navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 91115 times)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #525 on: May 06, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »

Are electric collars banned on children? wackoold Grin
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #526 on: May 06, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »

hysteria
 Good one Tod.
  Biff.

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Greenbeast

« Reply #527 on: May 06, 2018, 06:21:13 PM »

Are electric collars banned on children? wackoold Grin

Ha ha yes but not electric fences...  whistlie
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2018, 08:43:19 PM »

Our Kid Diesel and his gal Angel,
   The years fly by. He was 8 in March and I know that having a body like his puts terrible strain on the heart. So we reduced his weight down from 74kgs to 68kgs a couple of years ago. (he was never fat) I exercise him gently but he loves his grub. He is one of the most kindly souls on the planet but an excellent house and companion dog. Angel his soul mate. He is one lucky little dug.

She is looking guilty as sin there but I don,t recall anything out of kilter. Maybe she was in a hurry to look for the newts that hang round the right hand side of the roller door. She can sit ans stare at them,till she nearly falls over. They might be hypnotising her. wackoteapot
                                                  Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #529 on: May 07, 2018, 06:53:39 AM »

They are looking great Biff. Relaxed and happy. Wouldn't you love to know what they are thinking.
I'd love to shed 6 kilos!

M

« Reply #530 on: May 24, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »

Slight problem at the cat rescue site, with a gypsy invasion nearby, so all cats had to be removed very quick (worried about theft for dog fight training).

So we now have two extra feline's, a 20lb porker with a teddy bear face, and a 16lb chunkie with mangled ears (old injuries and cabbage ears treated a few years ago) which make him look angry. Last night was fun, I had to get Wifey out of bed as I was trying to get into their room with food and litter etc, whilst they were both trying to get out, and our three all wanted to get in.

Teddy Bear and Ears are both lovely friendly boys and hopefully get a forever home together next week.

Great news (and boo hoos  Cry ) for Richard the Guide dog. He's just back from a vet check, and has been cleared for placement, so he leaves us on Tuesday for his next big adventure.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #531 on: May 29, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »

Good luck with Teddy Bear and Ears, a bit of a worry having to move them all but understand why.....

Great news for Richard, I still have the utmost admiration for you doing it, way beyond my emotional threshold to go through all that.

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #532 on: May 29, 2018, 03:38:17 PM »

Good luck with Teddy Bear and Ears, a bit of a worry having to move them all but understand why.....

Great news for Richard, I still have the utmost admiration for you doing it, way beyond my emotional threshold to go through all that.

So ..... I assumed that there would be problems for months, but after the land owner had a chat with the visitors and suggested the use of a bulldozer or two, they've moved on. But Teddybear and Ears got a proper home on Thursday, so we are keeping them for now as they are just adorable.

Richard left at 12 noon for his new adventures. He's now with the GDO (guide dog owner) at a hotel in Cardiff for two weeks training together. Apparently she was extremely excited about getting him (they have met), and that's great to know. But there have been a few tears.

Good news, is that Guide Dogs may have matched us with a young retired guide dog, so we are waiting to see if that pans out. Also a new boarder may arrive in late June, we may also be used for a weight watchers program to get podgy dogs fitter and thinner (over two weeks), and we have Scout (our boarder last year) back in late June for a two week holiday. So lots of good news.

Last run this morning

Packed and ready to go

Tigger

« Reply #533 on: May 29, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »

Oh Gosh, I'm in bits just reading about it all.

I love the use of a bulldozer, or two.....

Great news for Teddy Bear and Ears.

I hope your young retiree works out and I love the idea of weight watchers.

Clearly you are an animal hero, good on ya !!!!

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #534 on: May 30, 2018, 06:54:12 AM »

Hats off Mart. Well done indeed.
Hope your young retiree goes well for you.
Like Tigger I don't know how you do it

I am available for adoption  and most definitely could use the weight watchers fortnight. Grin
M

« Reply #535 on: May 30, 2018, 07:26:38 AM »

Oh Gosh, I'm in bits just reading about it all.

I love the use of a bulldozer, or two.....

Great news for Teddy Bear and Ears.

I hope your young retiree works out and I love the idea of weight watchers.

Clearly you are an animal hero, good on ya !!!!

Teddy bear and Ears (Woodie and Freddie) both have FIV, so re-homing is a bit trickier as they shouldn't be allowed to roam free just in case they spread FIV to neighbouring cats, but tomorrow they go to a long term foster who has 5 other FIV's (I think). I'd keep em in a heartbeat if we didn't already have cats and cat flaps ..... not that Woodie could fit through the outer catflap.

Just waiting on Guide Dogs to hear officially about the re-homing, yesterday Richard's trainer was just feeling us out about her, so we shall see.

Tod, you are welcome anytime, be it weight watchers or just coffee and cake. Sometimes the GD's get a bit podgy if spoiled and also if they don't get much exercise, as this depends on the availability of someone to free run them, and of course that's not always possible depending on the circumstances of the GD owner. So all we'd have to do is stick strictly to the food weight we are given, and then enjoy the dog for two weeks with lots of walks.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but when we had a guide dog puppy, we were only supposed to free-run them 3 to 4 times a week, whereas most folk probably free-run their dog 14 times a week. Basically, you don't want a super fit dog that expects regular walks, in case the GDO isn't able.

Maybe we could tie a fat cat to a fat guide dog and let em burn of calories chasing each other? I might approach Dragon's Den, though I suspect the police and RSPCA would be there waiting to meet me.  Shocked

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #536 on: May 30, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »

Mart we have Penbury park near us, dog heaven. 11 miles of beach attached to woods. There are  pre 8am walkers (mostly folk that have left the first flush of youth behind) there are several circuits and often you find yourself falling into step with someone for a chat. The dogs lout about to their hearts content. Dogs are banned from a section of beach in Summer which means you have to exit a little further down. The dune of death wackoold imagine if you will a very steep 25m climb with soft almost liquid sand. One step up, half a step slid back.
Add to this 2 red setters 4 labradors, and a border collie, and 4 humans.
 The dogs charged to the top and then dashed back to 'help' . By the time we reached the top we were nearly wetting ourselves with laughing.

Fabulous walk and pretty flat great for day to day.

Would love to see you if you venture West.
M

« Reply #537 on: June 14, 2018, 08:10:48 AM »

Fabulous walk and pretty flat great for day to day.

Would love to see you if you venture West.

Sounds great. I haven't travelled much since 2000 due to back issues, but things are improving a bit lately and car journeys are getting easier.

But could you cope with someone with hands as big as mine, for instance here's a photo of me yesterday fussing three adult cats all at the same time.  Wink

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #538 on: June 14, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »

Bidding for cutest photo of the year Grin Grin Grin
M

« Reply #539 on: June 19, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »

Animal update.

Doggie news - Like buses, 3 guide dogs all came along at once, but we can only handle 2. So we have Scout back (he boarded with us last year) next Monday whilst his owner is on holiday for 2 weeks. And we have a new training dog boarding with us from week Thurs for 10+ weeks, so a fun crossover.

Puddy news - Wifey (reading Facebook) warned me in advance that the cat rescue centre had taken in a Maine Coon (in a right mess), knowing that I think the breed is great. So on Monday I arrived pre-warned, but I didn't expect a 'proper' Maine Coon - Wow, I didn't know whether to fuss it, feed it, or ride it around the block? He was a gorgeous (ly disgusting and smelly) big boy, and very friendly. See the story on the charity's facebook page, as the RSPCA are now involved.

ARC - Anna's Rescue Centre

Here's the pic from the site, check out those PAWS!

I've now got a before photo and feel half sad and half furious, poor fellah!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:12:32 PM by M » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: