navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 117232 times)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #585 on: February 06, 2019, 04:22:45 PM »

I do hope your wife can vacuum right handed Mart!!! fight  Can't believe I wrote that surrender

Mrs T does not read this, it is hard to do anything with two broken legs, she does not take prisoners.

Interesting about the route preferences.

Good news about the cat progress.

Hope Mrs Mart mends quickly

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
M

« Reply #586 on: February 08, 2019, 07:41:32 AM »

I do hope your wife can vacuum right handed Mart!!! fight  Can't believe I wrote that surrender

She's doing pretty good. I had to drive her into work on Monday (pre X-ray) to get laptop etc, so she could work from home - but I didn't mind!

She's also perfected walking the dog with the lead across her, so quite versatile. But she is taking longer to cook meals, and I have to open all the jars, but again, I don't mind all the extra work, too much.

She even had time to sort out the cat vid for me, so here's a vid, with non-stop noise and rambling, just won't shut up, and the cat is loud too:

Noisy Cat

and a pic of me and Casper chilling out. He's getting much better, and quicker than expected:

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #587 on: February 08, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »

Thanks for the vid Mart, definitely lots of rambling but wow what a voice that cat has.  That's made my Friday Smiley

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #588 on: February 08, 2019, 02:29:14 PM »

Mart don't go overdoing it. You could destroy your wife's self confidence, and give yourself repetitive strain disorder!

Great video.

I hope that it is a bit less windy and wet where you are.

How do you post a you tube link,
just tried and it didn't want to know ?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:42:18 AM by todthedog » Logged

M

« Reply #589 on: February 15, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »

Casper (the timid rescue cat) has come on leaps and bounds. He's still nervous, but we've been getting lots of fuss (when he's brave) and has recently started meowing and even scratching at the bedroom door looking for more interaction.

This is great timing, as a lovely older couple came to see him last weekend as they were willing to take on a shy and timid cat. They thought he was great, and we're taking him to their house tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get on with their 'garage' cat, that comes in occasionally, and will have a great life. He absolutely loves being fussed, he's just scared to let his guard down, so almost 100% certain that he'll be a super affectionate lapcat going forward.

Also good timing that he's going now, as Wifey and I are close to the point of not wanting to see him go .... ever ....

Tigger

« Reply #590 on: February 15, 2019, 10:10:56 AM »

More great news mart, thank you for the update.  Indeed good that he's going to a good home and good that it's before it's difficult for you and Mrs Mart.

Please keep us updated on how he gets on.

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2019, 04:24:48 PM »

Great news Mart. Keep posting and let us know how you and the 'Martlets are doing'

On a much sadder note driving home found a terribly injured young cat by the side of the road, took him down the vets who dropped everything to put him to sleep. Really don't understand the mentality of someone who could leave a mutilated animal alive and just drive off.

M

« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2019, 05:03:17 PM »

Thanks guys, and yes timing wise also lucky as we are really bonding with him now. Good on you Tod, you can't save em all, but you can help a few, and nobody wants to let an animal suffer.

JACKPOT!   Wifey and I were fussing Casper this afternoon, and also giving him some bits of cooked chicken to see if that will help us catch him tomorrow for his trip (if he's in scaredy cat mode) ..... the chicken works, really works.

Anyway, whilst we were fussing him and he was strolling between us looking for more fuss, I went from kneeling to sort of 'side-saddle', with my bum/hip on the floor. And Casper explored my leg a few times with some pawing, then climbed onto my leg and settled down. Job done!

If he's going to a person and asking for fuss and attention, then I can't really ask for anything more. I think we have a lapcat. So long as the new owners are patient, and they certainly seem so, choosing to take on a timid cat, and keep him in for a few months till they are certain he's bonded, then I no longer fear that he'll bolt at the first opportunity.

Whatever created his anxiety of humans, he seems to have mostly gotten over it, and is willing to give us (the royal us) another chance.

One down, quite a few more to go!

Tigger

« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2019, 08:16:27 AM »

Wow, a major milestone achieved there Mart, your patience has paid off  Smiley

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #594 on: February 18, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »

Awww. I dun no Mart.
            We have a couple of charming puddy cats hanging around our green store and we would gladly give them tee yee. They are covered in bumps and gashes with scars from the tips of their ears to the tips of their tails. They have charming bald patches where their fur refuses to grow back. They are all action babies. A purely local breed not available anywhere elsee in the world. More aggressive than even our Robins . One of them has a bit of Robin in him for sure.
You are welcome to bring your own cage and trap one. Then get in there and charm it but only on condition that you bring your own surgical team and ventilator.
Some are very huggy and grab their fellow feline in their famous all action cat hug to pedal away like the divil with their back legs and tickle their opponents tummies. That one is called Fatal Attraction.
I have to be honest though..I am not too keen on them. I prefer the ones that bark and wag their tails
          Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
M

« Reply #595 on: February 18, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »

Awww. I dun no Mart.
            We have a couple of charming puddy cats hanging around our green store and we would gladly give them tee yee. They are covered in bumps and gashes with scars from the tips of their ears to the tips of their tails. They have charming bald patches where their fur refuses to grow back. They are all action babies. A purely local breed not available anywhere elsee in the world. More aggressive than even our Robins . One of them has a bit of Robin in him for sure.
You are welcome to bring your own cage and trap one. Then get in there and charm it but only on condition that you bring your own surgical team and ventilator.
Some are very huggy and grab their fellow feline in their famous all action cat hug to pedal away like the divil with their back legs and tickle their opponents tummies. That one is called Fatal Attraction.
I have to be honest though..I am not too keen on them. I prefer the ones that bark and wag their tails
          Biff

"pedal away like the devil" - I know exactly what you mean, last Wednesday my cleaning buddy and I got a call asking if we could take three of the black ferals to the vet. With hindsight, I should have scruffed them, but I don't like scaring them too much, and we really rushed to make some appointment times that had come free at the last minute. So I gave a little fuss, gently pinned them down, then did the 'proper' cat hold of 4 fingers under each front leg, and thumbs on the shoulder blades - perfect, and no problem till they spotted the cat box, then Bruce Lee style, up came the back legs for a bit of friendly pedaling. I didn't think much of it, just a few 'love taps' off each cat, perhaps half a dozen scratches to the front and back of my right hand, but the vet phoned Anna (of ARC) and said I should go to A&E. Good job she hasn't seen me when I really get it wrong!

Soooooooooo Casper has gone to his new home. Wifey and I dropped him over, and we got to watch him slink out of the cat carrier and into the cat tower thingy, that's his safe place. He took some bits of chicken, and purred, so no big setback. Fingers crossed he'll keep getting better and become the lapcat we all know he really his. Odd fact, but I was fussing him Saturday, and he was laid out in front of me, and I was giving him a really rough 'scrunchy' fuss, digging my fingers in like kneading bread (which he likes) and I realised he has no scruff. The best I could get was about 1/2 inch pinched between my finger tips, or some flesh further down but below his shoulders, which is just baggy/stretchy cat skin, not their scruff. Bit weird, but for a medium sized cat, he does have a very thick neck, and the vet who neutered him last year did say he had the biggest 'peaches' he'd ever seen!  No wonder he didn't trust us.

Little git really got under our skin though, thought I'd toughened up with all the guide dog boarders coming and going, but really missing that silly little cat.

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #596 on: March 15, 2019, 10:24:00 AM »

One cat her servant, and faithful collie

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbfZbhUdyy2nhYRLbf1Mn1g

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #597 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:25 AM »

Lovely video Tod.
           That is one lucky cat.
       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #598 on: April 22, 2019, 05:46:30 PM »

Canix dog and partner racing on Penbury Sands today.
There have been proper races in the woods all weekend.
This is end of term fun 200+ competitors.
The noise of excited barking was incredible.
Mrs T on camera, neither of us have a clue on editing wackoold

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbfZbhUdyy2nhYRLbf1Mn1g
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:00:06 PM by todthedog » Logged

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #599 on: April 22, 2019, 08:49:00 PM »

Looks like great gas Tod.
   There will be some stiff muscles after that.
  I feel sore already. Getting towed along like that in soft sand would leave both man and Dog unable to  get put of bed for a week.
           Bifg

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: