navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 107573 times)
M

« Reply #600 on: April 28, 2019, 01:42:07 PM »

So many animals, so little time.

So we have a new Guide Dog's trainee boarding with us called Vesper.

Here's a pic about 1min after Vesper and our boy Buster met. Buster impersonating a windswept blonde model, whilst vesper pretends he's a security/attack dog:

Then Vesper needed to meet the rest of the family. One of these things is not like the other ones:

After Casper was re-homed, we took in Bear, formerly Gummy, then Gummy-Bear, an ex-feral who was handed in as his owner/feeder had become infirm. He was too scared at the rescue, so after a month I took pity on him. He was renamed due to his strength, and the fact "Gummy" seemed somewhat misinformative after about the 10th hole he put in me, but after a week of being terrified (him too) love blossomed.

And lastly a new boy at the rescue. Friendly feral that people had been feeding. He came in on Sunday evening, and was cuddling with me after just ten mins of meeting on Monday morning. He's been named Ser Gregor:

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #601 on: April 29, 2019, 09:20:10 AM »

Hi Mart,

Some lovely photos and stories there, I love the 'Windswept Blonde Model' Smiley

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #602 on: May 04, 2019, 07:20:44 AM »

It's time for the Professionals.

Haven't had kittens since 1998, we just keep picking up waifs and strays, so wanting two at the same time, meant waiting for our clowder's numbers to drop to one, especially since I think more than three cats is the tipping point into insanity. So we've had a standing order in with Anna at the rescue for two ginger tom's, since Xmas.

Well, since then the waiting list for kittens has grown to 40+, then the last month dropped to zero as kits started popping out in all directions. But still no ginga's. But we've had our fingers crossed for a small ginger and white girl that came in a while back, was 'slightly' fat, and had a really bad attitude to any cat that came even close to her pen, suggesting maternal instincts perhaps? Fat, turned to pregnant (I'm not sure that that's how it works scientifically!) and yesterday morning she popped, and the foster'er confirmed three kits, two of which were ginger Toms.

So say hello to Bodie and Doyle (and their tortie sister Renee), who hopefully will be boosting the redhead numbers here to four (if Vesper is still in training) in eight weeks time.

And, another Queen that Anna herself was fostering also popped, producing two tortie's/calico's and a male ginger and white ....... so a bit like buses, and a possible candidate for 'Cowley', but I think two will do ..... for now.

Tigger

« Reply #603 on: May 07, 2019, 07:59:53 AM »

Great news Mart, they're going to be lots of fun.

>>I think more than three cats is the tipping point into insanity

We currently have four, I think I might just agree with you........

30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #604 on: May 07, 2019, 09:03:18 AM »

Our furniture bears the scars of many years of cats wackoold

Going to be fun
M

« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »

Quick update on the kits. Nothing special, no importance, just some blatant cuteness as we borrowed Bodie & Doyle for a couple of hours yesterday to bring back and meet the dog, as apparently weaning age (6-8 weeks) is when they are most accepting of change.

It all went well, and they should be be with us permanently in a fortnight when they reach the grand old age of 8 weeks.

This is Doyle showing off his Kung Fu moves:

Then we have Bodie sizing up Buster:

And Buster quite sad when they both climbed back into the cat box for a nap:

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2019, 08:47:08 PM »

Good luck Mart  Grin
Tigger

« Reply #607 on: June 17, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »

Oh wow Mart, those pics remind me of just how much fun kittens are, especially so during the early 'fearless' stage of curiosity.  I hope Buster understands that the kittens are now in charge  Grin

biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #608 on: June 17, 2019, 10:41:15 PM »

The gal herself taking full advantage of my shed seat. Eating , sleeping and growing like a weed.
                                Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
M

« Reply #609 on: June 29, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »

We have a broken dog!

Didn't even know they could do a 180d?

todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #610 on: July 01, 2019, 06:10:11 AM »

Amazing how they can go from this to full attention in a nano second at the slightest sound involving food or walking!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: