navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A foul wind a blowin  (Read 283737 times)
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #1665 on: December 08, 2018, 06:45:44 AM »

Pretty nasty few hours but second division stuff compared to your experience. I expect there will be considerable flooding this morning. Keep your head down.
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #1666 on: December 08, 2018, 09:05:01 AM »

The dawn has revealed, a calm,warm day,
                                           Freda was on the doorstep to greet Angel and I, Our Turbine was resting after the excesses of the past 24 hours. There is not a breeze out there and it is indeed warm.
It is just as if nothing happened. There is not a stick out of place,,that I can see but we have not been out and about yet. Some of the winds that came through here last night were ferocious and when I opened our front door last night to take Angel for last walks, the wind threw me back into the hall, Angel leaped down the steps just before the gust hit me, so she heard it coming. After that we did not dally and we both scuttled back in the door as quickly as possible. It was good to see Freda and feed her on the cill. She must be exhausted after the storm.
                              Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
todthedog
Global Moderator

« Reply #1667 on: December 08, 2018, 09:35:21 AM »

Still pretty ropey we battled against the wind up the beach, very soft sand this morning, then turned to be blown back down and to add to the joy someone turned the taps on. Seemed a long way. Disagreable not dangerous,.

The birds are going through seeds and fat balls at a rate of knots.

stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #1668 on: December 08, 2018, 09:48:54 AM »

The birds are going through seeds and fat balls at a rate of knots.

Same here Tod. They must think weíre made of money. Iíve rationed them to 2 fatballs per day but as much peanut as they want. The peanuts are a bit small and quite often a bird will furkle a whole nut through the mesh to carry it off, especially the nuthatches. Nearly all visitors are tits this year, no finches.
Yes, it was wild walking the collies on the ridge, hard to think. Then it was like a lamb in the valley.
Stan

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #1669 on: December 08, 2018, 11:16:23 AM »

The calm did not last long,
                         Suddenly the place went dark and the skies opened. More fireman,s hoses and strong gales from the west. Our Turbine did not get much rest after all but the rate and amps are just a nice steady flow, yet set to get stronger by midday. It has to be bad down south. The red is concentrated heavily around Billi,s neck of the woods in Cork. It is going to be very rough in Wales this evening. Some yellow going ashore but no red. It has been a while since we had a decent 3 day blow.
                                                                   Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #1670 on: December 08, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »

By Gum,
         It is still blowing hard.Plenty of hot water. But no telly. I think the disc has been damaged but will look at it tomorrow. No panic. TV on the laptop is fine.
                                               Biff

camillitech

« Reply #1671 on: December 13, 2018, 08:34:39 AM »

Methinks there is scabby weather on the way, 8:30 and it's barely light here.

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #1672 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »

That looks terrible, freeze
                      We have a nice gale going, Plenty of hot water  tankfully Grin  but nothing like that sky ,,,,thankfully.
               Good luck, Keep safe,
                                              Biff.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:18:22 AM by biff » Logged

camillitech

« Reply #1673 on: December 13, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »

Aye Biff, looks like Mordor hey, barely got light here yesterday.

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
linesrg

« Reply #1674 on: December 13, 2018, 11:09:11 AM »

Good Afternoon All,

It's dark here over in Hammerfest..............

Regards

Richard

1.28kW on a Lorentz ETATRACK1000 + 1.44kW/ SB3000TL-21 (FIT), 1.28kW/ SB1700 (ROO/FIT). CTC GSi12 heat pump/Ecosol/Flowbox 8010e/Gledhill ASL0085 EHS/3off Navitron 4720AL Solar ET & Immersun T1060/T1070/T1090. 3.375kW/ SMA SB3600TL-21 and a Sunny Island 4.4M-12 c/w 15.2kWh battery and a Renault Zoe.
camillitech

« Reply #1675 on: December 13, 2018, 11:20:54 AM »

Good Afternoon All,

It's dark here over in Hammerfest..............

Regards

Richard

While you're there Richard could you ask what the Norweigians call the darkest day. I think it is well before the shortest day in early/mid December sometime. I believe they have a name for it.

Cheers, Paul

stannn
Global Moderator

« Reply #1676 on: December 13, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »

Paul, itís Kannasifekall, a week before Tharsbedder.
Stan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:55:16 AM by stannn » Logged

2.45 kWp PV (Navitron supply), 40 evacuated tubes (Navitron supply), Clearview 650 log burner with back-boiler heating cottage and water, 2 off 50W border collies, 1 off 35W cat, 1 off 25W cat.
camillitech

« Reply #1677 on: December 13, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »

Paul, itís Kannasifekall, a week before Tharsbedder.
Stan

Cheers Stan,  genuflect rushes off to Google Tharsbedder  Smiley

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #1678 on: December 13, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »

E says Tharsbedder,
               E was right, I am feeling bedder already,, facepalm
                      Biff

biff
Global Moderator

« Reply #1679 on: December 13, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »

The shed o dreams clanks and groans in the wind,
                                         It was chill, the rollers still clattered even when lowered in a crush. I left the side door open for Freda and a few minutes later she flew in and landed on the rear of the forklift. Later, Angel tracks her flight round inside the roof then proceeded to follow her low flights to the rear of the shed where Freda would disappear. She don,t like Angel staring at her while she eats her cheese but Angel may not be the brightest spark,,still, she is learning all about Freda,s distracting methods and knows that she will return to feed on the rear of the forklift. We left her in there. I know that she can easily find her way out through a fly window that i leave open for her. There is a horrible sky up there, no red ruffles but a solid sheet of grey running up from the sea to an ominous black sky.,
   A warm house , Hot chocolate , My comfy armchair and the world sails by outside. Hurry up spring, help
                                          Biff

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: