navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navipets!  (Read 158361 times)
Nickel2

Sunny North-East Hampshire

« Reply #810 on: January 09, 2021, 08:09:21 AM »

Very high 'Aaahhh' value there, and a little coy look in the second pic.
Obviously no col 'lab' oration went on there   Grin

1.140kW mono south-facing at 49*
EpEver 4210A at 24v
New (Old) 8S7P LiFe battery, 105Ah @ 26.4V
EpEver STI1000-24-230 pure sine inverter
Of course it'll work. (It hasn't caught fire yet).
Nissan micra Spirita   (Short range)
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #811 on: January 09, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »

I had a look through the window this morning when collecting the 3 collies that I walk. The pups were alone but in 2 wrestling pairs, with weak biting and foot in opponents mouth, training for the real thing.

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #812 on: January 10, 2021, 10:50:52 AM »

Sleepy this morning and already chewing the pen.

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #813 on: January 10, 2021, 11:51:42 AM »

Amazing how BC pups are snub nosed at that age.
I find pups endlessly fascinating condensed fun and naughtiness.
Keep the pictures coming Grin

Kidwelly South Wales
Tigger

« Reply #814 on: January 12, 2021, 12:35:29 PM »

Wonderful pics there Stann, thanks for sharing, a bundle of trouble no doubt Smiley

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #815 on: January 19, 2021, 01:54:47 PM »

Silly vid from today, so thought I might post it. It all happens in the first few seconds (the rest is just my balding head). This cat hides in a nest, and pops its head out, but won't quite let me touch it. Then as it retreats further into the nest, it hisses and growls as my hand intrudes. But today it was brave enough to come out slightly, and then to 'defend' its pen from my cleaning attack, which I think is progress. Can't call this one yet, but I don't think it's aggressive, just scared and confused, and the hits whilst breaking the skin, are only pinpricks, no serious attempt to hurt me (yet), but I thought it was fun to show how fast these little uggers are, just a blur:

Dropbox link

Taking me on to more important matters. The mom of the young lad who now has Vesper as a Buddy Dog, has been keeping us up to date on all his adventures, and now has an Instagram page, which shows what he gets up to. The photos are not only lovely for us to see, but are also incredible in their own right, with great views.

Instagram link

We do miss Vesper, but he's definitely got a better life now that suits his personality more, with young friends to keep him busy.

Buster still misses Vesper, but he has an Ikea mini-Vesper to keep him company now

And for no good reason, a pic to show we have toooo many cats

And a close up of the oldest and newest rescues, with 2.9 ears between them (Mr Tibbs had his left ear docked as part of the 'catch neuter release' programme (before he became our latest foster fail) and Flash had an ear removed last year due to sun damage / skin cancer, the curse of white eared (and nosed) cats):

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
Tigger

« Reply #816 on: January 21, 2021, 11:21:31 AM »

Love the video Mart, you're right about the cat paw blur, it always amazes us when we watch ours do that.  How do they move a paw so fast?

The link to Vespar's buddy is so nice to see, clearly that works for both of them

As for having too many cats, is that possible?  We have four at the moment, there are times when you can't move for cats and there are times when they all disappear  Smiley

SN15 (Wiltshire) 30 tubes, south facing gable wall (Navitron Fornax Trial System).  Hunter Herald 8, integrated boiler hooked up with Oil Boiler via H2 control panel.  Scrounging fire wood wherever possible Smiley
M

« Reply #817 on: January 21, 2021, 12:05:48 PM »

Love the video Mart, you're right about the cat paw blur, it always amazes us when we watch ours do that.  How do they move a paw so fast?

The link to Vespar's buddy is so nice to see, clearly that works for both of them

As for having too many cats, is that possible?  We have four at the moment, there are times when you can't move for cats and there are times when they all disappear  Smiley

Cheers, and a quick update today. Yesterday he went to be neutered, and on return Anna decided to pop him in a crate, a little higher, and with an open nest. So today I though he might be less defensive as he no longer has a 'cat cave' to defend. I offered the knuckle, and straight away he came forward sniffed my finger but kept coming and head rubbed my hand. luckily Anna had arrived so got to see this, and I spent a good 5-10 mins just scrunching his head as he pushed into my hand. He offered his belly (well maybe he did, not sure) but when I poked it tentatively he swiped me and gave me a fake bite (just a hit with the teeth), then went back to head rubbing, so I think he's a friendly boy, just struggling with being in a cattery and letting his guard down.

Great news, a lovely older lady saw a video of him, and then me being swiped and wants him. Anna offered some more friendly cats, but she said she'd already clocked the small white line under his chin 'so don't try to pass off a friendly black cat instead'. I suspect with a knowing owner like that, willing to love him, but be patient too, that'll he'll be a great and loyal pet.

This may sound weird, but Covid has worked well for us with Vesper, as he's ended up reasonably close to us, and the fabulous lady has asked us to pop up with Buster for a play date as she's seen the vids of them playing together, especially the 'bitey face' sessions.  We would be tempted, but thankfully Covid stops us having to decide - our concern is not to cause any confusion for Vesper. Normally you shouldn't see them for 3-4 months, but that's also the normal boarding length, so Vesper being with us for 18 months may need more time ...... we really have no idea, so are thankful that the decision has been taken out of our hands.

I suspect that Vesper is actually well settled, and clearly loves and adores his new family.

Just call me Mart.     Cardiff: 5.58kWp PV - (3.58kWp SE3500 + 2kWp SE2200 WNW)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #818 on: January 21, 2021, 12:58:41 PM »

Thanks for the update Mart, good news all-round.  Grin

Kidwelly South Wales
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 [55]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: