navitron

Renewable Energy and Sustainability Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Anyone wishing to register as a new member on the forum is strongly recommended to use a "proper" email address - following recent spam/hack attempts on the forum, all security is set to "high", and "disposable" email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail tend to be viewed with suspicion, and the application rejected if there is any doubt whatsoever

Recent Articles: Navitron Partners With Solax to Help Create A More Sustainable Future | Navitron Calls for Increased Carbon Footprint Reduction In Light of Earth Overshoot Day | A plea from The David School - Issue 18
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SSE New FiT Regime - anyone heard anything??  (Read 78140 times)
Wickham

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »

I still haven't received payment for the reading they requested for 26th June nor for the reading on 2nd July that I gave when I telephoned SSE so I phoned again today. I was told that my payment was due to be paid but he didn't know why it hadn't. After a pause he said he had emailed a manager to check why not, so I still don't know when I will get paid.

I've been getting payments after about five or six weeks under the old system for four years, but the new system seems to have caused massive disruption. I was asked for my date of birth (why is this relevant?) and for my email address. I said SSE already have it because I've been emailing for four years. He said it was shown in my import account but not in my PV account.

I then asked why the letter asking for my next reading said on or shortly before a certain date whereas previous requests were for on or shortly after a certain date. He said he didn't realise that and that it was required on the stated date or before 2nd October, but that isn't what the letter says so SSE are really confusing everyone.

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
Ben55

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:50 AM »

Filled in the SSE web form today.  It's refurbished, smarter; and thankfully we dont have to enter the Fit number or the Meter number  (they're optional).

But it asked several irritating questions about the export meter.... which doesnt exist here !!!

They say payment "can take 65 days" so that's no improvement.
burble61

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2015, 09:39:36 PM »

email from SSE FITS team yesterday - "the payment for your September 1st readings have been processed and paid into your account and you are being moved onto our new system. You will receive a letter shortly confirming the migration".

The fastest I have ever received a payment from SSE (it was there on our electricity account when I checked) - 21 days!  Will see what the new schedule is - wouldn't be the end of the world but would prefer to avoid another 6 month payment given my newly retired status - but if its this efficient its a definite improvement.
skyewright

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »

On Monday we received a cheque in the post (we had requested payment direct to the bank - something they've managed many times before) for the readings to 31/07/2015. We've not heard anything about a new schedule yet (or seen a "statement" they mentioned on the phone when I submitted those readings.

Regards
David
3.91kWp PV  (17 x Moser Baer 230 and Aurora PVI-3.6-OUTD-S-UK), slope 40, WSW, Lat 57 9' (Isle of Skye)
Mostie

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »

their website is even worse than before, they now claim i've never sent them any readings this year, unfortunately its low on my list of things to keep an eye on.

2x Solis PV = 1.875 kW, Mitsubishi inverter heat pump. Yorkshire Boiler Stove.
Wickham

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2015, 06:43:34 AM »

I also received an statement by post yesterday (23rd September but dated 18th September) with a payment shown for readings between March 3rd to July 2nd, which said that my next submission should be on or BEFORE 22nd September.

This was a day after I'd sent my reading on 22nd September as requested advising that they hadn't paid for the last reading.

I checked my bank account but the payment has not yet been made.

14 Upsolar UP-M190M 190W panels total 2.66kWp and 13 Enecsys SMI-200/G83 and 1 SMI-240/G83 72 cell micro-inverters and website gateway unit, ground-mounted in early May 2011; 30 degree slope; 5 degrees east of south; 8 miles west of Salisbury
Fintray

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2015, 07:05:49 AM »

Payment received on the 13th August but still no paperwork. Just waiting for the final reminder for my electricity bill before they get payment!

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!)
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
biff
Global Moderator

An unpaid Navitron volunteer who lives off-grid.

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2015, 09:21:16 AM »

Living Off-Grid,
                  We avoid a lot of the paperwork and hassle from pen pushers but we still get the odd Electricity salesman trying to sell to us. So yesterday was the turn of  "Bhord Ghais" and its super salesman from Cavan. There I was standing there waiting for my feline stock to appear so that I could feed them and he swoops into our street in hIs white focus chariot, Hops out and strides over to me, His previous job must have been on some "Swat" team.  He looked and acted the real deal. I was impressed but then he began blethering away about selling us electricity cheaper than anyone else. I told him I might be quite interested in his gas deal, a small tank perhaps and yearly supply. " Oh No" Says he, " I am selling you the best deal in electricity that you will ever get"
 I was impressed, and I told him so. However he had "Bhord Ghais" stuck all over his van and was he not already misrepresenting the facts before we even got going,?  (I was joking)
  He was about 6ft,3" and was one of those guys who has a very narrow if any, personal space barrier, who talks right into your face..H,mmmmmmmm.
  By now he was convinced that he was dealing with an idiot,standing there with a bowl of food dressed in gardening clobber with a slack look on my face.
 Anyhow, Tomi Toto walked around the corner and I pointed him out and told the guy, thats my cat and I have to feed him,,
 So now he is exasperated and standing there with his hands on hips, Asking " Is there anyone else at home", and of course I said yes, There is Natily and her boyfriend.
 Off he goes marching towards the porch but then slows down and comes back toward me and his Van.
 "So you are ok then" He says opening the door of the van,
  "Grand" says I, Plenty of PV and a very good wind turbine.
   "Whats is that" " Oh never mind" and he zoomed off.
  It must be very tough down in Cavan, I was going to ask him about my cousin who married a big shop keeper from Cavan, He gave her two kids before she realised that he was already married to another woman with 6 other kids in another big shop that he owned, She is still living down in Cavan, with her and the kids looking after the shop for him.
  Fits,?  What is that like. It don,t don,t so good. The last person to get the Fits around here was dragged off in a white van with a blue flashing light, Im keeping quiet now.
                                                                 Biff

An unpaid Navitron volunteer,who has been living off-grid,powered by wind and solar,each year better than the last one.
Wickham

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2015, 07:02:31 PM »

SSE are confusing themselves as well as their customers.

Today I got an email responding to my email of 22nd September (a very quick reply!) saying that they will be paying me for the six month period (see my previous post above) and will send me two statements, one for the three months to July 2nd (probably a copy of the one sent to me on 18th September) and another for July to to 17th September and will credit my bank account (not done yet).

My generation meter was read by their meter reader for the first time on 17th September but he wasn't sure whether this was just a check that all was in order, no fraud, etc. or whether I would be paid on the reading. It now appears that I will be paid on the meter reader's reading but the statement I received on 23rd September dated 18th September said that my next reading submitted should be sent on or before 22nd September, but they had already geared up to pay me on the meter reader's reading on 17th September!

Drawmer

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2015, 01:12:05 PM »

Email received yesterday:
We are currently in the process of migrating your FITs account to our new payment system. To ensure the process is completed accurately, could you please provide up-to-date meter readings for:
Electricity/import meter
Export meter
Generation meter
Once we have received this information a manual payment will be made up to this reading, a statement will be sent to you and your account will be migrated. You can email these readings to me or phone us on 0800 975 0502.

When I rang this in just now, I enquired about the new system, and was told that migration meant that the normal meter readers will now also read the PV meters every six months, and the billing will be part of the normal meter reading system.

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
djh

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2015, 03:22:10 PM »

When I rang this in just now, I enquired about the new system, and was told that migration meant that the normal meter readers will now also read the PV meters every six months, and the billing will be part of the normal meter reading system.
So having spent the past several decades encouraging people to mount the meters outside so they can be read easily, they now scupper the whole scheme by requiring the meter reader to come inside to read the generation meter. Doh!

Cheers, Dave
marshman

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »

Having kicked this thread off I thought I would update with my latest experience. The previous quarter I submitted readings online, chased after 30 days and 50 days and finally got paid after 60 days. This last quarter submitted my readings online again (8th September). On the 9th of September a man knocked at the door to read my electric meter and also asked to read the TGM, he even joked that at last they had seen sense and were reading both meters in the same visit where possible. I was just about to phone them after 30 days to chase them when I got a statement through the post. Even better the figures were correct. Better than that the money was in the bank a couple of days later - 31 days from submitting the reading online - and no chasing!  May be, just may be they are getting their act together.

Roger

3.15kWpk (15xSharp ND210)/SB3000. & 3.675kWpk (15 x Suntech 245WD)/SB4000TL, 10kW GSHP driving Wirsbo underfloor heating from 1200m ground loops. 10' x 7' solar wall (experimental). Clearview 650 Wood Burning Stove. MHRV - diy retrofit. Triple glazing.
Drawmer

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2015, 11:22:05 AM »

Further to my post of Sept 30th I haven't received any payment for that reading so I rang the Bureau again this morning.

1. The Bureau staff are brilliant
2. The team that are implementing the 'New System' are complete and utter muppets.

I have jest spent 30 mins talking to a helpful operator at the payments bureau. Apparently they did not have my import reading for the new system in September so nothing had happened to my payment processing.
The new system will require me to ring in, email, or use the web form every three months with my import, export, and generation readings.
The system will then calculate the payment due, authorise payment, and produce the account.

I wondered why I now have to provide import readings when this system is in addition to and is not integrated with my electricity use account, but the operator didn't know why, but she told me that it was part of the new automatic system (?)
I asked if this meant that I could see my FIT account by logging onto my SSE account, and I'm told that no, the FIT account will not be on the user accounts section of the SSE website.

The new system will also generate payment accounts so that I can see how the calculation has been done. Apart from some figures produced manually for me last August, I hadn't any paperwork for my payments since October 2012!

As today's work was done manually as we spoke, I can only conclude that the SSE 'New Payment System' is still work in progress, and burdening the call centre staff at the bureau with a lot of extra work.

Paul Drawmer, Deddington Oxon.
Thermal: 20 X 58mm slimline. 210L twin coil cylinder. TDC3. Yonos Para pump. internal 'Antman' vent.
PV: 21 X Sharp 185w mono, Diehl inverter.
Iain

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »

Hi
The new system will also generate payment accounts so that I can see how the calculation has been done

It is now on 5 pages!! it used to be on 1. Same information. Must be progress though.

Iain

1.98kWp PV (11 x Sharp 180 and SB 2.5)
20 x 65mm Thermal and 180ltr unvented
Powervault 4Kw - G200 Lithium-Ion (LiFePO4)
9000ltr rainwater storage   Plymouth
Ivan

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2015, 02:50:51 AM »

Sadly the FITs bureau at SSE isn't doing me any favours. I have had to write to them this morning, to demand a payment which they agreed in mid July. It's now been  147days - which is 57days beyond the maximum delay permitted by Ofgem. In addition, SSE have missed various readings due to the system upgrade, which presumably will never be paid unless I chase them for these payments. As the paperwork in the interim has been scant (and in some cases non-existant ), it makes it very difficult to check their figures.

www.epogee.co.uk - Solar PV & Solar Thermal Training / MCS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: