navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video embed  (Read 3119 times)
martin

« on: May 01, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »

Got rather fed up with all the faffing to embed a video, so have applied a "mod" which should make it really simple - as far as I can make out (not yet fully tested), no need for "tags", just dump the short link into the body of your post - even works for vimeo!

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »

test

Volunteer moderator
ianh64
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »

#fail
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »

test, simple.

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
ianh64
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »

#fail

If I'm expecting to see videos, then, certainly on iOS Safari, they are not there. I assume by the blank posts, there is an expectation to see something.
Stig

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »

#fail

If I'm expecting to see videos, then, certainly on iOS Safari, they are not there. I assume by the blank posts, there is an expectation to see something.

Works for me (Firefox on PC)
desperate

Backache stuff!!

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 01:36:31 PM »

Nice one Ted, it reminded me somewhat of this:-

Desp

Edit.............fail!!

www.jandhbuilders.co.uk

still a crazy old duffer!
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

It looks like a simple URL link gets morphed into this:

Code:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="385" data="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=26645132&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;video_info=1">
<param name="quality" value="best">
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true">
<param name="scale" value="showAll">
<param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=26645132&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;video_info=1">
</object>

so probably not going to work on any iOS (or restricted Linux) products as-is. I know Vimeo didn't support HLS (used by Safari/iOS) in the past but I'm not sure of the current status.

Volunteer moderator
martin

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 02:08:34 PM »

OK, have applied a tweak to it that should allow any Yoube vide to be embedded - as for the Apple thing I'll have to investigate further!

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
gravelld

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »

It's because iOS doesn't have a Flash runtime isn't it?
martin

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »

That's "interesting" - I returned to an earlier post in which I'd embedded several Youtube clips the hard way, to which I'd also appended a text link for those on tablets/phones/peculiar means of viewing the net - there are now 2 copies of each video! facepalm

kristen

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 06:50:50 AM »

Can anything be done, easily, to allow YouTube links?

personally I don't have any need for them to be embedded, just a bare URL would do me - I always click on those anyway to see the video "bigger" in a separate window - its jstu a bit of a pain that they get "swallowed"

All the above (presumably embedded?) examples are not working for me, so looks like the issue is retrospective as well.
Scruff

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 03:30:59 PM »

We have the technology.

Ain't bein' implemented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: