navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic RHI - Latest OFGEM Guidance  (Read 7956 times)
Ted
Global Moderator

« on: August 15, 2014, 11:32:31 AM »

Just published by OFGEM - https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/87126/referencedocumentaugust2014webv1.2.pdf

Volunteer moderator
Ivan

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »

I chased ofgem today as they've failed to respond in their designated time frame to my domestic RHI application. This is for our old house, which is currently rented out to tenants. It seems that they don't include the complete procedure online - you need to send additional information that you can only do after you chase them up to respond to your online application. The additional information they require is the land registry documentation for the property - of course, if you don't have this, you'll end up having to pay the Land Reigstry to send you a copy. All quite unnecessary and potentially costly both to the consumer and to the taxpayer.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
billt

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »

It's hardly going to break the bank - 3 per copy if you apply online, and as the owner it is perfectly reasonable to expect you to have a copy.

An unnecessary aggravation, I agree.
9fingers

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »

My application is also stuck however my property is not showing up on the land registry.

I have a large pack of deeds but nothing from the land registry in there. we purchased freehold in 1982 and we own outright

Online search does not throw up any entries either.

Where now?? Any ideas please.
TIA
Bob
billt

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »

Sounds as if it isn't registered, so the Land Registry wouldn't have any documents. Land registration only became compulsory outside the SE in 1990.

1 - Throw it back at them. There are still a fair number of properties that aren't registered and they should have a procedure for dealing with them. If they want proof of ownership, send them copies of the conveyance to you and the conveyance to the previous owner.

2. Register it. It's easy to do yourself, will take a couple of months and cost 2-300 LR fees. Could be worth doing if you ever sell, as solicitors these days seem to be incapable of coping with unregistered property.

Why do they want LR documents anyway? Proof of ownership?

9fingers

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply Billt.

I can only assume they want proof of ownership so why not ask for that in the first place? They seem to be changing the rules as they go along

I have since located an email address for RHI enquiries and used it to chase my application and stated that the property is not registered and asked the way ahead.

To be honest, I'm reluctant to register the property as I have no intention of selling the property and so the costs will be yet another charge (after green deal assessment costs) to set against the RHI total.

Just got a confirmation of my email enquiry - they aim to respond in 5-10 working days!  -Ah! the immediacy of electronic communications eh?

Bob
DonL

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »

I applied for the RHI for my ASHP which was installed before the scheme started a week or two ago by filling in the forms on the internet and to my amazement received confirmation I'd registered successfully and given the amount and date of payments I will receive virtually by return.
I have to (reluctantly!) accept it was quick and efficient (and probably automatic). So if you answer the questions right and give the right codes for all the documents it can be easy.
Don

Schuco solar hot water - 3300kWh/annum, 16 BP 4175N PV panels - 2.8kWp, log burner and back boiler and 18 Ying Li 235 PV panels - 4.2kWp, 42kW ground mount PV, 9kW Panasonic ASHP
9fingers

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 10:07:02 PM »

I'm pleased to hear it worked for you Don.
I'm applying for ST
My application seemed smooth and I had all the docs in front of me etc.
There was something about ownership which I answered truthfully as jointly owned which might have been seen as a problem?

I'll wait to hear back from them.

Bob
dullnote

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »

Hi been a while since I was on here, applied for RHI last week, filled in the forms on line asking for SPF of 3.6 for my ASHP, the following day received a e-mail asking for the cal, which the installer gave me, sent these through on friday last week, got confirmation pay is through giving me amount and start date of Jan 2015.

Happy Puppy, quick and painless

Dullnote
9fingers

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »

Hi been a while since I was on here, applied for RHI last week, filled in the forms on line asking for SPF of 3.6 for my ASHP, the following day received a e-mail asking for the cal, which the installer gave me, sent these through on friday last week, got confirmation pay is through giving me amount and start date of Jan 2015.

Happy Puppy, quick and painless

Dullnote

Out of interest did any of your documentation provide Ofgem with proof of ownership of your house?

Based on a non statisitcal sized sample we have two heat pump applications sailing through and two ST ones floundering?

Bob
dullnote

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »

Nothing about proof of ownership, just name and address, as it is my main residance ( sounds grand My only residance ) assume they check against something to confirm.

dullnote
9fingers

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »

Nothing about proof of ownership, just name and address, as it is my main residance ( sounds grand My only residance ) assume they check against something to confirm.

dullnote

Thanks,
My application also just had name and address plus all the green deal carp. So far is still stalled waiting for their official response to the hold up.

Bob
Ivan

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

For one of my RHI applications I was asked to provide a copy of the Land Registry document, whereas for another I was not. Not sure why they apply this requirement only sometimes (and does it matter anyway? I'm sure you're allowed to do an RHI on someone else's house with their permission.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
chasfromnorfolk

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:01 AM »

Don't recall supplying Land Reg info and got smoothly through to the surprisingly instantaneous approval stage without much of a hitch.

Chas
9fingers

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »

I cracked today and rang Ofgem  (Tel: 0300 003 0744 (Mon to Fri 8am to 7pm)) and was pleasantly surprised that after a single level options menu, I was connected to someone on the ball who accessed my application instantly and requested two traditional identity documents eg Driving licence and Bank statement for the destination account.

I've emailed this in and wait to see what happened.
In true civil servant tradition, he would not be drawn on whether everything else was OK but I'm hopeful.

Incidentally, email they claimed to have sent have not arrived and not in my spam folders either. So I would certainly suggest phone contact as the best approach.

Bob
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: