navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 78025 times)
john999boy

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »

Latest news is that about 10000 customers didn't automatically migrate over to the new system when the switch was pulled.
So if you've had a letter telling you about your new read dates then you're on the faster automated system and those that haven't, aren't! Their data is having to be manually migrated so expect it to take a while...

8.46kWp solar PV - 169 - 40 slope - 53N. Immersun fuelled DHW.
tange179

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 09:39:15 AM »

Every time a payment is due you have to take to the dog & bone to see what excuse they have for you - bottom line, delaying your payments means less interest for you and possibly the unintended use of the plastic cards in the wallet.

Like many other solar pv owners the payments are required to pay bills and possibly debts for pv equipment with any surplus retained for possible future maintenance of the system.   I don't think energy companies like SSE really care about this, as the main priority for them is keeping shareholders happy, NOT FIT generators. 

I do hope that this new system is a substantial improvement over the old one, but as I'm still waiting to be migrated, I don't expect a payment anytime soon  Sad

eh

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 12:30:18 PM »

Just had Southern Electric (SSE) come and read my Gas / Electricity meter reading, asked the person if he was also taking my solar reading, he checked and said yes I can do that also, so all my meter readings Gas / Electric / Solar went into his handheld device.
skyewright

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 02:27:38 PM »

Given the comments on here I just phoned to query that I'd not seen anything from my readings submitted 1st May. Usual story, i.e. the earlier readings haven't got into the system, can you give us a fresh reading, we'll pay on that, then you should receive a letter within a few days giving the new schedule...

They weren't interested in the March 31st data, so the change in tariff will be handled pro-rata, which as has often been pointed out is bound to mean a slightly lower payment given the ramp up in production during Spring.
That was 1st June.

Today (29th) a cheque has arrived (even though I'd asked for payment direct to the bank, just has they have been doing even since our FIT contract started...).

Stranger still, the value of cheque corresponds within a penny to my own calculation for the "up to 30th April" readings I submitted on May 1st,  including correct handling of the change of tariff based on the 21st March readings I'd included! So, I suppose that should be a  Grin, provided this is payment is for 1st March to 30th April (the paper work with the cheque makes no mention of the dates it covers). I wonder if anything will result from the June 1st telephone readings?

PS.We have still not received notification of a new readings schedule, so it looks as though we are probably in the " about 10000 customers didn't automatically migrate over to the new system when the switch was pulled. "...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:29:47 PM by skyewright » Logged

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Wickham

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »

I received a letter asking for a reading on 26th June which I sent by email on 27th June, including a reading on 31st March and my bank details as an alternative to the cheque that I had been requesting previously.

Today I got a statement with zero balance with the same readings for current and past, requesting a current reading if I wanted to be paid.

I phoned and a man took today's reading, calculated the amount and said he would use the bank details from my import account if they were the same (they are).

He can't use the end of March readings and decimal points are disregarded which is probably why some people can't tally their payments with what they expect.

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
skyewright

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »

So it's well into July, our next reading on the old schedule would be due at the end of July & we've still not been given a revised schedule, so I decided to be proactive & ask what was going on.

I was told (words to the effect) that, unless I'm advised of a new schedule before then it will be fine to submit a figure for the end of July. That will then be processed as usual, and the process wil also trigger work to migrate the account to the new system.

He'd have been happy enough to take a reading today, & that also would have triggered the migration process, but I decided to stick with the existing end of quarter.

On that basis it sounds as though the FIT accounts that didn't migrate "automatically" are progressing slowly, & quite possibly hardly at all until a reading is submitted...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
djs63

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »

I submitted the end of March reading on line and was paid 2 weeks later. Soon after I was then told that the next reading was due in July 2 days ago. The on line system has changed and is naff in several respects especially if you have wind FiTs and PV FiTs. So a new problem will be substituted for transfer one.

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
skyewright

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 05:31:42 PM »

Soon after I was then told that the next reading was due in July 2 days ago. The on line system has changed and is naff in several respects especially if you have wind FiTs and PV FiTs. So a new problem will be substituted for transfer one.
Just too a look, but didn't submit a real reading. Certainly different. Naff maybe? Presumably designed to accommodate the majority, rather than cover all the angles (e.g. no sign that it could cope with an intermediate reading to allow for a change of tariff). From my point of view it's good that at least they have allowed for an export meter. Validation on the post code field was quite good at spotting junk. Seems a bit daft that "FIT ID" should be an optional entry!

Regards
David
Fintray

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »

I phoned them at the beginning of last week asking what was happening as my next reading is due at the end of the month and no payment yet from previous reading.
Was told I could give them a reading over the phone and they would base my payment on that. Asked if I could get it paid into my bank rather than by cheque (I don't pay monthly so wasn't an option before) and yes that could be done so gave my bank details. Also was told there would be a statement sent out that would give a breakdown of how the amount was arrived at.
However my optimism that things were getting better has faded.........!  Sad

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
skyewright

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »

Asked if I could get it paid into my bank rather than by cheque (I don't pay monthly so wasn't an option before) and yes that could be done so gave my bank details.
They have our bank details. All previous payments had been to that. The last payment (up to end of April) was sent as a cheque (even though I again specified bank). However, at least it has been paid!

Also was told there would be a statement sent out that would give a breakdown of how the amount was arrived at.
That would be a great improvement!

Maybe it's a consequence of the migration to the new system as I understand that the new system is piggybacking on standard billing?

Has anyone yet received payment under the new system? If so was there as statement?

Regards
David
Fintray

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 03:55:12 PM »

Also was told there would be a statement sent out that would give a breakdown of how the amount was arrived at.
That would be a great improvement!

Skyewright that's how it was up to the end of 2012 then they just stopped sending out the FIT statements for some unknown reason.

3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
skyewright

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »

Skyewright that's how it was up to the end of 2012 then they just stopped sending out the FIT statements for some unknown reason.
We've had a FIT contract since 2010, so I also remember "the old days"!
The last "proper" statement (meter readings, dates, tariffs, calculated values etc.),  we received was in November 2012, as you say.
In August 2013 we were sent something approaching an annual summary statement (with much reduced data) for the previous 12 months or so.
Nothing of the sort since then.

I look forward to them getting their act together.  Smiley

Regards
David
ProDave

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:42 PM »

Well they messed that up then didn't they.

I sent a reading at the end of May under the OLD system with my OLD account number.

they seemed to ignore that and I heard nothing.

So I sent a reading under the new system with my new reference number on 19th July.

I got my statement today. I was expecting a big payment because it's been more than a quarter since the last payment. But it was smaller tjhan expected.

What they have done, is given me a statement up to and including the new meter reading date, but they have used the meter reading I gave them back at the end of May, instead of the meter reading that I sent on 19th July.

I guess it will all work out next time but it's a shambles.

Should I try and correct this?  My concern if I don't is when they get the next reading they are likely to flag up the fact it's somewhat too high?

4KW Solar PV,  4.5KW woodburner, 5KW Air source heat pump
Iain

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »

Hi
For the sake of a phone call, sort it now. They do seem pretty good over the phone on getting things sorted.
At least there is less likely to have a problem on the next reading.
I do all my readings over the phone and I seem to have less problems overall.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Fintray

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2015, 09:12:10 PM »

Hi
For the sake of a phone call, sort it now. They do seem pretty good over the phone on getting things sorted.
Iain

Phoned them again at the start of the week as hadn't heard anything since my earlier call. Asked to give them another reading and promised it would be sorted, hopefully this time!

3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: