navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scottish Power Freephone FIT number with callback  (Read 2008 times)
9fingers

« on: August 10, 2014, 11:20:53 AM »

I've been with Scottish power for over 3 years now and no problems until now.
My meter reading was due on 30th June but when I tried to enter the figures on the FIT input webform, it was not accepted - no reason given.

I guessed that this was because the reading was about 100 higher than the equivalent last years reading ( good sun levels and neighbours tree removed easing a shading problem) . So I decided to take a photo of the meter reading & serial number and mail it to them.
The payment did not turn up in the customary 21 days and prompting emails were sent, auto acknowledged but ignored. So eventually last week I rang them.
 Using 0800 001 5156 (office hours 08.00-16.45)  they tell you the queue length and give an option for them to ring you back with out loss of queue placing.

It turns out that my photo was received and acted upon  but the 'block' on my fit account was not lifted and so the payment was not made.

I enquired as to the reason for the block and they confirmed it was the high reading and shot themselves in the foot by saying well the weather has been good lately!! why not up your trigger thresholds then I was tempted to ask....

The worst of it seems to be that I now have to wait for another 3-4 weeks automated payment cycle (aka deliberate delay to improve cash flow!) before I get the payment. I did ask what their reaction might be to a import customer if they delayed their payments by 4 weeks but got no useful reaction.

I think a stiff letter will be going in once I have the payment in the bank.

Good news is that the freephone number works well and you do get a human willing to investigate problems.

Bad News is the solutions are not always as palatable!

Bob
paul149

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »

I would not expect a reading 'out' of sync with last years by only 100 units to ring alarm bells. Funny old unpredictable  thing that weather stuff!

Paul m.

3.5 kWp (14 x Sanyo H250E01 + SB3000TL) 225' (SW) at 35' Pitch Lat 51.30' (Bristol) Installed cost 2.63/Wp (Nov 2011) now with solarimmersion and 250L unvented dhw (Almost Zero gas input for DHW from Apr to mid Sep)
9fingers

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »

I would not expect a reading 'out' of sync with last years by only 100 units to ring alarm bells. Funny old unpredictable  thing that weather stuff!

Paul m.

In fact I've just check the generation totals for that quarter over the last 3 years and surprised myself

30/6/12   929
30/6/13   978
30/6/14   996

I can only think that they have a hard threshold based on kWp rather than use a max delta on the previous readings

The changes reflect  a neighbour letting me take down 1 of their trees in autumn 2012 followed by another one dying and being taken out by them around April this year.
I don't think there is much more I can do to boost the output.

Bob
NoahsDad

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »

Thanks for the post, I am also with Scottish Power and useful to know what kind of cr*p might come up. No problems so far with online FIT submissions and payments, but only had PV for about 10 months.
9fingers

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »

Scottish power have been very good for me until this time.

They have made a few changes over the period. Initially they took reading by phone or email. About a year ago they started up a web form for readings which seems OK apart from the browser not being allowed to remember your fit number so you need that to hand each time you login.

The other change is the need for an annual declaration that the system has not been changed (but no option to put in things like reducing shading)
I think this latter change is a regulatory requirement and most providers possible ask for it.

We had our first meter reader call after 2 years out of the blue and not since. Each time the import meter readers call i ask them if they want to see the generation meter and just get blank looks and a "no thanks". I guess meter reading is not an exciting job and possibly does not attract the sharpest knives from the drawer!

Bob
NoahsDad

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »

When I get the snail mail letter confirming my FIT payment, it gives me the date from when I can then submit an online reading for the next payment. Would be good to see it a bit more moderanised and have an e-mail reminder when a payment is due. I am afterall on a paperless a/c for gas/elec supply but it seems to be seen as a seperate thing altogether.
9fingers

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »

I slightly ignored the reading due dates to start with and so slipped my readings so that one went in on 31st March to align with the tariff changes and then quarterly thereafter.  As long as you stick to their 80 day minimum between readings it seems OK. Never got a comment from SP and now it is easy to remember when to send in the next one.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: