navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone tried adding a reflector?  (Read 35181 times)
Bill H

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 09:24:33 PM »

C'mon Ivan  -  lets have a few of these new devices as freebies at the party !

If not - I'd even buy one  Tongue

regards

Bill
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:25:01 AM by Bill H » Logged

The only safe place for a fusion reactor is 93 million miles away.
NickW

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 09:35:16 PM »

Pikey whistlie

Bloody cheek Wink

If I recall correctly you live between the twin pikey capitals of PeterPikeyborough and Wisbech norfolk

Ask Questions, look for evidence, think for yourself

Gold is the currency of Kings, Silver the Currency of Gentlemen. Barter is the Currency of Peasants, whilst DEBT is the currency of SLAVES
ajstoneservices
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 04:28:35 AM »

The new Cottenham is under way too Angry all nicely laid out in plots new roadways/water in and of course the local authority doing nothing about it Angry sh*tfan
MR GUS

Officially "Awesome" because Frotter said so!

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 10:03:10 AM »

person-fight!  Grin
 Cottenham IS bad for pikey's & the damage they have caused over recent years, (killing my families livestock & worse)

..Surely Wisbech & the surrounding area is now little pedeyborough-come-poland.

When I visit there, I despair for the future of the english language, ..on one hand theres english speakers WHO I cannot understand due to their convaluted "Landon" speak which honestly comes out as a undefinable garble ..I have to guess initially that they're english, strain to hear cave-vowels.

Then you have foriegn language partially dependant on the local accent to bring on their english! (shakes head in despair) ...It's a right merry go round!  banghead banghead banghead

Little enclave cottenham is trying to spread it's wings here too! ..I can only suggest that you ring up the council & threaten a mass action on their Cambridge based backsides!
 The local CCC states that provisions have to be made for around an additional 39 pitches in the coming year or so.
Someone PLEASE counter that by asking about that additional pitches have been made & enlarged illegally at cottenham by forms of intimidation & spineless councils! ..why then do we need MORE that will do what they want anyhow! ..costing more to gloss over than to solve!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:09:59 AM by MR GUS » Logged

Austroflamm stove & lot's of Lowe alpine fleeces, A "finger" of Solar Sad
Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
NickW

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »

I do not live in Cottenham but a guy who works for me does and says the gypsie issue is totally overblown.

I thought SCDC had spent hundreds of thousands in the high court trying to enforce enforcement orders / injunctions etc. Unfortunately bleedin hearts and all that Human Rights stuff has swung it in the travelling folks favour.

As for the Poles they are fine. I have a polish lodger - an engineer who is as good as gold

Gold is the currency of Kings, Silver the Currency of Gentlemen. Barter is the Currency of Peasants, whilst DEBT is the currency of SLAVES
MR GUS

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »

yes poles work hard & are nice people!

Thanks to whoever minus'd me (if it was for the gypsy comment OR for thinking I was out & out prejudiced against all & sundry)

You try having serious security issues with your property & theft with them traipsing all over your land! ..despite actually helping them out on several occasions our family still had barns, livestock & business burnt out by them. so in all honesty go to hell if you believe me to be prejudiced, the suffering endured by those animals if perpetrated by anyone else would have had them dragged through courts by their hair!

A very emotive & issue when you see charred animals dead, & others dying over a period of months!

I hope whoever marked me down reads this & gets off their high horse!

Noli Timere Messorem
Screw FITS ..it is, & always has been about the environment (said the penny-pinching Scotsman)
MR GUS

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »

PS, anyone care to mark me down to -100 for a few minutes button pressing gets a prize.
 cheers! Cheesy

Noli Timere Messorem
CeeBee

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »

PS, anyone care to mark me down to -100 for a few minutes button pressing gets a prize.
 cheers!

The forum only lets you award points to anyone once an hour. So that would take just over 4 days! They would deserve a prize! And don't worry about the points - the 'wily one' seems to give negative points to people as signs of approval, and I reckon I got my -ve ones for correctly telling someone what a kWh etc. was!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:31:59 PM by CeeBee » Logged

NickW

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »

yes poles work hard & are nice people!

Thanks to whoever minus'd me (if it was for the gypsy comment OR for thinking I was out & out prejudiced against all & sundry)

You try having serious security issues with your property & theft with them traipsing all over your land! ..despite actually helping them out on several occasions our family still had barns, livestock & business burnt out by them. so in all honesty go to hell if you believe me to be prejudiced, the suffering endured by those animals if perpetrated by anyone else would have had them dragged through courts by their hair!

A very emotive & issue when you see charred animals dead, & others dying over a period of months!

I hope whoever marked me down reads this & gets off their high horse!

Alright Gus - Calm down surrender. Im no fan of travelling folk either having spent most of my life in Cambridge and Norfolk. I know what most of them are really like and not the PC / fantasy world of rokka radio and other right on do gooder propaganda outfits.

As for Cottenham I was just relaying what a colleague who lives there said.

From what you say about your experiences you have my sympathies Smiley

MR GUS

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 09:07:40 PM »

No worries nick, it was a general piece with no-one getting vollied.

But when the Cottenham situation means loss of life, property, pets, livestock, screws their business and forces people out of the home & countryside they love it's pretty serious in my books.

Like I mentioned, when they asked for help they were generally assisted so to do something as despicable as what occurred is not only "doorstep-crappin"  but demonstrates general attitude at face value.

I can't ignore actions like that, nor can I forgive or be won over by phrases like "in the past" ,.. "a small minority"
 that's their lot! (the Cottenham lot)

The suffering & the stench was awful.

Noli Timere Messorem
wyleu
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »

the 'wily one' seems to give negative points to people as signs of approval

The first problem is getting people to use the karma system, the second problem is getting the data to mean anything.

Bill H

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »

Ha - how about a Karma trading system - kinda like carbon ...

To start things off -

What am I bid for a vicarious Smite  Smiley

Bill

The only safe place for a fusion reactor is 93 million miles away.
wyleu
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

Ha nothing at all..
NickW

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 07:55:31 PM »

Back to my 'pikey' solar concentrator. Today the tubes must of boiled over - water at 96 degrees!

Colin_A

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »

Hi All
I`m new to the forum and to solar in general (thanks Ivan for sorting out the registration prob btw).
I couldn`t find an introductions thread so i decided to post a hello here.
In a nutshell, i`m a mad scientist type and Nick`s solar kettle experiment is right up my street Grin
I would like to do something similar once i learn a bit more about evacuated tubes.

All the best
Colin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: