navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst Solar PV installation thread  (Read 4695 times)
Stevieboy118

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »

This has been down the road from me for a few years, google maps do it better than i could. The roof is SSE (and only just, a strong breeze and it would be due south)

A bit of shading in the summer and no friggin sun in the winter.

Could be worse, look at this pillock with his panels hanging over his neighbours roof ...

... oh wait  banghead
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:00:52 PM by Stevieboy118 » Logged

4kW pv (16x250+good-we inverter)
Wood burner
Pile-o-tatty-batteries
107L water tank solar dump
Anything else the wife will let me play with.
rogeriko

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:54 PM »

When I was living in Greece the government was giving grants if you installed solar thermal systems so everyman and his dog was a registered installer. The roofs there are flat so the A frame panels and tank could be installed at any angle, which they were, depending on the time of day they were installed!!!  Morning installs pointed Easterly and the last job of the day pointed Westerly wherever the sun was at the time. wackoold wackoold  I used to make a living just turning them around to point south. extrahappy extrahappy extrahappy

* solar1.png (106.21 KB, 800x531 - viewed 297 times.)

dan_b

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »

Spotted this system today in Richmond- which is unusual in itself as there are very few around. No wonder if they're like this.  It's a South facing roof but that mature tree is only a few metres away. Massive shading...

3.06kWp SolarEdge system with a split array:
2.18kWp 10x South facing, plus 4x West facing 880W

Mk1 ImmerSUN DHW diverter
4kW PowerVault Battery
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: