navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment Delays  (Read 3776 times)
Ivan

« on: August 07, 2014, 04:18:39 PM »

SSE have never yet paid my FITs on time. The original contracts - which they have signed, state that they will pay within 35days of receiving the readings. However, for the last 18months or more, they've taken 2-3months to make payment. When I chased them last week, I pointed out that they're failing to honour their own contract. It was then pointed out that Ofgem have decreed that they can take up to 65days to make payment - which is why they now delay making payment. Once again, I get the impression that Ofgem is the source of the unfairness towards consumers, rather than applying their powers as regulator.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
GavinA

Solar installer

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »

breach of contract is breach of contract regardless of what Ofgem's minimum guidelines state.

at home | 80 tubes, 2 tanks direct PV powered SWH + Navitron supplied PV 5 x Yingli 185Wp solar panels
Mostie

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:17:49 PM »

Been waiting on mine since beginning of July, SSE need a rocket up their @rse  Angry

2x Solis PV = 1.875 kW, Mitsubishi inverter heat pump. Yorkshire Boiler Stove.
Jober

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »

We are with SSE and they do seem to be taking their time. We should complain and threathen to leave them.

Sharp 235NU x 17 = 3.99kWp, SB4000TL, Littlehampton, Lat - 50.8069, South
Mike McMillan

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:03:24 AM »

I have just received a statement from them and they haven't paid me since the 30th December, they just show a credit of 950!

Mike McMillan

Osborne Bay

Off grid; 4KWH install charging Rolls 24v 1000 A.H. batteries with 3 Tristar controllers. 3KW Victron Inverter with FIT meter on output. Relay driver automatically opens circuits as battery charges. 6 x 15 experimental solar collectors feeding 250 L. tank.  Angus wood gasification boiler.
regen

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:10:13 AM »

Similar problem here. I rang them to ask why the last payment had not come through and was given the stock answer of its not 65 days yet! So i then asked why I ad not recieved the payment before that and was told they had not recieved my reading.

I demanded to speak to a manager, who, to be fair did ring back witin about 10 minutes, and my payment(both) were in my account within 3 days.

Is it just incompetance or deliberately withholding our cash?

Regen

Moved my electricty account to Good energy maybe te FIT will have to follow!

3.92w freestanding PV with sb3300 +Imersun
21kw Stratford T70 woodburner
 300litre thermalstore with 3kw and 1kw immersions
 Wall star 25kw oil boiler
  Spring water supply with uv and ro membrane
 Sheep, poly tunnel and approx 80 sq m of raised veg beds.
dan_b

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »

British Gas messed up my last payment as well, although I got it eventually (2months late) after managing to speak to an actual human being.

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 09:54:43 AM »

I have no complaints.
                 I am up to date, angel
                                         Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Justme

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 10:30:30 AM »

Moved my electricty account to Good energy maybe te FIT will have to follow!

We have our FIT with Good Energy.

We only read meter once per year.

Each year they have been getting better at paying sooner.

This year was 6 weeks (42 days) from reading to money in the bank.

Navitron solar thermal system
30 x 58mm panel 259L TS
1200watts solar 120vdc
FX80 Solar controller
Victron 12v 3000w 120a
6kva genny
6 x 2v cells 1550amp/h 5C
24 x 2v cells 700amp/h 5C
Total bank 4350 amp/h 5C
martin

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »

EDF have been consistently brilliant - submit reading, confirmation of BACS overnight or 2-3 days!

Unpaid volunteer administrator and moderator (not employed by Navitron) - Views expressed are my own - curmudgeonly babyboomer! - http://www.farmco.co.uk
noah

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »

from my recent good energy advisory:
meter read 19 September payment due 25 November
meter read 19 December payment due  26 Feb
looks like the max 65 days being taken.
Standard practice is always to hold onto your cash: even with low interest rates its still asource of free income.
Quakered

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »

Another vote for the Frogs! We went with our energy supplier (EDF) when we installed our PV at the very start of the FiT scheme in Feb 2010. They were having all sorts of problems setting up the service but they were always contractible on the 'phone and always friendly and helpful. They rapidly sorted themselves out and are now paying FiTs within a few working days of my submitting the reading (2-4) despite the contract allowing them 65 days.

If I were stuck with SSE I think I would not pay my gas and electricity bills as I am sure there is not a Court in the land that would not see the justice of offsetting your bills against the larger debt they owe you.

Patrick

No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: