navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address. Following continuous spam/hack attempts on the forum, "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windy boy GTI fault  (Read 2780 times)
jotec

« on: January 12, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »

As some of you know I run a CHP system at has a lister som driving wind turbine generating DC and feeding a sma windy boy inverter. It has run fine (the GTI, lister has given problems!) for over 4 years. Today I have a fault.

The control panel is showing in input voltage of 207ishV  DC but a meter on the input shows a normal 440V. The LEDs are normal, all come on then the green one flashes while waiting for sufficient voltage to start output but it does not start output.  A serial connection is to the PC shows everything normal except the voltage which is showing the 207ishV.

Any ideas, could it be the varistors?  It has no error codes showing.  I have isolated it till tomorrow to let any residual voltage to disipate. What is the best way to test the varistors.

Aiming to reduce dependency on 'mains energy'. Own bio for 120k miles, solar water heating (DIY),  CHP done, Solar PV, use wood cut from own trees.
In U.K. near Worcester
clockmanFR

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 07:47:43 PM »

This any Good, ?
It seems all SMA varistors thingys are all the same?

* aaSB3800.png (135.38 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 259 times.)

* aaVaristorsSMA.png (166.2 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 273 times.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:54:32 PM by clockmanFR » Logged

Everything is possible, just give me TIME.
jotec

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:10:19 PM »

Excellent thanks for that will give it a go in the morning and post results.

Aiming to reduce dependency on 'mains energy'. Own bio for 120k miles, solar water heating (DIY),  CHP done, Solar PV, use wood cut from own trees.
In U.K. near Worcester
jotec

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »

The varistors checked out and the voltage on the connectors is now showing the same as the GTI so I think the GTI is ok and I somehow got the voltage reading wrong on the board. Looks like a PMA fault now. I have striped it and cleaned it ready to look at tomorrow.

In U.K. near Worcester
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: