navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 117206 times)
Tigger

« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2019, 08:14:55 AM »

Mart,

>>That's the clean version

I'm not sure that being in a cage with four queens is actually that much better  Grin

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2019, 12:41:35 PM »

Mart,

>>That's the clean version

I'm not sure that being in a cage with four queens is actually that much better  Grin

Don't knock it till you've tried it.   whistlie

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
M

« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »

May have  cage photo and vids to follow, but for now, here's a ginger Siamese, never heard of that before. Don't know if it's a breed, or a 'mishap'. Lovely cat, came in yesterday, so I only saw it today, and all it wanted was fuss. Very noisy, and neighbour promises to forward a video.

and Buster's new best friend who we keep bumping into this week. He's 45kg of 'Bully' which is apparently a name for an American Bulldog / American Staffie cross, as oppossed to what I think of as a bullie, which is the gorgeous long nosed English Bull Terrier. This guy is an absolute sweetie, but one look sends some park visitors running for home. He came from America, so ears were already done, owner doesn't agree with it.

Anyways, here's the 'Devil Dog' Sunnie.

Tigger

« Reply #573 on: January 30, 2019, 08:15:57 PM »

So you have the combination of the attitude of a Siamese cat coupled with the attitude of a ginger cat, wow I bet that makes for some fun Smiley

I can imagine a 45kg 'Bully' really does make some people leg it.....

Keep up the good work Mart.

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #574 on: January 31, 2019, 06:21:36 AM »

That is one solid dog surrender
Love it Mart. One special cat I've never seen one like that. Looks fabulous.
Great work.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
M

« Reply #575 on: January 31, 2019, 08:23:49 AM »

Video of me fussing the ginger Siamese won't copy, but I'm sure my Alpha Geek (Wifey) will be able to fix it later.

I was down there this morning putting up shelves, and he never shut up. Fussing him only made it worse. he needs a home, ideally with someone with less than perfect hearing.

Silly pic of me playing with the five ferals yesterday. They are getting much better, mum is hiding by my shins, but the braver two snuggled up against me, or more likely, were getting as far away from my hands as possible.

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #576 on: January 31, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »

No way Mart freeze
     I am but a humble canine lover.
    Cats. Errr no I like other people's cats but neither Mrs Biff nor myself are tuned into the felines.
         Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Ricc

« Reply #577 on: February 04, 2019, 10:36:22 AM »

Hi could be an Abyssinian....

cheers

Richard

May have  cage photo and vids to follow, but for now, here's a ginger Siamese, never heard of that before. Don't know if it's a breed, or a 'mishap'. Lovely cat, came in yesterday, so I only saw it today, and all it wanted was fuss. Very noisy, and neighbour promises to forward a video.

and Buster's new best friend who we keep bumping into this week. He's 45kg of 'Bully' which is apparently a name for an American Bulldog / American Staffie cross, as oppossed to what I think of as a bullie, which is the gorgeous long nosed English Bull Terrier. This guy is an absolute sweetie, but one look sends some park visitors running for home. He came from America, so ears were already done, owner doesn't agree with it.

Anyways, here's the 'Devil Dog' Sunnie.

linesrg

« Reply #578 on: February 04, 2019, 04:37:20 PM »

Ricc,

Looks Abyssinian like to me, my favourite breed although I prefer the Blue........... but would have expected more tabby like markings to the body?

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
M

« Reply #579 on: February 04, 2019, 05:19:24 PM »

Ohhhhhh, yes, I can see that. I've Googled 'em' and whilst images vary, some do look like her.

Good news, she got adopted yesterday, and I was there, just a co-incidence as I was loading up my tools and ladders etc etc.. The lady taking her has others and thought she was great. She was surprised that we could just scoop her up and cuddle her ....... but that's how we greet all visitors ...... boom boom.

Cat vid still fighting back, and alpha geek now at A&E having sprained her elbow (yep, turns out that's a thing) having tripped over all the wood and tools I dumped in the garage when the weather said no no to any more porch roof building end of last week. She says it wasn't my fault, so we all know who's fault it really was ......... mine!  surrender

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2019, 06:15:13 AM »

Sounds painful, hope all is well.

M

« Reply #581 on: February 05, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »

Sounds painful, hope all is well.

Good news, elbow isn't sprained. Bad news, the radial head is fractured ...... and we all know who's fault it is, don't we!

Great news with Casper, he lets his guard down about once a week, and last night not only did he come out of his hidey hole for food, with me in the room, but he butted my hand, and when I lent forward, he butted my head several times and stood in front of me whilst he ate.

This morning he doesn't want to come out, which seems to be his routine, he lets his guard down, then gets over protective for a few days, as it seems to scare him. Very, very slow progress, but strongly suspect he's a lap cat, he just doesn't know it yet.

Tigger

« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »

Great news about the head butting Mart, Casper's definitely thinking about possibly considering perhaps allowing you to be part of his family  Smiley

Not so good news about the fracture but at least you know your place in life  hysteria

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »

facepalm Oh Mart sounds like a spell in the dog house! .
Good news with Casper, our Trexie has been stuck in tickle my head, where is my fish, you are now dismissed, stage for about 14 years. She will sit on the arm of my chair in case she needs something urgently but on the lap about twice a year. Walking my supine body in bed is considered acceptable. Good luck looking forward to the next chapter.

M

« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2019, 07:08:11 AM »

Surprise progress. He came out three times for us yesterday, so a massive improvement on his previous policy of shutting down for a few days after 'risking' contact.

Also he is meowing more, and when we go in, he meows at us before running into his nest, whereas before we'd just get a hiss.

There's an awful lot going on in that little brain of his, he's definitely torn between fuss and hiding. This morning when I went in, he was curled up outside the nest (he then ran in), but that's a positive feeling safe to sleep outside.

Anyways, quick breakfast, then off to muck out the cats, then back to help my mate Bob move the battening from garage floor to porch roof ..... a bit late for Wifey, but if she will play in areas where there's 'man-work' to be done! [God I hope she doesn't read this.  fight ]

Funny problem for Wifey, because she's hurt her left arm, she can't take Buster for a walk, as he's left side trained like all Guide dogs. And Buster being Buster, he just gets upset when we do odd things to him. Apparently that's a Retriever trait too, as they like routine. One of the trainers told us how if there is two routes say to the shops for a GDO (guide dog owner), a Lab will try to vary how they get there for a change, whilst a Retriever will prefer to stick to one route. Buster's 3/4 Ret + 1/4 Lab, so presumably he only takes a different route every 4th trip .......!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: