navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email acknowledgement from Scottish Power  (Read 1722 times)
JR

« on: October 17, 2014, 04:38:46 PM »

I rang Scottish Power today (thanks 9fingers for the free phone number) as I usually receive an acknowledgement via email.  The lady explained they have had some technical problems with the emails but not the readings via their webpage.  She confirmed my reading.  I also mentioned my next reading falls awkwardly and I would like to get it away from the beginning of April because the rate goes up.  She said there has to be 90 days within each reading and if there isnt, it wont register and suggested I dont give a reading in April but leave it until July as the April one isnt a huge payment and said that some customers give their reading once a year and have a yearly payment!  I would prefer to have the money sitting in my pocket than in Scottish Power's pocket though.  I shall have to look at the days and count them out and see where it takes me to.
RIT

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 05:48:20 PM »

Thats an odd thing for them to say as I'm guessing that most people have moved their payment dates so that they provide a reading at the end of March/ begining of April as that means they are not hit by any average calculation used to pay out a period that crosses the increase date.

As for their phone number, they have been publishing an 0800 number for a while (0800 001 5156), which is nice unless you use a mobile phone for making calls  Angry

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
JohnS

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:46:09 PM »

I am with mower.  They require a reading between 1 and 25th in June September and December and between 1 ant 31st in March.  Dont't know where the 90 day business Scottish Power are quotin comes from.

Npower generally pay within 10 days of when I submit a reading.  Can't'to say fairer than that .

John

2.1kWp solar PV
RIT

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »

I am with mower.  They require a reading between 1 and 25th in June September and December and between 1 ant 31st in March.  Dont't know where the 90 day business Scottish Power are quotin comes from.

Npower generally pay within 10 days of when I submit a reading.  Can't'to say fairer than that .

John

Scottish Power does not accept readings within 90 days of the last reading, this is the way that they inforce no more than 4 readings a year, they do not have any other rules that restrict which day or month you can report a reading.

They are also ok with payments, I provided a reading on 1st and received payment on the 13th. Their payment letter was sent on the 9th, so I'm guessing that the weekend added a day or 2 to the payment time.

2.4kW PV system, output can be seen at  - https://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=49083

Why bother? - well, there is no planet B
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: