navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little TLC for my forklift gems,  (Read 4050 times)
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »

Hi Paul,
        Well these yokes are supposed to be called Hydrometers, Hydro for water and meter for measure=Hydrometer. They become hydrometers when you can be sure they work. I am being sent out 2 of these yokes and I am told they are fairly reliable @ 4 euros each wackoold. Now I know you are going to saY that I may as well take them and fire them over the hedge. I have been advised to stay away from anything with colored balls, I once heard a barrack room joke about colored balls,It was neither racist nor renewable but totally unfit for forum consumption.But i live in hope.
  Meanwhile you would have a pretty good idea of what my bank is like.I get the impression that the readings will be off the scale at both ends because I am working with different types of batts,,of different compositions,of different AH,s. hysteria and this miracle has been going on for over 6 years.
 Maybe I would be better off sending the yokes back and continue believing :genuflecting . Fill em up with good old rain or distilled and live happily ever after, This science is getting me down. However, now that I am trying to pass myself off as a moderator,I have to show a scientific interest and tie myself in knots for the good of the cause.
                                                                                       Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
DaveSnafu

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

I was picturing a carved wooden jobby that sits on the shoulders, like you would need for carrying two 25l containers of water needed to top 60 cells up. Wink

Proven wt2500,24v batteries,running house,navitron solar thermal integrated tank, 10 x 210w eclipse italia pv, wbs,
knighty

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »

problem with a dehumidifier is that the condenser is metal, and the condensed water coming out can pick up free ions from that

(or that's what I've been told anyway)

if it is any good... I could save 20litres/day coming out of the freezers at work...
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 06:22:53 PM »

You got it first time Dave,
                     That carved wooden jobby is indeed my kind of science.
        Thanks for the offer Knighty,
                                   But I am a little far away  garden
                                           Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: