navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Renewable Energy Installation (Training Course/Qualifications)  (Read 22415 times)
clockmanFR

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »

Okay PT,
"what do you mean by embedded materials?"

I will give 2 examples here.

Underground GSHP, uses the natural ground at about 1m depth, and has about 500 meters of coiled water pipe that circulates around these underground pipes at a constant temp, is then cleverly transferred to a higher temperature to heat radiators or more Wet Under floor Heating pipes in the house concrete screed. Then there's the water tanks, and all the gubbings that runs everything, and off course the circulation pump where I have seen a 3kW electric pump constantly circulating water and using 3kW's per hour.  facepalm All that stuff is embedded materials/energy.

What do we do here in our House's, ? well firstly get the House to passive house standards with serious design alterations and serious amount of Insulation.
We use electric under floor heating, in a storage heater way, that is embedded in the floor just under the tiles, that runs either on cheap 'o' tariff from EDF or from our own supply, but as we get insulated to the ninth degree, so our energy requirements get less and less.
All our Gites are getting the Passive House treatment so energy for heating is minimal. So our embedded materials/energy are very, very minimal, yea, yea, it puts plumbers and builders at odds with us, but then.......  tumble

Hot water.... We do not have central heating here, as you can gather it is not required, so we heat out water from our energy sources, Our hot water is from a direct pressure tank system which is the French normal way, so yet again minimal embedded materials/energy.

Think, Plan and keep things simple.

A very big thank you to the Chinky folk who ignored all the West's patent rights and manufactured in vast amounts and brought down the cost of PV, so that us normal folk can stuff it up anywhere.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:20:25 PM by clockmanFR » Logged

Everything is possible, just give me TIME.
clockmanFR

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 09:00:55 PM »

PT you asked what I was doing.

Well if you get over here pronto, I am installing this AC coupling stuff.

This lot will run from 2.5kW of PV on a static mount, and at present its charging the batteries, 400ah, on an independent 24v off grid system for her indoors greenhouse and my machine shed, as in the Picture.
 These 24v controls have to be removed and the Red SMA Sunny Boy Grid tied Inverter installed and this will be connected up to our new MINI GRID that the new Sunny island is creating, stay with me PT, stay with me.

But the Sunny Island also needs installing.

However we have to tell this Sunny Boy Inverter that it is to go into off grid mode by sending it some instructions by BLUETOOTH fingy, so I have this laptop and a dongle......hmm

Paul, he is a chap in the wilds of Scotland, has at last managed to talk to his sunny boy in a data transfer mode that works, as yelling at it, "Computer b.loody turn on" doesn't always work.  Grin

Any way this installation is cutting edge, although most of the Sunny boy's inverters are Second hand, and other stuff sourced at keen prices, but good gear, good gear.

Also the PV trackers need new rubber condoms for the actuator rams, the present ones are far to tight, so we can fit some sloppy ones.

Plenty to do, plenty to do.

bike  bike

* PB081017a.jpg (154.28 KB, 983x737 - viewed 2749 times.)

* PB081018a.jpg (150.02 KB, 737x983 - viewed 2600 times.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:15:51 PM by clockmanFR » Logged

Everything is possible, just give me TIME.
titan

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 12:06:21 PM »

Underground GSHP, uses the natural ground at about 1m depth, and has about 500 meters of coiled water pipe that circulates around these underground pipes at a constant temp, is then cleverly transferred to a higher temperature to heat radiators or more Wet Under floor Heating pipes in the house concrete screed. Then there's the water tanks, and all the gubbings that runs everything, and off course the circulation pump where I have seen a 3kW electric pump constantly circulating water and using 3kW's per hour.  facepalm All that stuff is embedded materials/energy.

A GSHP extracts heat from the ground, the loop is not a constant temperature, it decrease as the heat is extracted. The ground and UFH loops use standard boiler circ pumps ( 50 - 200 W ), do you mean the compressor using 3kW ?.  No extra tanks are required. It is  a simple system with a ground loop, heat pump and heating loop. It is very efficient, for each kW to run it you get 3-4 kW out, what is there not to like. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: