navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 90986 times)
Greenbeast

« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2018, 08:00:06 AM »

Good work, we briefly had a maine coon last year as i love them but he didn't get on with many of our animals here and went missing  Sad
Tigger

« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2018, 08:56:27 AM »

Oh wow, what a spectacular transformation and so deserving of his name  Smiley

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2018, 10:53:36 AM »

I was hoping that Goliath would be back from the vets this morning as I do Wednesday mornings too, but sadly he didn't make it. Whilst under to have his mouth problems investigated, it turned out he was extremely ill, and so only one option was fair and kind at that point.

At least his last few days were spent being fussed by all of us, rather than on the streets, and it was amazing how we all took to him instantly.

A week of ups and downs.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2018, 10:59:28 AM »

Oh Mart, that is so sad, such a lovely looking big old boy too.

Indeed, he had a great time at the end and was loved and fussed as he deserved.

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #544 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »

So sorry to hear that Mart.  You did all that you could for him. He was loved at the end.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2018, 08:52:04 PM »

Very sorry to hear that Mart,
              Take heart in the fact that he finally met a true friend before setting off for the happy hunting ground. These brief but powerful encounters leave us sad but richer. He was lucky to have met you.
              Biff.

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
M

« Reply #546 on: December 06, 2018, 07:07:10 AM »

Doggie news. We started boarding a new guide dog trainee in the summer. He'd just arrived in Cardiff for advanced training. The first words from the trainer when she dropped him off were - "I've no idea how he got this far".

Absolute sweetheart, but finding training stressful and displaying anxiety, he panted for the first two days we had him, and I had to sleep in the kitchen with him on the first night as he was crying. Anyways, having won our hearts (and everyone he'd met beforehand too) and after another 10 'last chances' he was finally withdrawn.

We asked if we could have him, and GD's said yes.

So we finally have our forever dog, and Buster's* stress levels have dropped off now that he has a forever home and isn't being moved around anymore.

Also, now that he will no longer be a GD we can relax some of the rules which are there to avoid bad habits in case the GD owner doesn't want them to do certain things - such as going on the furniture or up the stairs, not that you can tell  ..............

We're giving him a few months to fully settle in, so won't be boarding full time any more GD's till Jan(ish), in case it undermines his confidence that this is his home. But we've had short stays (just a few days) with other dogs, and he's brilliant with them all, and seems to be a calming influence, even on our friends nutty retriever puppy who never settles and never stops barking - but she was a sweetheart here with Buster.

*He was originally Hobson from a 'H' litter with lots of H siblings, but became Buster at some point.

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #547 on: December 06, 2018, 09:23:47 AM »

Hobsons choice for Buster Mart.
     Good luck with your new dog. fingers crossed!
   Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Tigger

« Reply #548 on: December 06, 2018, 09:50:24 AM »

Great news Mart, he's obviously embracing the opportunity to explore those previously restrictive boundaries Smiley

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #549 on: December 06, 2018, 11:39:25 AM »

Great news Mart. One lucky dog. Good to see his bed training progressing well!  whistlie whistlie wackoteapot
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #550 on: December 06, 2018, 11:50:18 AM »

Well done Mart. Id like to see an upright pose.
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
M

« Reply #551 on: December 08, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »

Hobsons choice for Buster Mart.
     Good luck with your new dog. fingers crossed!
   Biff

We like the name so much, we got a new cat yesterday just to call Hobson!

Actually, not exactly true, I've had my eye on him for weeks at the cat rescue, and my Mon/Wed cleaning partner has been teasing me to take him home, but we were planning on two kittens next, as we haven't had any for 20yrs as a multitude of cats have 'found us'. But I finally gave in.

His name is Cello, but it doesn't suit him as he's more of a double bass, I've been calling him BeBe (Big Boy) as he's big, fat, and has a large round face. But then I realised I keep calling the dog Bigboy, so that's no good, and Hobson will become Hobbsie, but that'll confuse everyone as Hobbes (my avatar) passed a few years back. So we are looking for suggestions, and are thinking Xmas ideas, a great one suggested by Wifey's Facebook friends was Claus, but he's such a gentle giant that seems unfair (but did make me think Ben form the childrens TV show Gentle Ben).

Currently 'Puddin' is topping the charts.

Pic to follow, but don't want to disturb him as he's settled on one side of Wifey on the bed, whilst Buster is settled on the other ...... things could get 'interesting' fast!

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #552 on: December 08, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »

The battle for bed space is always tricky. Trying to maintain your own place is hard.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: