navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any one with Lithium Ion batteries on Sunny Islands that work ?  (Read 6051 times)
camillitech

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »

.... What puzzles me , is the small  PV ,   in relation to the rest of the costs /gear  wackoold  facepalm

Hawaii -lots of sun (but hot)?

Maybe he's got a small roof  Wink

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
strie

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »

Thanks for all the input. These batteries do look impressive, and the project is somewhat absurd... Like I said, not my idea I just have to make it work.the utility and the authorities are cracking down out here. My company is looking for solutions... I get to be the one to make it happen, or well, take the blame I reckon.

Like most Americans my German is horrible, but I will look into the settings, I hope I can get some good info. Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted win or lose.
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »

Hi again

You should  first of all read the Post  in this thread from Rogeriko and Knighty  here  
And supply more Info about house consumption PV orientation , PV gain  per day / month year (is it about 1400 kWh/KW PV ? per year)

Those batteries are intended to be cycled down to close to nil
Charging through the Grid during the day  while PV is charging with the Sunny boy , could be a  mismatching configuration  and somehow stupid  ,
or do you disallow the SI to charge during the day , while sun is out and noone at home .

A more efficient MPPT chargecontroller would have been the better match here and far more efficient  and cheaper ! Instead of the Sunny Boy 

The customers come home around 4:30 p.m. and turn on the air-conditioning and start the laundry, I set the The Sunny island to allow grid power to answer the load demand at about 7 Kw. I also set the grid charge start to charge the batteries when the Soh drops to 75% and stop at 90%

I read the German Thread  , but  i guess Paul was more  or less kidding , or ??

Billi

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:23:19 PM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
camillitech

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »

I read the German Thread  , but  i guess Paul was more  or less kidding , or ??

Billi

I've no idea, I can't read German either and don't have a Sunny Iceland  Grin

'Off grid' since 1985,  Proven 2.5kW, Proven 6kW direct heating, SI6.OH, 800ah Rolls, 4.75kW PV ,4xTS45, Lister HR2 12kW, , Powerspout pelton, Stream Engine turgo, 60 x Navitron toobs and a 1500lt store. Outback VFX3048 and 950ah forklifts for backup,
billi
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »

...  I have a Sunny Ireland   Grin

Not sure , if the Nissan leaf Lixxx battery  thread  with Sunny Island  and Sunny boys   on that German  PV forum (in english)  would be more interesting..... whistlie  to read more native Germans like me , speaking English  whistlie

http://www.photovoltaikforum.com/speichersysteme-offgrid-f108/nissan-leaf-battery-in-an-sunny-island-setup--t102414.html

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:57:02 PM by billi » Logged

1.6 kw and 2.4 kw   PV array  , Outback MX 60 and FM80 charge controller  ,24 volt 1600 AH Battery ,6 Kw Victron inverter charger, 1.1 kw high head hydro turbine as a back up generator , 5 kw woodburner, 36 solar tubes with 360 l water tank, 1.6 kw  windturbine
camillitech

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »

It seems a really interesting forum Billi, wish I had a grasp of German, the 'Google translate' kinda works until it gets technical. Wish my 'Island was Sunny' right now, I'll get precious little sun on my panels until next year  Cry

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: