navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 78132 times)
Ivan

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »

A bit of a hiccup with the new system I think - I received a statement yesterday, showing that I had generated -80,730kWh, and therefore owed SSE 29,958.90 and need to phone them to talk about how I am going to repay this!!

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
skyewright

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2015, 05:54:58 PM »

He'd have been happy enough to take a reading today, & that also would have triggered the migration process, but I decided to stick with the existing end of quarter.
On that basis it sounds as though the FIT accounts that didn't migrate "automatically" are progressing slowly, & quite possibly hardly at all until a reading is submitted...
End of July readings phoned in. The person confirmed our "last readings" as the end of April ones which is fine by me as it's what we've been paid to. The phone conversation I had with someone in early June, querying payment of the end of April figures and including them (apparently) recording the end of May figures, seems to have disappeared in to the ether.

We have been promised a "statement". Hope it's not like Ivan's! Time will tell...

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Drawmer

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2015, 07:05:46 AM »

How do you get SSE to give you a statement? I haven't had any paperwork from them for a couple of years now.
I plead guilty to not checking their payments either , but I think I'll get onto them, and ask for some calculation data.

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
Fintray

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »

Phoned them again on 3rd August with my readings for the previous 3 months as still hadn't heard from them, guy I spoke to said oh I've noticed you've not been paid for the reading you supplied on the 21st July (last time I spoke to them). Said he would get it sorted and payment will be in the next 10-14 days........ whistlie

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Ivan

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2015, 11:42:10 AM »

I've emailed Drawmer the email details for the person I've been speaking to at SSE, who is new, and quite helpful. I won't put his email address here, as that would be unfair, but if anyone is having problems and wants his email address rather than the generic microgeneration@ type emails, then send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

skyewright

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »

How do you get SSE to give you a statement? I haven't had any paperwork from them for a couple of years now.
Nor me. I didn't ask for it, it's just something they said would happen. Maybe a bit more paperwork (virtual or otherwise) is part of the "new" system if what they have done is incorpoate FIT into their "normal" billing software?

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Ivan

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »

Yes, it does look very much like they have incorporated FITs into their billing software, as the layout is identical. It even says 'invoice details' at the top - which is a bit of a giveaway.

I submit everything by email, but the statements come by post (They sent the statement for one address to about 7different addresses for some bizarre reason - they claimed it couldnt happen, but it obviously did - which they say has subsequently been sorted out).

Fintray

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2015, 12:49:08 PM »

Checked my bank account yesterday and found that SSE had paid my FIT's payment in on the 13th (for the last 2 quarters), so that is 10 days after my last call to them, still no statement though.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Wickham

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »

I still haven't received payment for the reading they requested for 26th June nor for the reading on 2nd July that I gave when I telephoned SSE.

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
davec

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »

Knock on the door last Friday and it was an Scottish Hydro (yep, Scottish Hydro, not the usual G4S) meter reader, come to take E10 and solar readings. Says he'll be back in six months and every six thereafter until the cows come home (or they come and fit a smart meter) so that'll do me... no more bother with faulty annoying on-line systems, just a good old fashioned bloke in a van... Smile.
skyewright

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2015, 09:33:50 PM »

Knock on the door last Friday and it was an Scottish Hydro (yep, Scottish Hydro, not the usual G4S) meter reader, come to take E10 and solar readings. Says he'll be back in six months and every six thereafter until the cows come home (or they come and fit a smart meter) so that'll do me... no more bother with faulty annoying on-line systems, just a good old fashioned bloke in a van... Smile.
We get the ocasional visit to check the TGM, but that's always been quite separate from FIT readings (i.e. we've never been paid on those readings, only on the quarterly submissions).

Regards
David
djs63

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »

Two things....
Had a meter reader round each year who reads the generation meters (PV and wind) and the main meter but SSE never use his readings.
I used their web site to enter my 2 FiT and export readings  but they only took note of the PV. I received a posted statement for this and payment into my bank very quickly but had to ring up and eventually, read out the wind meter reading over the 'phone... I am not convinced that the web site accepts 2 FiT readings. Has anyone had a better experience please?

6 Kw Proven wind turbine, 15 Navitron evacuated solar hot water tube array and 1.8 Kw PV, grid connected (SMA inverters) and GSHP supplying radiators and UFH. Wood burning stove (Esse 300) and oil fired Rayburn. Rainwater harvesting 4000 litre tank underground. Nissan Leaf
regen

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 11:17:23 AM »

In four years I have not received a single statement from SSE for our installation in Wales so it was a pleasant surprise when the first statement arrived for the recent Norfolk installation- A comprehensive document detailing the meter readings and the rate paid on the april changeover together with the total sum and when it would be paid into the nominated bank account - and it was!- BUT this account is with First Utility not SSE.

Regen

3.92w freestanding PV with sb3300 +Imersun
21kw Stratford T70 woodburner
 300litre thermalstore with 3kw and 1kw immersions
 Wall star 25kw oil boiler
  Spring water supply with uv and ro membrane
 Sheep, poly tunnel and approx 80 sq m of raised veg beds.
davec

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »

We get the ocasional visit to check the TGM, but that's always been quite separate from FIT readings (i.e. we've never been paid on those readings, only on the quarterly submissions).

....so today arrives the SSE 'bill' telling me how much they owe me for FITs to be paid by my chosen method, which is a refund direct to my bank account. Thank you Scottish Hydro / SSE - system sorted as far as I'm concerned.

Antman
Global Moderator

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

Sent web reading 27/07 as requested.
Received posted statement dated 11/8/15 along with date for next reading submission.
BACS payment was on 21/08.

Antman
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:25:14 PM by Antman » Logged

20 x 47mm, 172 l cylinder, Heat Dump, 15 x Sanyo HIT-H250E, SB4000TL,  Nestor Martin IQ13 WBS
DIY Solar System Support at http://www.handyantman.co.uk/antman.html
All support is voluntary and free of charge. I'm not employed by Navitron so responses may not be same-day
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: