also deep chested breeds are prone. Diesel,s chest was 42" 2 years ago and now that he is 8 years old in March we are watching him like a hawk. Cutting his nails is a major operation, We had a terrible time trying to find a nail cutter but we did fine one where you push the nail through a hole and a blade slides up and slices it off.
    His ears will stick like that, Years ago, I bought a Shepheard in Merseyside and one of his ears refused to straighten out before 6 months. I was advised to line them with cardboard and the dog was quite agreeable but it was a waste of time. He had the floppy tip to his ear for the rest of his life.
                                                              Biff

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: