navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 79935 times)
marshman

« on: February 20, 2015, 10:12:10 AM »

Back in December I had a letter from SSE which said they were updating their systems and not to submit my readings at the end of the quarter (Dec 31st) and that they would contact me in mid Feb 2015 to ask me for my readings. Not heard anything as yet just wondered if anyone else that uses SSE for FiTs had. If not I'll give them a call to ask what is happening.

Thanks

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Fintray

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:19:50 AM »

As far as I can remember they asked that no reading be submitted before the end of January, I sent my readings on the first of Feb and have only had the automated email.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
john999boy

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »

They didn't want my normal February reading and said they would be sending a letter out this month. Nothing yet though.

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
regen

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:40:37 AM »

According to my letter of Nov last year the date could be anytime up to end of March for me.-If no payent for oct to dec 2014 payment by then then they have broken their contract! Or so they tell me-i think.

Regen

3.92w freestanding PV with sb3300 +Imersun
21kw Stratford T70 woodburner
 300litre thermalstore with 3kw and 1kw immersions
 Wall star 25kw oil boiler
  Spring water supply with uv and ro membrane
 Sheep, poly tunnel and approx 80 sq m of raised veg beds.
djs63

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:02:27 PM »

Another one who hasn't heard anything! My reading was due  Dec 31st and their letter says I will hear by the end of Feb - no doubt like everyone else facepalm

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
Ivan

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »

I've heard nothing.

SSE have been consistently late paying my FITs (EVERY single payment has been later than the ofgem rules). This appears to be another ploy to justify providing no payments at all for a 12week period. I don't imagine they'll be adding interest to the many late payments they'll end up making.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
ProDave

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »

My last reading was sent at the end of November.  Under the old schedule the next reading would have been due at the end of next week.

STILL nothing whatsoever from them about the new reading schedules and method.

To give a small amount of credit, I did receive my last payment just 2 weeks after sending the reading, much quicker than it had been lately.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
ProDave

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 04:37:32 PM »

Just had an email from them saying they are still working on the new system.

to ensure people don't miss payments they requested a meter reading, which I submitted in the normal way.

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
marshman

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 12:18:46 PM »

As its the end of February and no letter has been received I called then to ask what is happening. I was told that letters are going out "as we speak" and that they said that the new payments database was taking longer to set up than planned and they had now reopened the old database to process payments. So I could submit my readings back on the old schedule. I asked about my Dec 31st 2014 reading and was told the reading MUST be after 11th January 2015, but if I submitted the current reading this would be processed. Readings can be submitted as before by email, online or by phone.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
skyewright

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:41 PM »

We would normally have submitted a reading for 31st January. Given the lack of an update from SSE & the comments here I've just submitted 28th February readings by phone. They said letters should be going out shortly, but only as a "to keep you informed" exercise. They also said that unless I hear otherwise I should submit out next reading at the end of April, i.e. as per our old quarterly schedule, so presumably they're at least allowing for the possibility that it could be months more before the new system is in place...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Fintray

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »

I received an email (27th Feb.) stating my reading had been authorised for payment and would be paid in due course.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 07:01:34 PM »

They have definitely improved the system regardless of new process operational or not.
Got the email (as per ProDave) and submitted webform reading on 28th Feb and got a returned email confirmation.
Got further email on 14th March stating "will receive payment in due course.
Just noticed transfer went into the bank today 19th.
Happy days  extrahappy
Antman

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
john999boy

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »

I submitted my readings today as that would have kept me on my original payment schedule but the woman taking them didn't want my end of March readings as well.  Highly unusual as they normally do to ensure the correct rates are placed against the correct dates! facepalm I decided to just give her my readings up to the end of March as she said that 'letters would be sent out' on the 9th May informing everyone of their new submission dates.

Let's hope that they make a better job of the 'update' the second time around?

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
Iain

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »

Hi
Phoned readings in yesterday.
They took end of March and end of April readings to take into account of rate increase.
Said the new system would be up and running within 2 weeks and we would get letters through the post soon with the new dates on. Mind you they said that last year!!
At least we are still getting paid and it does seem faster than before. Hopefully the new system will work, I just hope they keep it simple.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Ivan

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

Just as slow as ever for me - still not heard a peep out of them, and no money in the bank account.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: