navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: second hand equipment for commercial RHI  (Read 2886 times)
Ivan

« on: November 21, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »

Someone posted a link stating that you can use refurbished equipement to claim commercial RHI as long as the boiler hasn't been used to claim RHI previously. For some reason I can't find the post - can anyone remind me where I can find it (or was I dreaming?!)

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Ted
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:27:20 AM »

Possibly there was some confusion with the FiTs regulations that cover these requirements.

Under the non-domestic RHI the legislation is explicit:

12(1)(b) - the plant was new at the time of installation;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/2860/regulation/12/made

I don't think that this has been amended subsequently. There is some allowance for registering a CHP system that was previously only producing electricity and is changed to produce heat as well but not for anything else AFAIK.

Volunteer moderator
bxman

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:20:53 AM »

Unlikely But               Is it possible you could have been dreaming of this

Re: Second hand wind turbine

Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:44 AM

Have thought of going down the coop route but the paperwork and red tape seems extreme. Looking at your accounts it looks like your getting approx 25p /kwh so I presume you had no problem getting fits on a second hand turbine.

We did virtually everything apart from the legals ourselves - if you own the land already then you would save yourself the biggest headache we had - the lease.

Yes, about 25p when you take into account the payments we get from Good Energy for the PPA, the REGO and LECS etc.

Getting the FiTs wasn't exactly simple - nothing involving Ofgem is - but the turbine had operated in Sweden before being refurbished and a certificate from the installer to Ofgem declaring it hadn't already claimed Fits was enough to qualify us.
Ivan

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 11:36:25 AM »

Thanks both.

Yes, I think I'd got it muddled up with the wind turbine post - which is probably why I couldn't find it. Shame really. I don't see any compelling argument that equipment should be new, as long as the equipment meets the appropriate eligibility standards, but I guess it's all about making sure early adopters weren't rewarded when the scheme started.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: